Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Very cool. I'll do my best to watch any I haven't seen.

I've seen Hellraiser many times. It's one of my favorites. Here's my (oddly book-focused) Letterboxd review:

quote:

Having now read The Hellbound Heart, I have a new-found appreciation for Hellraiser. The book works as a perfect companion to the film, and certain elements of the film that are left under-explained are now more fleshed out. The character of Frank, for example, is now more fully formed in my mind. His motivations for opening the box and his sway over Julia is left a bit ambiguous in the movie, but the book makes it all click.

I never think that a person should be required to read the book in order to enjoy the movie, but in this case the creative genius of Clive Barker that's shown in the film becomes more apparent after reading the book. So I highly recommend the read. His imagination is unlike any other horror writer/director. I'd argue his creation is the most unique and creative horror movie concept out there, even beating Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street.

4.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Lurdiak posted:

Never do this, even as a joke.

Part 4 is decent. Better than part 3 imho.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I just watched Dead of Night for the October challenge, and it owns hard.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Possibly my favorite horror movie.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Kwaidan is another one I've seen very recently. Beautiful movie.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Maniac (2012) is every bit as good as the original. A rare feat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

You know how I said TCM is my favorite horror? I lied, it's Braindead. It absolutely blew my mind when I was 16 and I've loved it ever since.