Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009

TadBradley posted:

This is the kind of question I figure I'd find easily by searching this thread, but I haven't turned up anything. I'm just trying to dip a toe into this world: what's the best resource to teach myself what I need to know for the Technician exam? I went to Hamstudy.org, and everything I see is just questions and answers, practice tests, etc, but nothing that actually teaches the concepts. It feels like I'm failing some crucial test-before-the-test that I can't find some kind of beginner's guide somewhere that is inclusive of the Technician exam material.

https://home.arrl.org/action/Store/Product-Details/productId/2003373064 should be all you need. when i was studying for mine i bought the manual, sat down with it for a few weeks reading, and ended up passing with flying colors. what you do beyond that is entirely up to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU