Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I want to start biking again in spring but I can already feel my inability to follow routines loving me over, also planning on some mountain hiking in march, for now I'm just running around forests shooting airsoft guns few times a month and walking everywhere instead of using car or public transport, not much but it's something, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

my partner wants to buy yoga mat and do some exercises in home so I gonna do it with her then, I can never stick to routine but if I just do it with her it might work

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

so, I was hiking mountains few weeks ago, and was running around forest during airsoft session last Sunday and I got really fixated on how bad my stamina is, I will try to bike few days a week for over an hour since the weather is nice enough for it but that won't probably last long, any tips to keep my adhd interested in regular training? It is really hard for me to follow schedules if I am not instantly gratified due my neuroatypicality even when I am finally taking medication. I was thinking of trying to play Ingress or pokemon go while I am biking around the city but I am not sure if this will give me these little dopamine boosts I need. Also any tips on how to stop hating running? I don't know what is wrong with me but every time I want to start running I get tired after 300meters or so and want to stop it as soon as possible. It's tedious and makes me feel disgusted of myself when I struggle to run for another few meters. I am also open to suggestions on other activities that can improve my stamina and not require going to gym because these are still closed here and swimming pools are off limits for my trans rear end (which is a terrible irony because I love swimming and swam a lot before I figured myself out)

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Midjack posted:

is listening to music or podcasts something you can do to help maintain focus or is that illegal/suicidal to do while running or biking in your environment?

It's not grabbing enough of my attention and I end up with just lot of noise in my ears

e: it's not that i have problem with being engaged on bike as I like biking with music, for that it's mostly lack of motivation to actually get up and start cycling

RustyKnight fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 2, 2021

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

so, I took my bike from the basement and went to cycle for some coffee and ride around the park, it was fun and made me motivated to finally do some exercises on our new fitness mat, I struggled to do a one push up and more than five crunches. Can anybody recommend some basic home training plans for complete couch potatoes? I am legitimately scared right now, I have never been this weak physically, at least stamina is holding up and mentally I have never been better

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

yeah, I was just scared initially but I guess being stuck at home and over a year of blocking testosterone finally took it's toil on me making me incredibly weak, gonna find some exercises for working out with just a fitness mat and try to ride my bike dialy

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

ring fit adventure

i would try that but I don't have a switch, and spending money on switch and expensive fitness game is not really in my budget right now

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

successfully managed to do ~1h of bike and few strength exercises every other day for over week now, I think I'm past the initial resignation threshold and I already see a bit of improvement. Tiny iron's back!

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

current mood:

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

I want to get fit but my ADHD says that I should get really into ham radios instead of going out for a run

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

Fatal Error posted:

quoted for truth
calorie counting was the only thing that worked for me personally when i first really tried to fix my nutrition. and really do weigh everything you eat, it' s a bother at first but you get used to it. it helped me lose 30kg and get the closest to a healthy weight i'd ever been. i regained over 10 kg after getting an office job though :v:
finally got fed up with myself and decided to start counting again this week.

seconding this, can confirm from my own losing of 15 kgs (and gaining 8 due of depression :smith:) and knowing this poster personally too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

RokosCockatrice posted:

yosfit: where the only remaining fat32 exists between the keyboard and chair

I started running to lose weight, and after three years I'm now a fat guy who runs a lot

same here, well I don't run that much but I do minimal exercises and see my stamina has improved, so now I am a fat idiot that runs really fast at local airsoft field and is still able to catch breath