Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

forest spirit posted:

Okay, I had just seen more than a couple posts about people wanting to steer the thread away from it. I don't really post in the sex and hollywood I just didn't want to poo poo this one up.

Just looking at one situation at at time, this is the parents' account of the situation regarding one of the people he has kidnapped in his home:

https://lastrealindians.com/news/2022/6/10/chief-bear-testifies-ezra-miller-groomed-my-niece

I think it says "my neice" but it may have been written by the parents themselves. It is incredibly salacious

And Gibson Iron Eyes account: https://www.instagram.com/tokatawin/

They have a video response and I think two text posts explaining their side. It seems their parents are deadnaming them and they have a strained relationship and Gibson is seeking distance from them.

The parents account seems insane. Insane. But unless Gibson Iron Eyes has 12 IQ (they very clearly do not) it's hard to say they're held in an inescapable drug/gun compound while Ezra is presumably on a warner lot in a superhero outfit

This has been discussed before.

So the thing is even if *every single thing is a lie* all of it:

Ezra Miller has has extremely inappropriate contact with underage children that has continued to adulthood in some cases. They have a lengthy history of violence and anger at being 'disrespected.' These are proven facts. Even in the best circumstances they look real bad.

Going ' well maybe the parents are bad' requires ignoring that Chase Iron Eyes is an activist who has campaigned for LGBQT+ rights and has a literal history of work dealing with native children being taken away from families. That doesn't mean he is a good person but rushing to 'I bet they are just bigots' involves ignoring that. The deadnaming is because they claim Ezra has forced a new name which, shockingly, has a significance because there sure is a history of white folks forcing name changes onto native children.

The basic fact is this: Even if literally every thing turns out to be an innocent mistake Ezra is *still* a provably violent rear end in a top hat who treats these accusations like a joke.

I am tired of people using Ezra being queer as an excuse for poo poo because most queer people don't actually end up that way. It is loving lovely to have to hear people go 'man what can you do, all NB people break into houses, act violent, and spend uncomfortable amounts of time around teenagers who they convince to move in and go clubbing with them. "

And it is also super great that accusations of violence from someone with a proven history of violence get written off despite the person being accused treating it like a loving joke instead of a real accusation. Like I'd be more willing to entertain thst poo poo if they weren't posting taunting messages and flaunting how they are above the law.

Also you know jack poo poo about abuse if you think all someone who has been abused needs to do is wait until their abuser leaves. Boy all those abused spouses just had an IQ of 12 didn't they. Just so dumb. How could anyone who is abused ever feel like they are trapped or deserved the abuse or that it is normal behavior. That is unheard of.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Ezra Miller has used their white skin to put WB's movie executives in their thrall. That's why the media keeps posting those pictures of them looking fierce; if you stare at them long enough you'll be next! Truly this person is a criminal mastermind.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Anyone who is calling someone a groomer is just riding an internet fad at this point. Before 2 years ago this just wasn't a thing and now suddenly it's everywhere. Learn to spot a moral panic.

Holy poo poo you have some bad posts how can you pretend to not understand white and male-presenting privilege and then immediately follow that up by claiming an actual groomer is somehow just a leftover from the current homo- and trans-phobic moral panic that the fascists are trying to work up?

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

forest spirit posted:

Okay, I had just seen more than a couple posts about people wanting to steer the thread away from it. I don't really post in the sex and hollywood I just didn't want to poo poo this one up.

Just looking at one situation at at time, this is the parents' account of the situation regarding one of the people he has kidnapped in his home:

https://lastrealindians.com/news/2022/6/10/chief-bear-testifies-ezra-miller-groomed-my-niece

I think it says "my neice" but it may have been written by the parents themselves. It is incredibly salacious

And Gibson Iron Eyes account: https://www.instagram.com/tokatawin/

They have a video response and I think two text posts explaining their side. It seems their parents are deadnaming them and they have a strained relationship and Gibson is seeking distance from them.

The parents account seems insane. Insane. But unless Gibson Iron Eyes has 12 IQ (they very clearly do not) it's hard to say they're held in an inescapable drug/gun compound while Ezra is presumably on a warner lot in a superhero outfit

An important thing to keep in mind about this is that when children are stolen from indigenous parents it is always, always blamed on some alleged abuse by the parents. Ezra is just doing colonialism in they/them clothes.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It’s gonna to be great when The Flash Movie comes out, flash creates flashpoint and disappears into the speed force and then it cuts to Grant Gustin getting struck by lightning and being trained by Battfleck

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Leave Grant Gustin in the CWverse or whatever. They can do better than him.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

ImpAtom posted:

Boy all those abused spouses just had an IQ of 12 didn't they. Just so dumb. How could anyone who is abused ever feel like they are trapped or deserved the abuse or that it is normal behavior. That is unheard of.

Miller's wealth and fame are also likely factors. "This famous millionaire celebrity who took me under their wing has offered me a life of privilege, acceptance, and endless access to resources that would otherwise have been completely impossible." Abusers are very adept at identifying vulnerable people and sabotaging their individual self-worth. "You are nothing without me." If you're that person, you're not inclined to "escape your abuser" because you feel totally dependent on them, and genuinely believe the world outside would be way worse for you.

It's the same MO for cults like Scientology or the FLDS: the issue isn't that victims are physically incapable of escape. They've been psychologically conditioned to believe that "escape" is way worse than whatever they have to endure inside.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 10, 2022

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

teagone posted:

Leave Grant Gustin in the CWverse or whatever. They can do better than him.

Maybe but he's had to endure the last 3 seasons of CW writing and working him to death. He deserves a treat!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

Maybe but he's had to endure the last 3 seasons of CW writing and working him to death. He deserves a treat!

His treat was stable work and a paycheck.

Now Candice Patton on the other hand, she deserves far more for putting up with that poo poo

McCloud fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 11, 2022

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Miller has become a Snyder level threat to this forum and needs a quarantine thread.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I am going to lock this thread for now until either I or MacheteZombie can keep an eye on things.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Reopened now. Sorry to pull the lamest thing a mod can do.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You’re on your way to some mod sass, buddy

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah I was wondering what was going on there. Convo seemed to be petering out on its own

E: unless Roth is an insane Grant Gustin stan

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Based on the new reporting about the OTHER cult compound Ezra was running in Iceland, it seems less like an issue with alcohol/drugs specifically and more that a combination of "mental health issues" + "rich and powerful person believes they are untouchable and entitled to do anything" are the likely sources of this behavior.

Drugs and alcohol can certainly cause these behaviors, but it really seems like it has been a mental health situation + shielded from all consequences combo that has been enhanced by drugs and alcohol rather than being caused by it. Obviously, you can't diagnose someone from just press reportings, but this seems like it goes beyond drugs/alcohol and being a groomer.

quote:

New Details About Ezra Miller's Cult Leader-Like Behavior Surface

New allegations surrounding The Flash's Ezra Miller suggest that the actor ran a cult-like sanctuary during their time in Reykjavik, Iceland.

New details have emerged about The Flash star Ezra Miller's cult-like behavior during their time in Iceland.

According to Insider, multiple people have stated that Miller acted like a cult leader during their time renting a spacious Airbnb in Reykjavik, Iceland, which was home to "a menagerie of Icelandic artists, expats, and spiritual confidants whom [Miller had] encouraged to stay there, even though many had their own homes in Reykjavik." One woman, who visited the house in March 2020, referred to the Airbnb as a "commune," noting how the guests living in the house were "hypnotized" by Miller's every word and unfazed by their mood swings. Rumors soon began to circulate in Reykjavik that The Flash actor was running a cult due to their monologues on spirituality and emotional outbursts, as well as their insistence that they possessed supernatural powers, requesting that guests should participate in group meditations. Insider noted that "[many] of the people who became involved with Miller said they believed in the issues Miller cared about."

quote:

However, not everyone who visited Miller's house was enamored by them. A 23-year-old woman reported witnessing Miller fly easily into a rage over trivial matters, swearing and screaming at one group of friends for trying to pick which song to play over a speaker, telling the group to get out of their "sanctuary." The woman also recalled a time when Miller confronted her and her friend about wanting to leave the house. "You don't like my hospitality," said Miller, who warned the pair that they could read minds. When she eventually left the house, she stated that it felt like escaping. "I was a bit traumatized for a while," she admitted. "It was one of the weirdest days I've ever experienced."

quote:

Another woman, an 18-year-old musician, also shared her experience with Miller, recounting to Insider that "she had sex with Miller three times [in a hotel] and communicated sparsely with friends and family." She also stated that the actor became fixated on her breeding capabilities and worshipped her "perfect" womb while telling her that her family was holding her back from a better life. "Ezra was super manipulative. They kind of had us all under their finger," she said. "They were able to twist and pull everything that I thought I knew about the world."

After six days, Miller returned to their home in Reykjavík and the woman went home to her apartment where her roommate proceeded to share documents with her about how cult leaders promise spiritual awakenings or material goods to manipulate targets and isolate them from their friends and family. "[It was] the exact same thing that I was in with Ezra and that really scared me," the young musician said, who was so terrified of seeing Miller again that she fled her apartment until the actor left the country 10 days later. The woman has stated that while she only spent six days with Miller, "it honestly felt way, way longer" and that she isn't sure she will ever "recover from this."

quote:

Miller being called a cult leader is the latest in a long string of accusations against the actor. They had previously been reported to the police for engaging with a German woman in threatening, abusive behavior while visiting her home in February 2022. The actor has also been accused of grooming an 18-year-old woman by her parents. Another incident involves Miller housing a mother and her three children at a cannabis farm with loose firearms in June 2022. Despite all the allegations and accusations against the actor, Warner Bros. is still expected to release The Flash, which stars Miller as the titular speedster, in theaters in 2023.

https://www.cbr.com/ezra-miller-cul...campaign=CBR-TW

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
are we all tired of Miller reporting yet? No?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/the-flash-fate-ezra-miller-problem-worsens-warners-1235196919/

quote:

A source with knowledge of the situation says the studio appears to be preparing for three possible scenarios.

First, Warners has received indications that the 29-year-old Miller, whose mother has accompanied the actor in recent days, will seek professional help after returning home to their farm in Vermont after being away. If that help happens, Miller, who goes by they/them pronouns, could give an interview at some point explaining their erratic behavior over the past few years. The actor could then do limited press for The Flash, and the movie would open in cinemas as planned.

The second scenario: Even if Miller doesn’t reach out for help, Warners could still release the film. But don’t expect Miller to play a prominent role in terms of marketing and publicity. Nor would Miller be The Flash going forward, as the role would be recast in future projects.

The third case: Things go from bad to worse, with the situation with Miller deteriorating. This would see Warners killing the movie outright, as it could not be reshot with a different actor. Miller plays multiple characters and is in almost every scene. Scrapping a $200 million film would be an unprecedented move.

My big takeaway here is that scrapping the film entirely is now unofficially on the table, something I'm pretty sure WB sources have consistently denied in reporting on the Miller clusterfuck until now.

Granted, most of us probably knew that was a possibility if the Miller situation continued to deteriorate, but that they're now willing to say so to industry reporters, even off the record, is a fairly notable shift.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should just scrap it for tax purposes, rekindle production on Batgirl and make a new Superman film the highest priority. People want another one. People want Cavill back. I dunno how you can talk about any kind of plan and not have Superman at the front and center. Affleck seems to be into doing stuff again so get him too. Do a World's Finest or something.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ezra is due for several court appearances, I imagine more details are going to trickle out in the coming year, depend what WB does will at least partially depend on what news comes out of that

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

Holy poo poo you have some bad posts how can you pretend to not understand white and male-presenting privilege and then immediately follow that up by claiming an actual groomer is somehow just a leftover from the current homo- and trans-phobic moral panic that the fascists are trying to work up?

"Groomer" is a sexual thing, which hasn't been proven in this case. And, yeah, chuds have co-opted this to any left winger/queer person who hangs around kids in any manner to muddle everything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

are we all tired of Miller reporting yet? No?

Yes.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jimbot posted:

rekindle production on Batgirl

Batgirl was created just to say that they weren't racist in the wake of Ray fishers accusations, let it burn and start over.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

bushisms.txt posted:

let it burn and start over.

This, but for like, all of movies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jimbot posted:

Should just scrap it for tax purposes, rekindle production on Batgirl and make a new Superman film the highest priority. People want another one. People want Cavill back. I dunno how you can talk about any kind of plan and not have Superman at the front and center. Affleck seems to be into doing stuff again so get him too. Do a World's Finest or something.

Pretty sure tax writeoff status like Batgirl is totally irreversible.

But you're not wrong, problem probably is they're still clinging kicking and screaming to the idea that anything remotely Snyder is yucky poo poo and yet he's still the only one who actually had a plan.

Also pretty sure 'let it burn and start over' is what they were already trying to do like twice over. Audiences get sick of that poo poo quickly, see Spider-man.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Batgirl was created just to say that they weren't racist in the wake of Ray fishers accusations, let it burn and start over.

pretty sure it had a lot more to do with Jason Kilar wanting high-profile, big-budget content for HBO Max, actually

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd assume they could, in theory, reverse it if they paid back the tax writeoff, but that would entail a huge media conglomerate voluntarily paying more in taxes, so I'm not gonna hold my breath

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 11, 2022

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But you're not wrong, problem probably is they're still clinging kicking and screaming to the idea that anything remotely Snyder is yucky poo poo and yet he's still the only one who actually had a plan.

Also pretty sure 'let it burn and start over' is what they were already trying to do like twice over. Audiences get sick of that poo poo quickly, see Spider-man.

Reshoots to remove Keaton from Aquaman 2 and put in Affleck suggest otherwise. I’m not holding my breath for Snyder’s Justice League 2 and 3, but it is very clear that the folks at WBD actually do like Snyder’s version. I think Cavill returning as Superman is possible, but not a guarantee. The likely plan is release the projects currently in production and, and then go into a total reboot.

Outside of the Flash and Aquaman 2, the other 2 projects are Black Canary and Blue Beetle. Blue Beetle just finished shooting. It seems pretty disconnected from both Snyder’s stuff and the post-Snyder reworked DCEU. It could potentially have reshoots to trailer it towards being the start of a new rebooted DCU.

I don’t know Black Canary’s current production status, but with Jurnee Smollett reprising the role, it’s probable that it’ll stick to the current continuity or whatever exists after The Flash. Probably expect cameos and returns from characters from the BOP movie.

As an aside, I never liked the term “DCEU.” Extended universe? An extension of the comics? Then why isn’t MCU called the MCEU? They should have settled on DCCU.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Reshoots to remove Keaton from Aquaman 2 and put in Affleck suggest otherwise. I’m not holding my breath for Snyder’s Justice League 2 and 3, but it is very clear that the folks at WBD actually do like Snyder’s version.

the rumor is that this has nothing to do with WBD preferring Snyder's version, but is instead to fix a continuity issue created by Aquaman releasing before The Flash (it was originally supposed to be the other way around)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

pretty sure it had a lot more to do with Jason Kilar wanting high-profile, big-budget content for HBO Max, actually

Nah, and again, you're talking about the company that made up a whole rear end Frosty the snowman movie to cover the same issue. The same company was going to do Blue beetle but only make it a TV show until people were like why are you going to make the first Latino cape a TV show and then they bumped it up to movie status.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

the rumor is that this has nothing to do with WBD preferring Snyder's version, but is instead to fix a continuity issue created by Aquaman releasing before The Flash (it was originally supposed to be the other way around)

A continuity issue caused by the old regime's dumbass decision to make an 80 year old man the main Batman.

Edit: if continuity was truly the underlying issue, they would have simply moved Aquaman 2 after The Flash. The old regime brought him into The Flash in the first place as a gently caress you and kill him off.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 11, 2022

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1557454893572431873

This gave me a chuckle.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

A continuity issue caused by the old regime's dumbass decision to make an 80 year old man the main Batman.

I have to agree that making Keaton the main Batman in the DCEU going forward never made much sense to me for the obvious reasons, and I doubt the current WB regime will stick to that plan.

bushisms.txt posted:

Nah, and again, you're talking about the company that made up a whole rear end Frosty the snowman movie to cover the same issue. The same company was going to do Blue beetle but only make it a TV show until people were like why are you going to make the first Latino cape a TV show and then they bumped it up to movie status.

Blue Beetle was supposed to be an HBO Max original movie like Batgirl, not a series

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So which MCU film is Magnum?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Darko posted:

"Groomer" is a sexual thing, which hasn't been proven in this case. And, yeah, chuds have co-opted this to any left winger/queer person who hangs around kids in any manner to muddle everything.

We have a witness to Ezra loving an 18 year old that they befriended when they were 12.

E: also the other barely 18 year old they hosed and afterwards suffered emotional trauma

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WBD systematically fired every executive in the old regime who had an active hand in firing Snyder and sabotaged his films. Walter Hamada is “leaving” in October, but he has no influence in the mean time. And then WBD hired on Alan Horn as senior advisor, the guy who was very close with Snyder at WB in the 2000s. WBD hasn’t explicitly said they prefer his vision, but reading between the lines, it’s clear.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shageletic posted:

Yeah I was wondering what was going on there. Convo seemed to be petering out on its own

E: unless Roth is an insane Grant Gustin stan

Just wanted to be cautious.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Roth posted:

Just wanted to be cautious.

Yeah I kinda get it. But this is insanely interesting (and just insane) so people are gonna yap about it, esp since its affecting an entire universe of movies. Let's just see how it goes I gues.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shageletic posted:

We have a witness to Ezra loving an 18 year old that they befriended when they were 12.

E: also the other barely 18 year old they hosed and afterwards suffered emotional trauma

a nasty (and completely intended) side effect of “all queer people are predators” rhetoric is that even if people don’t buy into it, it serves to muddy the waters when it comes to identifying actual sexual assault and dilutes the language that is used to call out such behaviors. Grooming is a term that refers to a real issue that until very recently was pretty clear and unambiguous in what it was referring to, but now it’s been co-opted so that actual victims are being drowned out by tons of “an LGBT person existed in the vicinity of a child” white noise. It’s sad to see how quickly it’s gotten to the point that some people are just reflexively dismissing the accusation of grooming outright even in the presence of damning evidence.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1557719813878738950

Praying for option 1 for maximum comedy.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 11, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Darko posted:

It hasn't been legally proven yes but I'm not a jury and there are multiple people close to the situation making credible claims that this is happening with a lot of detail.

Plenty of celebrities have behaved this way and never been convicted of it. Depp, Drake, etc. It has nothing to do with them being enby but does happen at an unfortunate time for the community who's getting that term used against them regularly. Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey also are youth sex predators and it has nothing to do with their sexuality or gender and lots to do with them being celebrities and being pedos.

Barry Convex posted:

My big takeaway here is that scrapping the film entirely is now unofficially on the table, something I'm pretty sure WB sources have consistently denied in reporting on the Miller clusterfuck until now.

There's still time for them to be replaced with digital Tig Notaro!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Shageletic posted:

https://twitter.com/batdan530/status/1555007470141116416?t=90OFenvx1ye5y9BmfVqnWw&s=19

This is just as believable, and it says that that didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love what a trainwreck DC films are, from Snyder to Miller

I hope their new executives rehire Snyder, let's keep this train rolling