Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Very cool project.

LegoMan posted:

Cosmetic: Interior is rough. Door panels need to be replaced. Door lock missing on passenger side. Seller gave me replacement roof with functioning moonroof that I'm definitely going to pay to have replaced.

Do this last, like right before you're ready to sink the money in to paint. That's a hell of a lot of work just to introduce something that rattles and leaks, over the years of my car ownership I've grown to really really hate moonroofs. At the very least, drive the car without it enough to know if you can live that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

DrChu posted:

It looks like the car in the photo has one already. LegoMan - are you just replacing the moonroof mechanism or the whole roof?

Oh you're right, don't know why I didn't catch that.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Yeah, nothing wrong with that.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

LegoMan posted:

gently caress BMW and their organic 70's curves because cutting out some MDF to fit that took so many trips back to the jigsaw but I finally got it and covered it with that "carpet" they use for speaker boxes.

You're supposed to make a template out of cardboard or even paper that you just crease into the curve, then cut to fit with scissors. Once you have that you trace it on to the MDF. Even that's not perfect sometimes but it might save you a trip or two in the future.