Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

2021 Goals, some financial, some professional, some personal. Building good habits is the main goal for me here since that is part of where I have fallen down the most.

1. Finish professional development thing that I’ve been meaning to do, should be done by June.
2. Convert old IRA to Roth, this will be a good January project
3. Continue retirement contributions in line with prior years, Roth IRA done, 401k on track
4. Read 26 books this year
5. Study for GMAT and decide one way or the other on business school applications by the fall
6. Make time to take a full week of vacation that I don’t need to open my laptop during
7. Finish QDMA Deer Steward I and make a plan for the family land to improve whitetail habitat
8. Keep off the weight I lost in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

moana posted:

This sounds really interesting, what are you doing with the land?

Right now I’m talking with our neighbor about putting in a food plot. There are some logs on our trails that I also want to deal with, I can probably just move then to the side by myself, but would prefer to have a friend to drive me to the hospital if a chainsaw disagrees with me as I turn them into chucks suitable for splitting.

Long term I want to see if a burn makes sense or planting different trees, but I have no idea what I’m doing at this stage so it will be baby steps for the next few years.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

crazypeltast52 posted:

2021 Goals, some financial, some professional, some personal. Building good habits is the main goal for me here since that is part of where I have fallen down the most.

1. Finish professional development thing that I’ve been meaning to do, should be done by June.
2. Convert old IRA to Roth, this will be a good January project
3. Continue retirement contributions in line with prior years, Roth IRA done, 401k on track
4. Read 26 books this year
5. Study for GMAT and decide one way or the other on business school applications by the fall
6. Make time to take a full week of vacation that I don’t need to open my laptop during
7. Finish QDMA Deer Steward I and make a plan for the family land to improve whitetail habitat
8. Keep off the weight I lost in 2020

So this year has been mixed.

1. Hopefully next spring
2. Done, good timing too for reasons which will be apparent later
3. 401k is going to end up behind, but the IRA was taken care of
4. I think I've read 3-4?
5. 730 GMAT, and applying 2nd round to my schools
6. Started a gap year last week, was just burned out at my job and needed to do something else
7. I didn't finish this on time, so I want to start it again.
8. This one did not work out, it will be a key element of my 2022 plan

Excited to start my gap year, deer opener was last weekend and I have a few more days of gun season to see if I can't fill the freezer that way, otherwise bow season goes until the end of the year.

I have a pheasant hunting expedition planned in December and will be doing at least one trip to visit the business schools that I am applying to.