Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm in the middle of a move and don't have the time right now but once I'm settled I'm gonna be buying some gear and getting this all set up. super stoked to do this

I mentioned in a other thread I was into ham back in the day because my dad is an old school radio guy. he worked his way up in the highway patrol (acab) as the comms director and used to climb towers and put up/repair antennas and lights and stuff, did all the car radios and tech and poo poo. they used to let him keep all the poo poo that was broken or getting replaced and he would try to teach me how to fix poo poo but I was too distracted being 12

ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jonny 290 posted:

there's not a real strong lefty presence in any particular worldwide sense YET beyond DMR. there are some good hangouts on the DMR network where the chuds generally aren't present.

seattle's probably a good venue to take over a dead repeater or something. if its anything like denver there are 7 clubs, each of which have 13 repeaters on hilltops, and only 3 of the whole collection ever get used in any given day

once the clubs age out to literal i-cant-get-to-the-transmitter-site-in-a-hoveround levels, either things go off the air or a younger crew can step in.

just pretend it's an ubisoft game and you gotta liberate the tower to unlock more of the map