Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

2020 Recap:
-Substantial growth in liquid assets from shoveling as much money as we could (since we didn't travel as much as we usually do)
-Mortgage has 14 years to go at 2.625%...finally putting this in print for the sake of motivation, but as long as we stay on course, when that mortgage is done, we should be FI with a buffer to spare. Just more motivation I guess. Still have a rental property and long-term tenants that have been amazing and didn't lose their jobs.
-A bit of guilt because in a year where Covid19 destroyed lives and I felt like I never do enough as a black man to fight for the downtrodden, this was the best financial year of my life. Even working in mental health, I truly learned the meaning of stress eating. Somehow I didn't gain a megaton of weight because I kept my metabolism at high flow with nervous energy...yay??? Oh brother, I need to keep focused.
-Didn't meet side-hustle monetary goals but I don't care because it's a fun hobby.

2021 goals:

-Max out retirement accounts/HSA as usual
-Add at least the amount of money that I added last year into the taxable brokerage account
-Once the rest of the family is vaccinated, plan/fund trip to Australia. The trip itself may not happen this year, but I want the planning to be established as a 40th birthday gift for my wife.
-Double revenue for side-hustle

Personal goals (ad infinitum at this point)
-Work out 4 times per week, average 1 hour per day
-Read one book per week on average
-Engage at least one quality social contact outside of work each month
-Complete one home maintenance/improvement task each month, no matter how small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU