Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Bellmaker posted:

spoilers it says "TANKS FOR NOTHING!"

This is clever as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Big Beef City posted:

I dunno that you can punish the Eagles for that in any way, but holy poo poo that was an embarrassment to their franchise, and if I was a fan I'd be livid. That stinks.

Really? If I was an Eagles fan I wouldn't care at all and would be happy I'm picking 6 and not 9.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Gatts posted:

Have any of us considered the possibility of Phillip Rivers winning a ring?

from a plastic ball in one of those claw machines? no

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Bellmaker posted:

spoilers it says "TANKS FOR NOTHING!"

Imagining myself as a New Yorker eating my breakfast pizza saying "Yowza how do they keep coming up with these things!" while my bowtie spins

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The only redeeming part for Eagles fans is that they hosed the Giants. But overall there's no WAY it was worth doing for a coach that's already embattled

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

You must not live in the NY area.

I live in NY, I just care more about the comedy of a 6-10 team hosting a playoff game than I do about the Cowboys being the team that gets in. A 7-9 team hosting it is funny but I've seen it before.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AndrewP posted:

The only redeeming part for Eagles fans is that they hosed the Giants. But overall there's no WAY it was worth doing for a coach that's already embattled

There is no way he did that without the FO being on board.

sirtommygunn posted:

I live in NY, I just care more about the comedy of a 6-10 team hosting a playoff game than I do about the Cowboys being the team that gets in. A 7-9 team hosting it is funny but I've seen it before.

Dude, the amount of salt and copium that we're going to be able to soak up from Giants fans in the next week will be just delicious.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Really? If I was an Eagles fan I wouldn't care at all and would be happy I'm picking 6 and not 9.

Now I wonder if they're going to go quarterback in the first round. One of Wilson or Fields will probably be there still.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Manoueverable posted:

Man, the saints could've had the bye if only they hadn't loving shat the bed against the Eagles..

I just hope we can beat DA BEARS next weekend.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

what other way could they evaluate sudfeld a guy who has been third string for three years :thunk:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This may shock you guys, but Nate Sudfield isn't a good quarterback.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

There is no way he did that without the FO being on board.

Yeah. It's just going to be spun as them wanting to see what they had in Sudfeld.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Who even gives a poo poo about Giants fans that this was a preferable outcome to a 6-10 division champion? Lame.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol that game

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Kirios posted:

Now I wonder if they're going to go quarterback in the first round. One of Wilson or Fields will probably be there still.

They'll both be gone by that point, imo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Giants players complaining on twitter about the Eagles tanking the second half was pretty funny

Maybe win more than 6 games if you want a playoff spot idk

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1345950382212734976

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I don't care about the Eagles or WFT so I'm surprised at how annoyed I am by that game. This will be the final game for some of those players, and it has to suck to have your coaching/management just sink your chances to win.

I hope Dougie is a smooth talker cause with the way that D was playing, there is going to be a pissed off locker room.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The only thing funnier than the 6-10, undeserving Giants being upset about missing the playoffs is everyone on twitter very upset about the integrity of the game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That was a whole new level of embarrasing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's pretty cool that the first year they ditch the racist name Washington gets in the playoffs, but like this

It's like OK Snyder throwing you a bone but not really you still suck

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
God I can't believe I have witnessed another 2k season

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Benne posted:

lol that the AFC South got two playoff teams and both of them are buried in the morning timeslots

goodell announces four day wild card mega weekend with thursday night double header

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shyduck posted:

That was a whole new level of embarrasing

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1345949603053457409

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1345950701621563393

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1345952106902138881?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

when youre right

Yudo
May 15, 2003

If I wanted to go to the playoffs, I simply would have won 7 games.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Were Collinsworth and Michaels just playacting or did they really not frigging understand what the Eagles were doing?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Live presser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANS93pcM3wA

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

GD_American posted:

Were Collinsworth and Michaels just playacting or did they really not frigging understand what the Eagles were doing?

They definitely understood they just didn't want to say it because they'd lose their jobs.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

:(

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GD_American posted:

They explicitly said that they weren’t saying what they really thought because they’d lose their jobs.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GD_American posted:

I don't think they're allowed to just flat out call a franchise out for tanking.
Could make them or the network appear partisan or something.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alright ive changed my mind after seeing all the Giants tweets, this was great

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyoU-e5gQxI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/EliManning/status/1345950760186605568?s=19