Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Way spicier than i thought eli was capable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Gatts posted:

Have any of us considered the possibility of Phillip Rivers winning a ring?

Yea, NuvaRing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

Way spicier than i thought eli was capable

He’s pretty decent on his SNL stint

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens open at -3.5 vs the Titans and my gut feeling is they're gonna win and cover. Don't the Tennessee can stop this rushing attack, not sure who can honestly.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
a season and a half of Carson Wentz being awful? Time to begrudgingly bench him for Hurts.

3 games into Hurts, it's time to bench him to see what we have in our 6th rounder from 2016 who hasn't thrown a pass in 2 years Nate frigging Sudfield.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

Ravens open at -3.5 vs the Titans and my gut feeling is they're gonna win and cover. Don't the Tennessee can stop this rushing attack, not sure who can honestly.

All depends on the Ravens defense to my mind. The whole off season was spent making them ready for this moment so we'll see.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

syzpid posted:

a season and a half of Carson Wentz being awful? Time to begrudgingly bench him for Hurts.

3 games into Hurts, it's time to bench him to see what we have in our 6th rounder from 2016 who hasn't thrown a pass in 2 years Nate frigging Sudfield.

Tanking is a hell of a drug.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

In the.post game press conference he said it wasn't a tank, he deserves a shot.

Which might actually be worse

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

Yeah I mean if we take him at his word that's more inexplicable than sticking with Wentz for so long.

If there's a non-tank explanation I think the man just really doesn't like Hurts and never wanted him.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

adaz posted:

2016 sixth rounder career backups do not deserve anything except the league minimum

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

adaz posted:

Id fire him just for that if he was actually trying and that’s what we got

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/Kurt_BSH/status/1345963156183642112

poo poo this would have been beautiful.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

"Yes I was coaching to win, yes that was my decision solely," Pederson said. "Nate has been here for four years and I felt that he deserved an opportunity to get some snaps."
lmao ok

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The Titans account for 25% of all 2k rushers. Titans bitch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If that was coaching to win then he needs to be fired right now.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Did edp die

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I think it rules that the eagles tanked on purpose, personally

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wolf!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If they wanted to give Sudfeld reps, they’d have let him play the whole game.

Sending him in cold in the 4th quarter of a close, nationally-televised game with playoff implications, just so he can get mauled by a great d-line? That’s called the “Uriah Gambit”, and God frowns upon it mightily.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
He's full of poo poo that was 100% a tank and he doesn't wanna get in trouble with the NFL but it was 100% throwing in the towel for the draft

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
They had a shot at tying the game up that they blew turning it over on downs right before the change, lol.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm honestly proud of the AFC South. We got two solid teams in there (none of this sneaking in at 9-7 bullshit for once!) and either team could do damage.

Rooting for y'all, Colts and Titans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What a year.

Even though I liked Justin Herbert before the draft, I had no idea he'd be THIS. Especially not his rookie year. He already has as many 300 yard passing games in a season as Dan Fouts and Philip Rivers, set the rookie passing TD and the rookie TOTAL TD records. He broke the completions record as a rookie. He fell 40 yards short of breaking the passing yard record, but he also only played in 15 games. The Chargers have their quarterback of the future. I'm extremely happy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Daniel Jones falls rear end backwards into a couple rings and everyone says he's better than Herbert

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Intruder posted:

Daniel Jones falls rear end backwards into a couple rings and everyone says he's better than Herbert

Herbert goes 13-3 for 3 years, loses 2nd round to 3 different teams.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I do not think there is any benefit to sitting your rookie QB

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

This is one of those things where I don't think there's a real answer because you can't game it out accurately. I can point to Mahomes, Rodgers and I guess Brady even though he was a sixth round guy as having sat a year or most of one and, well...they worked out ok. But they were all sitting behind established good (or great for Rodgers) starters and there was no real pressure to play them. Hmm, I guess Cousins sits in this category too for other reasons, and what you think of him is your decision.

But mostly even if your idea going into the season is to let the rookie sit it seems really hard to keep your new toy on the bench when your starter sucks rear end. So most guys get thrown to the fire whether sitting would help them or not.

e: duh Rivers too as a guy who sat, but again behind what turned out to be a pretty good QB. Brees just happened to get good the instant Rivers was drafted. Brees also sat which I forgot, behind Doug Flutie. Who I would argue was not good but I figure a lot of people will disagree with me.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 4, 2021

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Barudak posted:

Not when you're sitting him for a third string guy that's been in the league four years and immediately turned the ball over twice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well yeah, as regards what Philly did last night there's nothing beneficial to anyone other than people who hate the Giants.

So...Philly fans really.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Barudak posted:

Not getting him murdered if your OL is David Carr Texans tier?

That's the only scenario though (unless they have some horrendous habits that need to be coached out)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ozymandius1024 posted:

That's the only scenario though (unless they have some horrendous habits that need to be coached out)

In retrospect, Burrow would have probably been better off with a year on the bench

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m glad the Eagles lost.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

Well yeah, as regards what Philly did last night there's nothing beneficial to anyone other than people who hate the Giants.

So...Philly fans really.

As a cowboys fan I will never not enjoy the eagles eating poo poo, especially after having to listen for a few years about how Wentz is the second coming.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Sitting your QB makes sense when it’s a whole season and the pressure to win is high and it might break your QB. Realistically this game was a preseason game in importance

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ozymandius1024 posted:

Teams who are that bad on the OL don’t generally fix it in just one year though, so at some point you’re probably still throwing the guy in behind a poor offensive line and now you’ve wasted valuable years on his rookie contract.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hail to the City!
Hail Victory!
Now much less racist!
Fight for all DC!

Try not to get demolished too hard in round 1.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Hopefully next season week 1 gives us Eagles at Giants.

Not primetime of course, cause they both suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe the NFL will give the Eagles the most difficult schedule