Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Spiritus Nox posted:

*raises hand* yes please and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if I crave vtubers playing apex legends and talking to themselves for seven and a half hour stretches, a cute spider anime would be almost as good

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm curious if any of the studios have come up with remote working policies. Animation being a kind of entertainment you should in theory be able to make under pandemic restrictions

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Wasn't it already delayed to Spring 2021 from it's hypothetical, amorphous original launch?

Did they even announce a release window when they announced it in 2019? Plus, MAPPA had other shows airing in the Fall and Winter, like Gymnastics Samurai and AOT

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'm curious if any of the studios have come up with remote working policies. Animation being a kind of entertainment you should in theory be able to make under pandemic restrictions

I thought the issue had to do with voice acting

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I know Studio Colorido made that move a while ago, although they don't make typical TV anime. Not sure about any others, though one would assume KyoAni figured it out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sb hermit posted:

if I crave vtubers playing apex legends and talking to themselves for seven and a half hour stretches, a cute spider anime would be almost as good

Aoi Yuuki Spider Vtuber

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
just attack on titan and eva eventually

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch the latest season of the well-animated and critically acclaimed show that advocates imperialism and genocide, you guessed it Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Did they even announce a release window when they announced it in 2019? Plus, MAPPA had other shows airing in the Fall and Winter, like Gymnastics Samurai and AOT

I thought the issue had to do with voice acting

The US studios seem to have overcome this problem pretty well. I dunno why they wouldn't be able to do the same, unless they do group recordings as standard or something.

Waiting for Titan 4 on Toonami for more Jessica Calvello on my TV. And also the plot and stuff.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

The US studios seem to have overcome this problem pretty well. I dunno why they wouldn't be able to do the same, unless they do group recordings as standard or something.

DING DING DING

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sindai posted:

The first episode of Last Dungeon Kid was a lot funnier than I expected.

I remember reading a few chapters of the manga a while back and I enjoyed it then. Seeing it get an anime was a pleasant surprise!

Hopefully the humor stays fresh because I like the characters so far

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hony jail time

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i liked the first episode of the final dungeon kid show. i hope they focus more on the homer simpson/frank grimes dynamic he has with the witch lady

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Any recommendations this season for shows with an adult cast of characters?

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

SweetBro posted:

Any recommendations this season for shows with an adult cast of characters?

The main characters of Urasekai Picnic are both in college, and based on the first episode it’s already looking to be an excellent show.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

for a show with an adult cast of characters i recommend office drama Youjo Shachou

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

DING DING DING

Yeah the voice acting agencies don't want home studio setups to be the norm in Japan for two core reasons:
-group recordings
-keep control of their employees (home studios run the risk of your VA going independent)

There's also the fact Japanese living spaces are generally smaller so there's often not room to set up a recording studio.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Both look fun, thanks!

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah the voice acting agencies don't want home studio setups to be the norm in Japan for two core reasons:
-group recordings
-keep control of their employees (home studios run the risk of your VA going independent)

There's also the fact Japanese living spaces are generally smaller so there's often not room to set up a recording studio.

Group recordings are preferred all round because you can get a much better performance if you're interacting with the other actors rather than trying to react to thin air/a recording. This is why the acting for video games is usually a notch or two worse, because those are usually done solo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tatoeba Last Dungeon was interesting. The concept is basically something like Fantasy Superman where the main character is super strong and agile and can use magic that is considered to be extremely powerful, but is naive and pure and has a busted sense of power scale.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Greblin posted:

Group recordings are preferred all round because you can get a much better performance if you're interacting with the other actors rather than trying to react to thin air/a recording. This is why the acting for video games is usually a notch or two worse, because those are usually done solo.

Yeah but anime is doing a LOT of solo recordings now too anyways.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

Tatoeba Last Dungeon was interesting. The concept is basically something like Fantasy Superman where the main character is super strong and agile and can use magic that is considered to be extremely powerful, but is naive and pure and has a busted sense of power scale.

there's a whole bunch of those! 1 (Kenja no Mago) aired a few seasons ago even!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That reminds me we need a Helck anime.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm still wondering what the heck they are going to do with Log Horizon. Currently there is only one book in the main series left to adapt.

Slime is going to have a war crime committed by the protagonist, and it isn't portrayed as being a bad thing he is doing. The book even goes out of the way to try and justify it.

I'm excited for more Cells at Work.

I'm also excited for Dr. Stone, but the pacing is going to be weird considering the last season ended right before the end of a major plot arc.

I'm hoping So I'm a Spider, So What? turns out good, but I'm still a little bit worried about the CGI, and it spending too much time with the side story characters who are all awful and boring.

There are some other shows I'm going to check out too.

-edit Forgot that Neverland is coming out this season too. I'm looking forward to that.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 5, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Slime is going to have a war crime committed by the protagonist

It is, in fact, not a war crime.

e; because people like to dance around this as if it's some sort of hosed up secret: the MC wipes out an enemy army that was hell-bent on committing genocide against all monsters while that army is in the middle of invading the monster country he rules.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 5, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Slime is going to have a war crime committed by the protagonist, and it isn't portrayed as being a bad thing he is doing. The book even goes out of the way to try and justify it.
Do you think all retaliations to heinous foreign aggression in media are war crimes? Do the Geneva Accords exist in the Isekai series?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

there's a whole bunch of those! 1 (Kenja no Mago) aired a few seasons ago even!

This one isn't Isekai though so it's 100% better because of it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Reiche posted:

I remember reading a few chapters of the manga a while back and I enjoyed it then. Seeing it get an anime was a pleasant surprise!

Hopefully the humor stays fresh because I like the characters so far

The nice thing is that the first episode was pretty upfront about what the series is about (unless they manage to go really off the rails compared to the manga) so you can quickly get a good idea if you're going to enjoy the ride.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Lemon-Lime posted:

It is, in fact, not a war crime.

Planning to wipe out an entire army even if they surrender is definitely a war crime. It doesn't matter that the protagonist massacres them all before they even have a chance to do so. Simply planning to do so is a war crime. It also doesn't really matter that there are no Geneva Accords in the Isekai world. You wouldn't say Isekais where the protaganist engages in slavery aren't hosed up even if its legal in the ficitional Isekai world.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 5, 2021

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Planning to wipe out an entire army even if they surrender is definitely a war crime. It doesn't matter that the protagonist massacres them all before they even have a chance to do so. Simply planning to do so is a war crime. It also doesn't really matter that there are no Geneva Accords in the Isekai world. You wouldn't say Isekais where the protaganist engages in slavery aren't hosed up even if its legal in the ficitional Isekai world.

Hm, sounds like folks should watch Tanya the Evil instead for an isekai that's more honest about its protagonist committing war crimes.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

can we get a slime anime about dragon quest slimes instead

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Elephant Parade posted:

can we get a slime anime about dragon quest slimes instead

There's been at least 3 by now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's a currently airing dragon quest anime!!! god

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Why couldn’t they have made an anime of Dragon Quest XI. It’s got cool slimes and isekai! I’m really enjoying Dai no Daiboken though since I never saw the original.

But really I just want more Sylvando on screen

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

i was wondering where i can trim some of the shows im watching this season so this was helpful thanks

this sounds way worse than anything attack on titan has presented and that show is the go to for being called fascist for enjoying by weird internet dumbos who never engaged with the material but read an angry summary from a 7th grader once and got really mad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the slime thing is very funny because the same people who thought goblin slayer was an act of antisemitic propaganda are now defending the exact same thing because the shows vibe is cutesier

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
goblin slayer's high elf archer, and slime's milim, are both super cute

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heres my pitch: shield hero but the protagonist is a metal slime. everything else is exactly the same. everyone will love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

goblin slayer's high elf archer, and slime's milim, are both super cute
frankly, this