Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snailshell
Aug 26, 2010

I LOVE BIG WET CROROCDILE PUSSYT
^^ cute house, love your tulips too!

My goals for 2021, in order from most to least plausible:
  • Break $5k on our house down payment fund
  • Resolve retirement vs. house allocation priorities with my wife; nervously conservative, I want to feel comfortably fat in retirement balance and not buy a house for 8+ years, while she wants to feel settled and secure and shoot for a 5-year purchase timeframe
  • Enter expenses into YNAB as they happen - use it as a budget, not an expense tracker
  • Break $50k personal net worth??????
And if anyone who has a book goal in this thread wants to keep track of their reading, may I plug The StoryGraph? It's similar to Goodreads, but is not owned by Amazon, has a much better UI, and the recommendation algorithm and user-generated graphs are far superior. Also, you can give half- and quarter-stars in ratings! Having a StoryGraph account has made me prioritize reading much more in my life, I'm already up to 62 books read this year :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snailshell
Aug 26, 2010

I LOVE BIG WET CROROCDILE PUSSYT
October 2021 update!

snailshell posted:

My goals for 2021, in order from most to least plausible:
  • Break $5k on our house down payment fund Done!!!! And, market pending, projected to break $7k by the end of the year!
  • Resolve retirement vs. house allocation priorities with my wife; nervously conservative, I want to feel comfortably fat in retirement balance and not buy a house for 8+ years, while she wants to feel settled and secure and shoot for a 5-year purchase timeframe Resolved, partially due to the hosed-up real estate market lol
  • Enter expenses into YNAB as they happen - use it as a budget, not an expense tracker Doing much better at this! All impulse purchase decisions are pre-funded and immediately entered rather than post-hoc funded
  • Break $50k personal net worth?????? Not there yet, but $4k closer than July and $4k to go :)