Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Kangra posted:

I sure hope this guy gets back to his wife and kid sometime soon.

Ask the shaman what animal the Turric are most afraid of.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ask the shaman what animal the Turric warriors are most afraid of.
The shaman tells you that the Nakol soldiers are terrified of the "giant rats of Nakol", which you find somewhat hard to believe.

:bahgawd: Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dress everyone in town with rat costumes

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

cant cook creole bream posted:

Dress everyone in town with rat costumes

dungeonmaster posted:

> You dress everyone in town with rat costumes.
You, the Shaman and another local man all begin donning rat outfits. It's not as easy as you thought.
The soldiers charge into the town en masse, screaming and panicking.

:bahgawd: well, 3 people is "all the people" in a big town, right? :sigh:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Were they already screaming and panicking when they charged into town? Only means one thing...

Hear the screaming and wheezing and hissing of the real vicious Giant Rats of Nakol, as they suddenly pour through the gates and walls, in pursuit of the army, their favorite meal.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Were they already screaming and panicking when they charged into town? Only means one thing...

Hear the screaming and wheezing and hissing of the real vicious Giant Rats of Nakol, as they suddenly pour through the gates and walls, in pursuit of the army, their favorite meal.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You hear the screaming and wheezing and hissing of the real vicious Giant Rats of Nakol, as they suddenly pour through the gates and walls, in pursuit of the army, their favorite meal.
You turn to face the giant rats, and so do the soldiers. They seem terrified.
The townspeople look on with fear, some begin cheering.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Consult with Grigori the dragon and your party on what to do while all the giant rats scurry about biting people.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Consult with Grigori the dragon and your party on what to do while all the giant rats scurry about biting people.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You consult with Grigori the dragon and your party on what to do while all the giant rats scurry about biting people.
You look at Grigori, he looks back at you.
Grigori breathes a large plume of fire at the giant rats. The soldiers scream as they run and flee from the town.

:bahgawd: We...we won! Achievement unlocked: R.O.U.S!

So we have a firebreathing dragon, a few rogues in silly outfits, and a rat costume. maybe we need to get a little better equipped to brave the dangers of the temple.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I don't think we can cram our dragon through the front door of the temple, unfortunately.

Visit the local blacksmith for arms and armor.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Buy ten foot battleaxe

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

I don't think we can cram our dragon through the front door of the temple, unfortunately.

Visit the local blacksmith for arms and armor.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Buy ten foot battleaxe

dungeonmaster posted:

> You visit the local blacksmith for arms and armor. While i'm there, check and see if there are any ten-foot battleaxes for sale.
You arrive at the blacksmith, and he tells you he has no longer has any ten-foot battleaxes, but he can easily make some for you. He begins to do so.

:bahgawd: i'm amazed that the blacksmith didn't kick you out thinking you were pranking him. :black101:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Check your pockets for any money to pay the blacksmith with once he's done.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Check your pockets for any money to pay the blacksmith with once he's done.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You check your pockets for any money to pay the blacksmith with once he's done.
You take out a gold royal. The blacksmith nods, and then begins to hammer out the new parts of the axe. He works at a furious pace. Considering the amount of work he had previously done on similar weapons for the army, you doubt that you'll have this axe for long.
The axe is finished, and he hands it to you.

:bahgawd: Doubt we'll have it for long?? This is axecalibur! :black101:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I think we're good on the weaponry front, long as we got Axecalibur.

Find a potion seller in town. Or an alchemist.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

I think we're good on the weaponry front, long as we got Axecalibur.

Find a potion seller in town. Or an alchemist.

i took a few creative liberties.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You thank the blacksmith for his work, examining the axe. Once satisfied, head out to find the town's alchemist.
You begin to make your way to the local apothecary, not having anything else important to do.
Along the way, you notice the bodies of Nakol soldiers piling up.

:bahgawd: Sure is getting mighty corpse-y in this town. the undertaker is going to have some work to do.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I wonder why the soldiers that fled the town are appearing as corpses in the town.

Give one of the corpses a poke with your ten foot battleaxe.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

I wonder why the soldiers that fled the town are appearing as corpses in the town.

Give one of the corpses a poke with your ten foot battleaxe.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You give one of the corpses a poke with your ten foot battleaxe.
You feel a body, and then you pull out a very dead Nakol soldier. You flash your wrist at the guards and the villagers watching this.
Pow! The dead soldier's neck is snapped.

:bahgawd: JESUS CHRIST COLE TOM!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Ponder your new power of remotely snapping necks by flashing your wrist.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Ponder your new power of remotely snapping necks by flashing your wrist.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ponder your new power of remotely snapping necks by flashing your wrist.
The Nakol soldiers begin to panic and flee. A guard screams to the Shaman, "The 'LIL-TUHN has CRAYNE! RUN!"
The Shaman begins to scream in pain.

:bahgawd: uh-oh. what have we done? :negative:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

apologize and explain it was a cultural misunderstanding, you were acting out a difficult to explain idiom and recognize now that it must appear to have been in incredibly poor taste

and then ask the shaman if he knows any legends about this hidden temple

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
(Gotta love that blacksmith. "You want an axe twice your size?!? Well I'm fresh out but please wait here, while I'll quickly prepare another one. ")

Look at your hands in confusion and try to explain what just happened.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 7, 2021

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

after everyone calms down, secretly buy a nice gift for Grigori the dragon

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Let's experiment trying to parse all of that into one long series of actions at once.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You apologize profusely, explaining to everyone that it was a cultural misunderstanding. Explain that you were acting out a different idiom, and that it must appear to be in incredibly poor taste. once everyone has calmed down, ask the shaman if he knows and legends about the hidden temple. After that, secretly buy a nice gift for Grigori and give it to him.
The villagers seem to accept this, and many thank you. You especially are thanked a lot, and feel very positive about the outcome. You head to the leatherworker's shop, and find a rather nice leather collar for Grigori. You go to pay, but the leatherworker insists that you take it, as thanks for saving the village. You thank him profusely, and present Grigori with the finely tooled collar. he seems pleased.The shaman knows that the temple is several thousand years old, but is still guarded by mysterious people who never come to Sancre Tor. He also knows that there are many traps, and the few villagers who dared to approach it never returned.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
That sounds ominous.

Ask your party of rogues if they think they can disarm all the traps in the temple.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

also suggest to the rogues that they outfit themselves at the blacksmith on their own dime, we already got them shirts and this aint no gravy train

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
>lie: "I will pay you back after the adventure"
>Admire your battleaxe.

Gotta say, I am impressed how stable this game seems to be nowadays, when I first heard if it, it was a broken mess, where no action would do anything you'd expect. I guess that's the cool thing about AI content, which actually learns and gets better.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

it's perfect by no means, i do edit some of the responses to make things a little more sensible (Sometimes, unless it's funny).

dungeonmaster posted:

> You instruct the rogues to purchase whatever equipment they need from the shop in sancre tor, to make sure they have what they need to deal with the traps in the temple.
The shopkeeper immediately complies, and lets you and the rogues take whatever you need. You have enough for all of your needs, except for spikes.

> You admire the ten-foot battleaxe.
You look at your newfound ownership of a ten-foot battleaxe.
It is of the finest craftsdwarfship. It is adorned with elephant leather and menaces with spikes of obsidian. On the handle is a scene of a dwarf and a bear. The dwarf is commanding the bear.

:bahgawd: alright, i seriously got annoyed by the ai when trying to look at the axe. BY NO MEANS PERFECT. but that's what the power of editing the story myself is for! :science:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Our lack of spikes will not deter us, after coming so far.

Gather up your party and Grigori, and start out on the journey to the temple.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

You begin to walk towards the temple.
As you and your group of five approach the temple, you notice that it is guarded by two large statues.
The statues are of an enormous bear and a formidable dwarf.

:bahgawd: The prophecy!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Climb on top of the statue of a bear

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Try to rotate the two statues to face each other with the help of your crew.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You climb on top of the statue of a bear.
You walk up to the statue of a bear and stand on top of it.
As you do so, the bear begins to shake and you realize that it is going to come crashing down.

:bahgawd: Nathan drake, we are not.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
More dangerous jumping and leaping will fix this.

Jump across to the statue of the dwarf.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You jump across to the statue of the dwarf.
You jump and make it to the statue of the dwarf.
The statue comes down, but you are unscathed and quite pleased. You realize that you could crush your enemies with this mighty statue.

:bahgawd: uh...what? How? Pick it up and throw it at them? Sometimes i wonder about you game.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
We already got a ten foot battleaxe, we don't need a statue club.

Poke the dwarf statue just in case, before continuing on.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You poke the dwarf statue just in case, before continuing on.
The statue comes down, and you just barely manage to get out of the way. It smacks into the ground with a mighty crash, destroying a nearby stone pillar.
You hear shouting in the distance.

:bahgawd: this is why we can't have nice things :negative:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

have a rogue sneak forward to investigate the shouting

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You have a rogue sneak forward to investigate the shouting.
You have the rogue sneak ahead, and you and your group move beside the statue you just destroyed.
You hear a shout.
"This way! Protect the prisoner!"
You and your group move quickly to meet the group of five soldiers and their prisoner, about a half hour away by foot.

:bahgawd: how the hell did we hear them shouting, from a distance that required half an hour of travel? are they running around with a megaphone shouting?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Time and space are twisted in this temple

Ask the soldiers what the prisoner did

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ask the soldiers what the prisoner did.
The soldiers are reluctant to tell you, but one eventually does.
"This guy murdered a noble and was about to kill the regent. It seems he thought the world was about to end and wanted to be ready for it."

:bahgawd: Prophecy of doom? Check. Bets on the reason this guy thinks the world is going to end being in the temple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Ask the soldiers when the world will end.