Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Late to the thread so I'll post goals plus updates

Increase net worth 50% to $54,000 ($36,282 end of Jan)
Max 2020 Roth - Almost there! ($860 left will finish in this month)
Max 2021 Roth - Starting in March
Increase Emergency fund to $15,000 ($5,700 currently)
Pay off last of credit card ($714 left)
Pay off last of my debt consolidation loan ($3,120 left)
Actively track my spending vs passively tracking like I have been doing for a decade. -This is going..ok January was weird where I had no money left but my sheet said I did???
Negotiate a $200-300 monthly rental discount with landlord (if not then find a cheaper place and move in June)

Personally
Get promotion to senior designer - working on my app now with my manager and figuring out how to achieve the goals he set for me before decision to apply in May.
Work on managing anxiety and stress - finally accomplishing :therapy:
Run 3x a week
Run another half marathon without getting injured
Get back to rock climbing regularly.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

cheese eats mouse posted:

Late to the thread so I'll post goals plus updates

Increase net worth 50% to $54,000 ($36,282 end of Jan)
Max 2020 Roth - Almost there! ($860 left will finish in this month)
Increase Emergency fund to $15,000 ($5,700 currently)
Pay off last of credit card ($714 left)
Pay off last of my debt consolidation loan ($3,120 left)
Actively track my spending vs passively tracking like I have been doing for a decade. -This is going..ok January was weird where I had no money left but my sheet said I did???
Negotiate a $200-300 monthly rental discount with landlord (if not then find a cheaper place and move in June)

Personally
Get promotion to senior designer - working on my app now with my manager and figuring out how to achieve the goals he set for me before decision to apply in May.
Work on managing anxiety and stress - finally accomplishing :therapy:
Run 3x a week
Run another half marathon without getting injured
Get back to rock climbing regularly.

Increase net worth 50% to $54,000 ($+6500 )Feb: $11,200 left (This one might have been to easy)
Max 2020 Roth - $330 left
Increase Emergency fund to $15,000 - (+200)$5900
Pay off last of credit card - (-$580) $134 left
Pay off last of my debt consolidation loan - $2,891
Actively track my spending vs passively tracking like I have been doing for a decade. - Found where things were going wrong. Will be accurate now.
Negotiate a $200-300 monthly rental discount with landlord (if not then find a cheaper place and move in June) - I might be allergic to the metal of our elevator. So might be moving

Personally
Get promotion to senior designer - working on my app now with my manager and figuring out how to achieve the goals he set for me before decision to apply in May. Still ongoing. Debating some UX certification in a management track. Went to a UX research conference and will be continuing my education on the strat side with a roadmapping course paid for by work
Work on managing anxiety and stress - Found a local psych with a cheaper co-pay
Run 3x a week My big toe needs rest. PT and me are working on the root cause of this
Run another half marathon without getting injured. Ran a 10k for the first time since May 2020
Get back to rock climbing regularly. Definitely a mid-year goal after SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 27, 2021

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
My job IPO'd so I'm re-jiggering.

Increase net worth 50% to $54,000 ($+6500 )Feb: $11,200 left (This one might have been to easy) Sitting at 77k!
Max 2020 Roth - $330 left
Increase Emergency fund to $15,000 - (+200)$5900 After estimated tax and debt payments I am sitting at about $23,000
Pay off last of credit card - (-$580) $134 left
Pay off last of my debt consolidation loan - $2,891
Actively track my spending vs passively tracking like I have been doing for a decade. - Found where things were going wrong. Will be accurate now.
Negotiate a $200-300 monthly rental discount with landlord (if not then find a cheaper place and move in June) - I might be allergic to the metal of our elevator. So might be moving

Personally
]Get promotion to senior designer - working on my app now with my manager and figuring out how to achieve the goals he set for me before decision to apply in May. Still ongoing. Debating some UX certification in a management track. Went to a UX research conference and will be continuing my education on the strat side with a roadmapping course paid for by work
Work on managing anxiety and stress - Found a local psych with a cheaper co-pay[/s]

New goals for this month
Need to convert my Traditional to Roth to do a Backdoor Roth
Pay estimated taxes for conversion AND gain proceeds
Pay off last of my debt consolidation loan - 2,433.73

New goals for the year
Divest shares at the end of the our lock up
Max ESPP and sell in December
Max Backdoor Roth
Pay off student loans

Done
Discount on rent has been negotiated 8% off to $240! Partner wants to ask for more, 10%
Submitted accomplishments to make the case for my promotion. Will start hearing more in this quarter
Registered for the first two classes for UX management cert
Making great mental health strides :)

Personally
Run 3x a week Still need to rest and work on PT. Could be broken
Run another half marathon without getting injured. I am injured
Get back to rock climbing regularly. I got vaxxed! May is looking like a solid start date!
Go on vacation!

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 2, 2021

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

My job IPO'd so I'm re-jiggering.

Pay estimated taxes for conversion AND gain proceeds
Pay off last of my debt consolidation loan - 2,433.73

Done
Discount on rent has been negotiated 8% off to $240! Partner wants to ask for more, 10%
Submitted accomplishments to make the case for my promotion. Will start hearing more in this quarter
Registered for the first two classes for UX management cert
Making great mental health strides :)

Goals for this month
Need to convert my Traditional to Roth to do a Backdoor Roth. I have been sleeping on this because it is hard to understand and laziness.
Get the 2021 contribution I made out of my Roth because I will be over the limit

Goals for the year
Divest shares at the end of the our lock up. I contacted a CPA and sent them my information because I am looking at a $250k+ ISO sale this year
Max ESPP and sell in December In progress
Max Backdoor Roth See above
Pay off student loans See above

Personally
Run 3x a week it is not broken. I have lost my motivation
Run another half marathon without getting injured. I am now not injured
Get back to rock climbing regularly. My fingers are hosed from dermatitis

I wish my health would go back to normal :/

On the upside my manager says my promotion is in and he's very excited for me to be moving up and I am excited as well! I have been operating at a higher level since I started.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Goals for this month
Need to convert my Traditional to Roth to do a Backdoor Roth. I have been sleeping on this because it is hard to understand and laziness.
Get the 2021 contribution I made out of my Roth because I will be over the limit

Goals for the year
Divest shares at the end of the our lock up. I contacted a CPA and sent them my information because I am looking at a $250k+ ISO sale this year
Max ESPP and sell in December In progress
Max Backdoor Roth See above
Pay off student loans See above

Personally
Run 3x a week it is not broken. I have lost my motivation
Run another half marathon without getting injured. I am now not injured
Get back to rock climbing regularly. My fingers are hosed from dermatitis

I wish my health would go back to normal :/

On the upside my manager says my promotion is in and he's very excited for me to be moving up and I am excited as well! I have been operating at a higher level since I started.

I got promoted!

For September
Traditional roll-over to my 401k - In progress. Waiting on Vanguard to call me back
Sell my vested shares - Soon!
Bug my CPA about quarterly taxes - This week
Pay off my student loans - This month
Fully fund my Emergency Fund outside of ESPP savings
Max my 401k for 2021 - Put in for this change to payroll today.
I am also doing well living off my savings for funding my ESPP

Be debt free at 33!

Personally
Running I am training for a 10 mile race at the end of September.
My fingers are still in rough shape from dermatitis. I hope the time away from the city and two weeks PTO will help with stress and healing.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
September Update
Sell my vested shares - Done
Pay off my student loans - Done
Be debt free at 33! - $850 on credit cards. I have way more than enough cash on hand to cover it so I would call myself debt free. :)

Personally
Running I am training for a 10 mile race at the end of September. - I did it!
My fingers are still in rough shape from dermatitis. I hope the time away from the city and two weeks PTO will help with stress and healing. - Vacation was great and my fingers are looking amazing and very close to healed.

For October
Traditional roll-over to my 401k - In progress. There is 15k somewhere? I'm going to call Lincoln next week if it doesn't show in my account.
Bug my CPA about quarterly taxes - Done then never called me back. I contacted another CPA and now waiting for their call....Why is it so hard to get a CPA in NYC???
Fully fund my Emergency Fund outside of ESPP savings - Will do this once I pay my taxes
Max my 401k for 2021 - In progress
Still doing well living off my savings for funding my ESPP
Recharacterize my 2021 Roth contribution and earnings to Traditional
Backdoor my maxed Traditional IRA.
Payoff rest of CC debt.

Personally
Get to half marathon training
Possibly get back to rock climbing