Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ask the soldiers when the world will end.
The soldiers tell you, and it turns out that it isn't anytime soon.
"In a few years, I think."

> You ask the prisoner when he thinks the world will end.
"In a few days."
"What makes you think so?"
"I'm a prophet. I predict things."
"Oh, so you're a fake prophet then?"
The prisoner goes quiet.

:bahgawd: oh whew, it's not any time soon...wait, A FEW YEARS ISNT ANYTIME SOON?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Not sure who to believe here.

Ask the prisoner how exactly he learned the world was going to end.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Aishlinn posted:

:bahgawd: oh whew, it's not any time soon...wait, A FEW YEARS ISNT ANYTIME SOON?!

It's better than a few days!

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ask the prisoner how exactly he learned the world was going to end.
The prisoner tells you that he was visited by an angel who told him. The next day the angel came back, and told him that the world would end in a week.

:bahgawd: Oh i see. An angel told you. :angel: did a leprechaun tell you he had a pot of gold hid up his rear end?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Even this hypothetical angel can't keep its apocalyptic timeline straight.

Dismiss the hole-filled claim by the prisoner, bid adieu to the soldiers ad continue on.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You dismiss the hole-filled claim by the prisoner, bid adieu to the soldiers ad continue on.
You and your group of five continue on your journey. As it turns out, the prisoner was lying. You return to the doorstep of the temple.

:bahgawd: Oh, good. well that was pointless. :downs:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Examine the entrance of the temple for any massive holes you could fit Grigori through.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Bribe the sentient temple to let you in.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

AJ_Impy posted:

Bribe the sentient temple to let you in.

Seduce the sentient temple instead

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Seduce the sentient temple instead

specifically, the giant speaking Olmec head in charge of thia hidden temple

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungonmaster posted:

> You search for the rumored giant olmec statue head, and once you find it, attempt to seduce it into letting the group enter through it's mouth, since the front door is too small for grigori to fit through.
You search for the giant head, and you find it. It is twice as big as you thought it would be. The mouth of the temple looks like it could fit through it.
You approach the statue, hoping that it is intelligent enough to understand you.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
>when you try to seduce the statue, you actually fall in love with it.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

when you try to seduce the statue, you actually fall in love with it.
You start to fall in love with the statue. It's a bizarre sort of love. You're not sure you really understand it, but you feel it strongly.
You begin to speak.

:bahgawd: *puts on a barry white record, and lights a few candles*

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Aishlinn posted:

:bahgawd: *puts on a barry white record, and lights a few candles*

Well, why not?

Light a few candles as you dance slowly with the statue, softly singing "You Are The First, The Last, My Everything" in its giant ear.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You light a few candles as you dance slowly with the statue, softly singing "You Are The First, The Last, My Everything" in its giant ear.
You light a few candles and begin to dance slowly next to the statue, softly singing the song in its ear. You continue for quite some time. After you finish dancing, the statue speaks. "I'm sorry to tell you, but i've been dating a doric column from another temple. It's in the northlands. What? She's real, and she's totally in love with me!"

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Well, dang. Thought we had something there.

Ask the statue if it can at least let you and your dragon into the temple.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You ask the statue if it can at least let you and your dragon into the temple.
The statue says it can't, but that you should hug it anyway. It says that it will remember your kind fondly.

:bahgawd: Well, it still likes us as a friend at least :)

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Give the statue a big hug, then continue your search for a dragon-sized entrance into the temple.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You give the statue a big hug, then continue your search for a dragon-sized entrance into the temple.
You hug the statue tightly for a second, then let go and give a laugh. The statue seems to understand your humor.
You give the statue a smile, and you enter the temple through its mouth, where a large grigori waits.
"Ah, the prisoner!" he cries.

:bahgawd: Wait..wait..What? :psyduck:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Pinch yourself to check if you're in a dream. Hard.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Look to our pet Dragon, then back to the other Grigori

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You pinch yourself hard, to make sure i'm not dreaming, then look at the large grigori, then back to your own pet dragon grigori.
You pinch yourself, hard. You feel your teeth, then touch your fingers to your gums. You realize you're real. The large grigori gives you a smile, showing off a row of vicious fangs.

:bahgawd: It just got weird, didn't it? :gonk:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
It's Grigori's evil twin, surely. Which means...

Look inside for your evil twin and prepare for battle.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You look inside the temple for your evil twin and prepare to do battle.
You enter the temple, prepared to do battle. Your large grigori guide waits for you, and together, you pass through a few hallways filled with rubble and fallen statues.

:bahgawd: Maybe there aren't two grigoris. maybe our grigori is just large now, he's growing up so fast. :confuoot:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
This is weird, but dragon growth spurts are probably ultimately normal.

Proceed further into the temple, to find out the hidden truths and treasures hidden within.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You proceed further into the temple, to find out the hidden truths and treasures hidden within.
You continue on, and pass through another hallway. You see a broken golden statue on the floor, half-covered in rubble. You carefully move it to reveal a hidden door in the wall.

:bahgawd: Gold! Gold! Gold! but nah lets just check for secret doors instead of hauling the golden statue out of the temple.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Check out what's behind the secret door, why not?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You open the secret door and check what's inside it.
You open the door, revealing yet another hallway. You continue on, and after a few minutes of searching, you find a secret door in the wall once again. This one leads into a well-stocked library.

:bahgawd: Oh boy. nerd time!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Search the place of the books for any expensive-looking or magical tomes to take with you.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

find the inevitable fake book that opens a secret door, and pull it

Critic of the Dawn
Jun 5, 2011

Critic of the Dawn used Whine at the GM.
You gain a level!
Check to see if the library has a copy of 30 Days In The Samarkand Desert With The Duchess of Kent by A. E. J. Elliot, OBE

Critic of the Dawn fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 10, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Count all the pages of those books

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Start readng a book on anti-gravity

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

also look for a medallion to keep us safe from the temple guards

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You search through the library for any magical books. While i'm there, check and see if there's a copy of "30 Days In The Samarkand Desert With The Duchess of Kent" by A. E. J. Elliot, OBE.
You look through the library. You find a lot of dusty old books, but see nothing that looks like the book you're looking for.

> You check for any books on Levitation.
You flip through a few books, and after a few minutes, find a very basic book on the subject, with instructions on how to perform the spells to achieve it.
You put the book in your backpack for later.

> You look through the library to see if there are any large gold medallions hanging on a peg.

You look through the library again, and find an impressive gold Medallion hanging on a peg.
You reach up, grab it, and pull it down, holding it in your hand.

:bahgawd: Darn, i was really hoping for that monty python reference Riveting story to be in the library.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Put the medallion on, then leave the library

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Put the medallion on, then leave the library

:sun: the medallion is cursed and sentient.

Played this game myself for a while. It really has a lot of possibilities, but sometimes the AI is a bit random and likes to destroy stories if you give it free reign. "You do that and go back home to sleep. The next day a man appears."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 10, 2021

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You put the medallion on, then leave the library.
You put the medallion on, and decide to leave the library. You don't want to stay in here for too long.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Spelunk further into the temple, after giving Grigori a pat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

find the shrine of the silver monkey while spelunking