Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Etuni
Jun 28, 2006

What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors

Long time reader, first time goal poster. 2021 goals:

* Max 2020 Roth IRA before April deadline. Stretch goal: max 2021 Roth IRA this year
* Max HSA
* Don’t touch emergency fund
* Joe Biden forgives the last of my student loans at $7,500. If not, pay these off I guess.
* Give away more money than last year (about 4% of my salary in 2020, would like to be able to comfortably donate 10% eventually.)
* Actually buy the things I’ve saved for (new laptop, phone, bicycle, and PC) and treat myself a little. Loose budget of $200/month for large “fun” purchases. Have already ordered the laptop!
* Stretch goal: increase my 401(k) contribution from 10 to 12%. Depends on student loan situation and possible raise at work.

Other goals:
* Get a vaccine and travel outside my city in 2021
* Use my fancy new planner consistently throughout the year to keep track of projects, and as a record of things that I do, books I read, etc.
* Continue learning 3D modeling and create some art that I’m proud of. Stretch goal: Start a youtube channel and post at least 1 tutorial
* Have some sort of fitness routine, and put more miles on my bike than last year (Which Strava tells me is 602). Complete the entire 50 miles of a local bike route in one go.

Etuni fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etuni
Jun 28, 2006

What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors

Q1 Update!

* Max 2020 Roth IRA before April deadline. Stretch goal: max 2021 Roth IRA this year About to contribute $1k towards 2021!
* Max HSA On auto-pilot via paycheck deductions
* Don’t touch emergency fund So far, so good.
* Joe Biden forgives the last of my student loans at $7,500. If not, pay these off I guess. Still waiting on this, Joe.
* Give away more money than last year (about 4% of my salary in 2020, would like to be able to comfortably donate 10% eventually.) I keep throwing $20-50 at various mutual aid requests and projects, should be on track for this but will sit down and calculate it next quarter.
* Actually buy the things I’ve saved for (new laptop, phone, bicycle, and PC) and treat myself a little. Loose budget of $200/month for large “fun” purchases. Eh, buying things is hard. Decided I don't need a PC anyway since I have a new laptop.
* Stretch goal: increase my 401(k) contribution from 10 to 12%. Depends on student loan situation and possible raise at work. I did get a raise, but will need to see what my actual take-home pay increase is before I make a decision on this.

Other goals:
* Get a vaccine and travel outside my city in 2021 No progress. I'm technically eligible for a vaccine now but can't find any appointments in the city.
* Use my fancy new planner consistently throughout the year to keep track of projects, and as a record of things that I do, books I read, etc. Failure on this.
* Continue learning 3D modeling and create some art that I’m proud of. Still practicing. Stretch goal: Start a youtube channel and post at least 1 tutorial
* Have some sort of fitness routine, and put more miles on my bike than last year (Which Strava tells me is 602). Complete the entire 50 miles of a local bike route in one go. Lifting in my basement gym and loving it, not really biking much until it gets warmer.