Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Keeping going with my 2020 goals but modified a bit to fit this new pandemic life, I hit everything except saving up a 100K house downpayment...

Financial:

1. Continue to fully fund both 401(k)s, both backdoor ROTH IRAs, and family HSA - same as 2020 and should be achievable.
2. Continue to maintain 3mo rolling budget and 6mo emergency fund.
3. Grow house downpayment fund from $75K to $150K - we will probably buy a house before we fully hit this.
4. Grow 2020 net worth by 25% from $537K to $671K - we have managed to get this up between 63% and 173% over the last three years so I am hoping we can manage this more modest goal even if things get rough in 2021.

Non-financial:

1. Read 26 books this year - I have almost 400 ePubs that I keep collecting so it would be good to chip through this. I'll post about the stuff I read in the Book Barn what did you just finish? thread.
2. Since the gym has been fully off limits for awhile, re-establish Couch to 5K and look to Ring Fit Adventure for at-home exercise. I might put up a TFLC log later in the month.
3. Go back to my meditation practice to stay sane in the pandemic.
4. Help my wife find a better job in her field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

moana posted:

2020 Recap
Things went about as well as they could all things considered. Passed my CFP exam so I can be a financial planner - now I just have the experience requirements left.

Very interested to hear about your CFP journey as it continues, I always enjoy your posts in BFC.