Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Spelunk further into the temple, after giving Grigori a pat.

:goonsay: Spelunking is only used for caving. :science: That..does make me wonder if you could convince the ai to run you through colossal cave.. that would be something. Anyway!

dungeonmaster posted:

> You pat grigori and head further into the temple, looking for the shrine of the silver monkey.
You walk on, and quickly pass through a row of gold statues standing at attention. They look like soldiers, but they're all staring forward with focused eyes, like they're expecting something to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

present the golden medallion to the statues!

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Inform the statues that you are General Tuna Can Tom. The prophesized time has come, and they are to begin the conquest.

Also show the medallion first, I guess. I'm tempted to ask how flexible the narrative can be, but it seems like more fun to find out by trying to break it.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You hold up the golden medallion and announce to the statues that you are "General Tuna Can Tom" and that the prophesized time has come!
You hold the medallion up to the statues, which turn to stare at you with a new found focus.
"Brothers! The time of our salvation is at hand! The Golden Age is finally upon us!"

:bahgawd: The narrative can be as zany as you want it to be. i can always hammer it into doing what i want, or letting it go buck wild. sometimes the ai is dumb, and i have to get it back on track, but i tend to sweep that under the rug unless it's dumb in a hilarious enough way to share.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Turn to your friend Grigori the dragon, and ask him if he will help usher in The Golden Age with your fellows.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You turn to your friend Grigori the dragon, and ask him if he will help usher in The Golden Age with your fellows.
Grigori looks at you, nodding in approval. You hold up the medallion, and the dragon slowly nods again.

:bahgawd: THE PROPHECY!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Find more of the golden statues in the temple to rouse them from their slumber and add to your army.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You find more of the golden statues in the temple to rouse them from their slumber and add to your army.
You begin to systematically go through the hallways, looking relentlessly for more statues. After about an hour of searching, you find more than a few more, all the while searching for the hidden rooms that often house extra statues.

:bahgawd: Onward, my mighty army! :black101: we will stop...or cause the end of the world! i haven't quite decided yet!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Assemble your army of living golden statues and Grigori, and lead them out of the temple to the outside world.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You assemble your army of living golden statues and Grigori, and lead them out of the temple to the outside world.
You look out from the temple entrance and see the rays of the sun reflecting off your army of statues. You get chills of pleasure just by looking at the sight.
You are the Last hope of the world.

:bahgawd: Shiny!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Turn back to your companions/army and give them a rousing speech about bringing about the Golden Age to the world, and molding it into your vision.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Suffer from imposter syndrome.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You turn back to your companions/army and give them a rousing speech about bringing about the Golden Age to the world, and molding it into your vision.
You get the attention of your army and begin to speak to them. You talk about purity, freedom, power, the glory of the state, and they all live forever in the knowledge that they served their glorious leader with all their soul.

> You ponder if you're suffering from impostor syndrome.
You pat yourself on the back for coming up with such an original name, as you begin to wonder if this is all just an elaborate set up.

:bahgawd: good lord ai, too soon!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Lead your golden army back to the town of Sancre Tor, it's the closest place to start with.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:yikes:, ai!

lead your mighty army in acts of community service, for the betterment of all

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You lead your golden army back to the town of Sancre Tor, it's the closest place to start with. Once in Sancre tor, have the golden army perform acts of community service, for the betterment of all.
You begin to make your way back to Sancre Tor. You can't wait to see the surprise on the faces of the peasants when they see their army of living statues performing day to day activities.

:bahgawd: We're ready to clean up this town :rimshot:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Witness a pigeon poo poo on a statue's head and realize that pigeons are the greatest threat to your shiny golden army of statues

then ask the grateful villagers where you can find the King of Pigeons to defeat this existential threat to your rule.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

:bahgawd: i had to reroll this response a few times, i think the ai is confused. this was the funniest one so far..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You witness a pigeon poo poo on a statue's head and realize that pigeons are the greatest threat to your shiny golden army of statues

then ask the grateful villagers where you can find the King of Pigeons to defeat this existential threat to your rule.
You quickly begin to attract a bit of attention: pigeons poo poo on statue's heads, but that's nothing compared to what you do.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Shout to the skies and call out the King of Pigeons to engage in mortal combat with you.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You shout to the skies and call out the King of Pigeons to engage in mortal combat with you.
You raise your arms to the sky and begin to call out to the King of Pigeons, and lo and behold, a giant King of Pigeon appears from the sky.

:psyduck:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Heft your trusty ten-foot battleaxe into the air and thrust it at the King of Pigeons, sharp end first.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You heft your trusty ten-foot battleaxe into the air and thrust it at the King of Pigeons, sharp end first.
You heft your battleaxe into the sky and thrust it downward at the bizarre creature. It only manages a mere raising of its head before it's head is cleaved in twain from the force of your swing.

:bahgawd: Well that was anticlimactic. :negative: oh well. There's no foe we can't beat with ten feet of battleaxe at our side :black101:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Declare the war against pigeonkind over, and carefully clean off any golden statues that got dirtied.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Conquer the sky.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You declare the war against pigeonkind over, and carefully clean off any golden statues that got dirtied. Ponder how you can conquer the sky.
You quickly clean your axe of any bird droppings and begin plotting your next move. The pigeons had to be defeated, but it was the first step to a much larger war.

:psyduck: Why do you hate me so?

:bahgawd: HEY! who let you in here?

:psyduck: It's me, the ghost of the king of pigeons. You killed me, now i'm haunting you. deal with it.

:bahgawd: ...

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Explain to your friend Grigori the dragon how conquering the skies will help your army bring about the Golden Age, and ask if he has any ideas for how to accomplish it.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You explain to your friend Grigori the dragon how conquering the skies will help your army bring about the Golden Age, and ask if he has any ideas for how to accomplish it.

The dragon, who had been preoccupied with the rest of his minions, pays attention to your words. He debates with you whether conquering the skies is truly a feasible endeavor.

After some thought, he comes up with a plan.
He says that he can create a huge number of dragonlings. But, the problem with creating an army of small dragons is that most of them won't live very long.

:bahgawd: It just got weird...er.

:psyduck: Wait, i want to see how exactly he's going to do that. Especially since he's a boy dragon.

:bahgawd: Don't you start!

:psyduck: But..

:bahgawd: NO.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Well, where the heck do we find a female dragon lying around for Grigori?

Put up a sign advertising a co-dragon overlord position for any prospective flying lizards that see it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Render the dragonlings immortal that our reign over the skies may be eternal.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Open a Dragon Dating service.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Search the archives for the secret to Dragon Immortality

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You open up a "Dragon Dating Service", to help find a co-dragon-overlord for grigori, so you can raise an army of dragonlings.

You open your dating service with great success. You have a lot of business, and you meet a lot of people.

:bahgawd: Wait, people? Not dragons. what the f-

:psyduck: What? What's wrong with that?

:bahgawd: Oh lord not you too.

:psyduck: :pervert:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Check the humans and see if any of them are giant dragons in disguise.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

Of course, some of the humans are giant dragons.
Another day of dating, and you meet a beautiful girl who is a young teen.

:bahgawd: No. No No No. Bad ai, Bad! Try again.

dungeonmaster posted:

> You check the humans and see if any of them are giant dragons in disguise.
You take a quick glance through your potential customers, and you mostly rule out the possibility of them being giant dragons. Still, a few of them seem a little strange...

:bahgawd: Better.

:psyduck: I liked the first one better.

:bahgawd: Good thing you're not the one in control of the story. Don't make me lock you in the closet.

:psyduck: We have a closet?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Walk over to the strange looking humans and secretly ask if any of them are dragons in disguise.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Take off our own disguise.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You walk over to the strange looking humans and secretly ask if any of them are dragons in disguise.
To your surprise, several of them raise their hands. You approach the nearest one and ask them if they're a dragon in disguise. They look at you with confusion, before replying "No."

> You take off your own disguise.

You quickly take your disguise off, revealing the guise that dragons have of humas. You assess their reaction.
Most of the humans are in awe, and mistake you for being on drugs.

:bahgawd: So you're saying you're a dragon in disguise. In this part of town, in this part of the country, standing right in front of me??

:downs: Yes.

:bahgawd: May i see it?

:downs: No.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Offer them health benefits and dental if they agree to take off their disguises and join your golden army.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Why would they think we're on drugs?

Ask mother for Pepsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dungeonmaster posted:

> You offer them health benefits and dental if they agree to take off their disguises and join your golden army.

They agree, and take off their disguises.
Giggling, you lead them back to grigoi's lair with a massive smile on your face.

:bahgawd: I think we're rapidly getting off the rails. poo poo's getting weird, yo. time to inject a little plot into the wackiness.

dungeonmaster posted:

They agree, and take off their disguises.
Giggling, you lead them back to grigoi's lair with a massive smile on your face. On the way back to Grigori's lair, the army of golden soldiers start to slow down. they finally all grind to a halt in the middle of some thick woods. each soldier drops to it's knees, and a slot opens up in it's chest, and a fine golden dust pours from the open cavity. You surmise that the golden soldiers run on gold bars to power them, and they're currently out of juice. Maybe having them all do odd jobs in sancre tor took it's toll on them. one of the dragons-in-disguise taps you on the shoulder, and says "I hear tell of a mysterious mansion secluded in the countryside. rumor has it, that the old owner hid his fortune in gold bars inside the mansion."

:bahgawd: That's better!

:psyduck: Aww man, i wanted to see what freaky poo poo the dragon dating service caused.

:bahgawd: :hmmyes: Well we could...

:psyduck: Really?

:bahgawd: No, don't be stupid.