Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bors is just as bad as Rall, if not worse

I was being rhetorical, but this is good energy to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

DalaranJ posted:

Anyway, if I wanted to get some terrible cartoons by terrible artists what are the best places to find them?

Okay, I have a plan. It's a plan that involves Political Cartoons and posting, so it's not a good one. But I have a plan.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress cops.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't get that on the first page this year, but that's okay.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks I hate it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I will note that Wiki Sours is currently in kinda lockdown (ain't that appropriate) because it got very thorougly infested with spam while I wasn't paying enough attention to it, and by the time I realized, I didn't have any pre-spam backups. I've disabled user registration, and regular users cannot edit pages, though bureucrats (I don't know why that's a user type on MediaWiki) and higher can, while I work on getting rid of all the spam pages. It's not going fast given how I have to do it, so unless someone can get in touch with me and inform me how I mass-delete (as in, more than 500 entries at a time) stuff from SQL databases, it's gonna be a while until I open that back up.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's Mr. E.G. Stimulus to you peasant!
:bahgawd:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

OAquinas posted:

Eagles don't get poo poo on, they poo poo on everyone else!

Trickle-down economics

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sinfest Sunday
Woke up early, couldn't get back to sleep so I decided I might as well punish the thread by posting this nonsense.

Wait, when a woman is drawn with white eyes it means that woman is actually a sex robot, are these dudes also robots? Like many things this will remain unclear. Also: BOTH SIDES BAD!

No, not "soon", 2020's life should be over "now". Actually, it should have been over "two days ago" since this comic is from January 2nd. Come on dude, you have total creative control here, if you're going to do a storyline where a year "dies" pace things so that actually happens before the year ends in real life.

It's really insidious how the author draws the protestors as exclusively white and male, thus removing race entirely from a movement primarily about racial equality that people of all genders are participating in. That way he's able to demonize them as a group while not appearing overtly racist.

So, in summary: The 2020's death is still being dragged out and BOTH SIDES ARE BAD*

*provided you ignore all the actual views and beliefs of both sides and pretend they're just fighting for no real reason.

Happy 2021 everybody!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 3, 2021

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Ishida: One of these groups are wielding baseball bats and axes and they're destroying property! The other group exclusively brought guns, including assault rifles, with intent to kill the other faction.
Ishida: I see no difference between these two factions whatsoever.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

CuwiKhons posted:

Ishida: One of these groups are wielding baseball bats and axes and they're destroying property! The other group exclusively brought guns, including assault rifles, with intent to kill the other faction.

As I said in the last thread, it's this.

Except entirely unironical.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I like how woke protestors randomly shout "Woke!", as if they are loving pokemon.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

SimonChris posted:

I like how woke protestors randomly shout "Woke!", as if they are loving pokemon.
Wokémon

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The left longs to use the US war machine for its own purposes. You nailed it, buddy!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'd like to repurpose the war machine to restore and expend critical infrastructure across the transportation, healthcare and nutrition sectors.
I'm sorry if this is unexciting and you think that's a bore machine.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

This is the most comprehensible it's been for a long time.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The left longs to use the US war machine for its own purposes. You nailed it, buddy!
They were just jealous this whole time.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sinfest Sunday
No, not "soon", 2020's life should be over "now". Actually, it should have been over "two days ago" since this comic is from January 2nd. Come on dude, you have total creative control here, if you're going to do storyline where a year "dies" pace things so that actually happens before the year ends in real life.
It's tricky, though, because you never know when you're going to have to forget about advancing or even really adhering to any sense of a coherent story and just publish five pages of purely visual non-sequiturs.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

KennyMan666 posted:

I will note that Wiki Sours is currently in kinda lockdown (ain't that appropriate) because it got very thorougly infested with spam while I wasn't paying enough attention to it, and by the time I realized, I didn't have any pre-spam backups. I've disabled user registration, and regular users cannot edit pages, though bureucrats (I don't know why that's a user type on MediaWiki) and higher can, while I work on getting rid of all the spam pages. It's not going fast given how I have to do it, so unless someone can get in touch with me and inform me how I mass-delete (as in, more than 500 entries at a time) stuff from SQL databases, it's gonna be a while until I open that back up.
Ask around in the tech support forum, someone can probably help you write up a SQL query that will delete them all for you in a few minutes worth of work. SQL can definitely do that kind of work for you, but its been years since I'd done any fiddling with it and I never got that deep into it in the first place (I only use it to keep some old internet forums on life support).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

By popular demand posted:

I'd like to repurpose the war machine to restore and expend critical infrastructure across the transportation, healthcare and nutrition sectors.
I'm sorry if this is unexciting and you think that's a bore machine.

convert bunker busters into math teachers!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You'll notice that I didn't mention the education sector, the army has nothing to teach our children.
Nukes should be scrapped for clean energy sources.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bors is just as bad as Rall, if not worse

Bors has gotten very repetitive in the past year staying in the wasteland, hopefully they've gotten out of it by now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Political comic about characters in a wasteland is getting repetitive?

But enough about Prickly City.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Make both McConnell and the Hard Working Americans anthropomorphic dogs too and you could probably ride the conservative furry grift train until retirement.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

GoutPatrol posted:

Bors has gotten very repetitive in the past year staying in the wasteland, hopefully they've gotten out of it by now.

I was tired of Bors' wasteland gimmick but then we decided to do The Stand and Grapes of Wrath at the same time and now I'm back into it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I thought I recognised this one. Yoloswag is one of the post-Stonetoss neonazi comics folks. He's done guest comics for Pumpkinface. He does the double ironic thing pretty heavily, so it's actually impossible to know what he means most of the time, but it's clear he's operating in that circle.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
At this point I only truly hate the following lazy categories of political cartoons:

1. Dumb and so goddamn crazy. Even if I agree with their opinions.
2. Holidays and dead celebrities at the pearly gates.
3. The thing where something normal is going on and a conservative everyman is either being snarky or looking sad. Asay was the master of this.
4. Oops! I forgot to tell a joke! Jokeless Mallard Fillmore or Prickly City especially.

Bors has gotten lazy over the years with the wasteland comics and more and more "dumb and so goddamn crazy". I know they read the thread and I appreciate the in-jokes and their art is nice and they definitely have The Good Opinions but lazy is lazy.

Lotsofluck
Nov 26, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
How about to add to the categories of the Gaybies nominations, Worst Cartoon About Corona and Worst Cartoon About Riots, because those were two major things this year.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There should be a thread for nominations at some point? It’s not my thing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

KennyMan666 posted:

I sent you a PM.
I think. You might not have PMs? The screen after I clicked "send" didn't stay up long enough for me to read it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bors has gotten lazy over the years with the wasteland comics and more and more "dumb and so goddamn crazy".

To be fair, it's hard to avoid that when you have mainstream politicians believing in qanon.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

2020 is gonna die in February or March at this rate

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

Honestly the faction with guns seems more heroic. There to protect America from the woke-fascists.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

Honestly the faction with guns seems more heroic. There to protect America from the woke-fascists.

We've only been seeing the woke lads in a negative light, these MAGA dudes have only just shown up, now, in 2020's hour of need

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Welcome to the Brexit golden age – Britannia surveys a future out of the European Union"

Sunday Telegraph:

England health officials defend contingency plan to mix Covid vaccines

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

:psyduck: But if they have so much vaccine wouldn't the doctor and nurse already be vaccinated? So it wouldn't matter how close they got?

Apropos and definitely not a humblebrag, but I'm getting my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow and it's actually hard to wrap my mind about the fact that by February I won't have to worry about this thing anymore.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I saved this to post on the first page of the thread, but then my internet went down yesterday and the ISP said they can't send anyone to fix it until Tuesday and now I'm phoneposting from my in-laws' house. So 2021 is shaping up great so far. May it be an even bigger, more mobile dumpster fire than 2020.

From @iandrawsmoore

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lotsofluck posted:

How about to add to the categories of the Gaybies nominations, Worst Cartoon About Corona and Worst Cartoon About Riots, because those were two major things this year.

:allears: I remember early last year when I asked if we'd need a category for Covid and everyone was still optimistic that it may not even last long enough to be a significant "thing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Somfin posted:

We've only been seeing the woke lads in a negative light, these MAGA dudes have only just shown up, now, in 2020's hour of need

He's spent literally years banging on about how the woke zombies are bad. As far as I know this is the first time we have seen the MAGA guys, when they show up to fight the group that the artist has gone out his way to define as the enemy. I would say he's accidentally created pro right wing militia propaganda, but I'm not sure there is anything accidental about it. Seriously, just look at the color comics, it's indistinguishable from "sheepdog" propaganda.