Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/OPB/status/1633497453654855680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
Torswats uses synthesized voices to pressure law enforcement to specific locations as part of a growing wave of swatting-as-a-service providers.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
Truck carrying 40,000 pounds of toxic soil from East Palestine train derailment overturns on highway.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Wakko posted:

Truck carrying 40,000 pounds of toxic soil from East Palestine train derailment overturns on highway.

:doh:

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
When unpublished magic the gathering cards showed up on YouTube last week, Wizards of the Coast sent Pinkertons to conduct a raid on the YouTuber's home.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School. The stopped trains also prevent ambulances and fire trucks from helping people in an emergency.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
Amazon has a new low-price health service called Amazon Clinic that helps manage prices for the customer in exchange for irrevocably signing away HIPAA protections for patient data.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Seems wildly illegal but probably not because lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

As explained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are many practical uses for rainwater, including watering plants that aren't intended to be food.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

As explained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are many practical uses for rainwater, including watering plants that aren't intended to be food.

aaaa

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Arsenic Lupin posted:

LOL, is this due to water rights bullshit?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The larger article was on which states allowed you to collect rainwater; the CDC thing was because rainwater might contain germs. The fact that all the plants in the garden were currently being watered by the rain did not cross the reporter's mind.

The actual CDC article.

quote:

Avoid using rainwater for drinking, cooking, brushing your teeth, or rinsing or watering plants that you intend to eat. Instead, use municipal tap water if it is available, or purchase bottled water for these purposes.

They're worrying that rainwater collected from the roof could have been contaminated with roof materials, germs, squirrel poop, and so on. However, it is pretty terrible for the environment to be using human-potable water to water vegetables if you have collected rainwater available. I wouldn't think this was as silly if they said "don't water plants you eat uncooked" or equivalent, but that butternut squash is going straight into the oven and the skin's not going to be eaten.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The germs and poop will be good fertilizer

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

"Dianne Feinstein appears unaware she just missed three months of Senate business."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/1659295011685429249

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd much rather cops spend their money on kayaks than APCs to be honest

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
How could you miss that this confirms the existence of fish people

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Fish people are woke now

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1661914953417097220

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I see that Debbie Does Dagon’s post‐forums career is not going well.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
"It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room.”

Ham Cheeks has issued a correction as of 06:34 on May 26, 2023

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
An 84-unit 6-story apartment building in Davenport, IA partially collapsed early Sunday, the 28th of May and after a brief rescue effort extracted six or seven (seen this reported differently in different news reports) survivors, the city announced the rescue operation was over and the building would be demolished immediately, despite at least one resident unaccounted for.

https://twitter.com/irosarioc/status/1663318975114035203

Here she can be seen shouting for help from the 3rd floor of the building. She was brought out of the building safely.

https://twitter.com/k_5mydearwatson/status/1663346932352184322?s=46&t=OM1jvyL08MCwvRmTNDMLiA

Even though there are still multiple residents unaccounted for, the demolition is still set to proceed immediately.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/30/us/davenport-iowa-apartment-collapse-demolition-tuesday/index.html last updated 30 minutes ago

e: this is the state the building is in (no one was reported killed but as noted some residents are still unaccounted for)

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 09:26 on May 30, 2023

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

This story is so absolutely bugfuck
https://twitter.com/Kyle_Ocker/status/1663578539055108097

https://twitter.com/LKenausis/status/1663607223392559104

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The outside doesn't look like total dogshit so did they literally just go by and slap a coat of paint on it and declare it fixed lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Incredible headline
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1663697012263354368

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It would be funnier if he had been in a Fieseler Fi 156.

Model name: Storch, or “Stork” in English

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

holy poo poo

Weka
May 5, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

The outside doesn't look like total dogshit so did they literally just go by and slap a coat of paint on it and declare it fixed lmao

Personally I find the large hole in the middle rather unsightly.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

warning do not read further it gets worse

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Weka posted:

Personally I find the large hole in the middle rather unsightly.

It's open concept, sheesh another stemlord who doesn't understand architecture

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Autism Advocates Are Dreading a Campaign Season of Insinuations About Ron DeSantis

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Boris Johnson is stepping down as an MP with immediate effect after receiving the Partygate report.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Koishi Komeiji posted:

A new Iowa bill would roll back child labor laws, allowing 14 to 17 year olds to work in mining, meatpacking, demolition, operating guillotine shears, and other dangerous jobs.

Under the business backed bill, employers wouldn't be civilly liable if kids are injured or killed.

Third Teen Worker Killed In Industrial Accident As States Try To Loosen Child Labor Laws.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Police on Saturday further pushed back against allegations of brutality against a Palestinian arrested in East Jerusalem, denying officers branded a Star of David on his face. They indicated the marks were caused by a boot pressed against the suspect’s face.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I was about to ask why they had the star of david molded onto their shoes but I guess that's answered by the sentence

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Corner Kelley: Brand Emgagement

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The hurriquake experienced by los Angeles proved to be relatively mild

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1693847737777754372

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
A Cocaine Warlord Is Saving the Amazon With His Campaign of Terror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Wakko posted:

A Cocaine Warlord Is Saving the Amazon With His Campaign of Terror

The Hunter Biden Saga