Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: You Are Cordially Invited

With no promotions running a bunch of wrestlers from the BritWres scene including a few familiar faces come together to create a cinematic match full of action, violence, surprises and wacky hijinks to create something quite weird yet wonderful. It's only 25 mins long and definitely worth your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_m1TAgds9A

Nth. This was really great, and criminally underviewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW PPV Show 2 ~Starting Point~January 30th
HM

Maki Itoh vs Moka Miyamoto
Miyu Yamashita and Mirai Maiumi vs Rika Tatsumi and Suzume

A fun mat show, a bunch of performances at the beginning and Miyu pulled double duty. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours

I'll nth these, watched this the other day and enjoyed Moka for the first time, and thought the main event definitely stepped things up a notch.

Also might be giving Maki some extra credit for performing the entirety of Brooklyn The Hole....

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

wmotyc: Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton, WWE Fastlane 3/21/21

Nth. Ugh.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

TJPW Still Incomplete 4/17

HM: Miyu Yamashita vs. Hikari Noa
HM: NEO Biishiki-gun vs. The Bakuretsu Sisters
HM: Rika Tatsumi vs. Maki Itoh

Nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
ChocoPro #110: PENCIL ARMY VS. ACES OF CHOCOPRO

Everything good about Chocopro in one match. A spot fest that told multiple great stories in one 45 minute match. Chris Brookes accepting the Pencil Army. Lulu getting close to her first pin ever. Akki vs. Fujita.

If you only watch one Chocopro match make it this one. If you don't like it, then ChocoPro just isn't for you and never will be.

Nth. And a great promo after to boot!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

All from Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021 (5/4)

Motyc: Rika Tatsumi vs Miyu Yamashita
Motyc: Hikari Noa vs Kamiyu
Hm: neo bishiki gun vs BeeStar
Hm: Yuka Sakazaki vs Shoko Nakajima vs Mizuki

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Max Bump May 4th
HM
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Yuji Hino) vs Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) and Yuki Iino
- Some good old fashioned multi man madness to welcome Takeshita back to the promotion after his vacation to Florida
Saki Akai (c) vs Chris Brookes (c) - DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title and DDT Extreme Title
- Bombs and sweet submission in service of becoming a double champion
Yuki Ueno (c) vs Soma Takao - DDT Universal Title
- Most of the match was good-not-great, but really got me hooked after the moonsault off the entryway which led to a real tense finishing sequence.

Fun show on the whole, excepting perhaps the opener (but that depends on your feelings on Dieno and Antonio Honda)

Nth

Good show

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Ultimate Tag League May 9th
MOTYC
Yukio Sakaguchi vs Yusuke Okada
- Holy gently caress, this came out of nowhere. Brutality at it's finest as Okada attempts to survive against a killer, short and sweet
37KAMIINA (MAO and Yuki Ueno) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura)
- Yoshimura's first match back after a six month injury, and he immediately made up for lost time by beating the hell out of his former tag partner Ueno. As good as Nautilus were as a tag team, they're just as good facing off against each other. Add in MAO and HARASHIMA to the mix and you've got a phenominal match.
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Yuji Hino)
- Yuji Hino is such a fuckin hoss, he's absolutely perfect as a man mountain for people to (try to) chop down to size. All four of these guys rule, it's like the Sauna boys didn't want to be upstaged by their compatriots in the earlier match by going balls to the wall. A little bit of interference by Damnation, but not nearly enough for me to dock points from this spectacle.

HM
Team Thoroughbred (Sanshiro Takagi and Yukio Naya) vs DisasterBox (Kazuki Hirata and Toru Owashi) vs Akito and Keigo Nakamura vs Danshoku Dieno and Super Sasadango Machine
- Reverse Battle Royale, but not the TNA kind. All 8 guys are at ringside, and if you get tossed into the ring (and maybe into the bleachers as well? Wasn't super clear on that) your team is eliminated. Absolute insanity from start to finish.

Holy poo poo, what an awesome show. Great way to kick off Tag League, make time to watch if you've got a Universe subscription

Nth, excellent show. Clear highlight was the main event but this was a lot of fun.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 5/18

HM: Fuego Del Sol vs. Lee Johnson

I'll nth this one

Also

TJPW ~The Bullet~

HM Endo Arisu vs Yuka Sakazaki

Maybe I'm just a just a huge Endo mark, but this match had a lot of cool moments for a rookie, and Yuka took it very seriously.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (c) vs. Las Fresas de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night (5/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g7Fhp5NA88

SEAdLINNNG's tag division has been on fire for a while and this match continued that hot streak. Wrestling is always at its best and most simple when you have people going at each other who look like they hate each other and whenever Asuka and Arisa Nakajima are going at it there is no shortage of venom to draw you into the match. Special shoutout to Makoto, who going into this match I expected to just be there to make up the numbers in the ring with three of the best but ended up being perhaps the MVP of this match.

After the match Ryo Mizunami returned to SEAdLINNNG to challenge Asuka for her singles championship so watch this space for another MOTYC nomination from me.

Nth. Asuka rules, as does everybody else on this match

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Additional Attack June 17th
MOTYC
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs 121000000 (Mitu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) - Princess Tag Championship
- loving love these two teams, has a bunch of funny spots and a bunch of brutal strikes. Don't think it was as good as their match from february but still a real good time.

HM
Yuki Arai vs Mirai Maiumi
- Arai looked real good for her first ever singles match
Hikari Noa (c) vs Marika Kobashi - International Princess Championship
- The most i've enjoyed a Kobashi match, she looked really good in this. Noa is really growing into the champion role as well

Nth, but I'll add
HM: Shoko Nakajima v Kaya Toribami
-Toribami is much more raw than Arai is, but Shoko pulled a good match out of her despite some double-checked spots. Toribami has some cool stuff in her arsenal already!

A good way to start the morning. Great to see both debutants putting on solid events.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Just watched the show, and although the card was pretty solid, nothing touched

Stardom Dream Cinderella 6/12
MOTYC:Utami Hayashishita v Syuri

What a war. Absolute brutality, guts, and compressed vertebrae.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Crapple! posted:

Did I miscount or are Utami/Syuri and OC/Bononi both at 5 MOTYC nominations?

To be fair on this, waaaaay more people here watch AEW here (and the Stardom match took a few days to get nommed at all, and deserves more nods from the show honestly), but they're nominated for completely different reasons.

I would MOTYC the DDT match where Dieno powered an arena with his electric rear end so Hirata can TOKYO GO, but that looks weird next to a 5.5* match nom as well.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think Crapple's questioning why Jerusalem has them both at 6 rather than making a comparison between the two

:cripes: that's what I get for assuming...

In other notes..

SG Bamboo posted:

King of DDT Round 2
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Mao
- These two guys beat the holy hell out of each other but didn't let it get in the way of their character work. I loved Ueno and Shunma staying in the neutral corner because they were supporting both guys. I loved the easy dodges because they were teammates and well versed on each others little tricks. I loved Takeshita's loving enormous Blue Thunder Bomb, followed shortly by Mao's shooting star knee drop. I loved the abrupt change of tactics for the finish. Goddamn 37KAMIINA rule, i love these Sauna Boys

HARASHIMA vs Yuji Hino
- Hino could just stand in the middle of the ring and chop the poo poo out of people that try to move him and i'd love it, but this match went far beyond that with HARASHIMA and Hino beating seven shades off poo poo out of each other. Bit so hard on some of those nearfalls, loved the strike exchanges, and loved the winner. So hyped for the finals in a couple of weeks.

HM
Damnation (Soma Takao and Nobuhiro Shimatani) vs 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Ueno) vs Akito and Naomi Yoshimura
- Absolute madness of a tornado tag match to cleanse the palatte from the absurdist comedy of the first two matches

Tetsuya Endo vs Kazusada Higuchi
- Endo flew around and made Higuchi look like an absolute monster. It was a bit odd having the leader of Damnation playing the underdog face, but it was a great match nontheless because both guys rule

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Spring Tour ~ The Bullet ~ June 19th
MOTYC
Miu Watanabe vs Pom Harajuku vs Hyper Misao
- The way they played with the triple threat stipulation was hilarious, and MIU IS SO STRONG. Not the most actual wrestling you'll see, but the entertainment value was through the roof. Seek it out

HM
Maki Itoh vs Mahiro Kiryu
- The best singles match I remember Kiryu having, and probably her best performance since Max Heart

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Moka Miyamoto and Raku
- This was incredible, Mei is an absolute treasure, just have her run about for 10 minutes and everyhitng will be fine. Also Raku's shtick was great, and Moka showed fire

Miyu Yamashita and Yuka Sakazaki vs Nodoka Tenma and Shoko Nakajima
- Some of Shoko's offence was very sloppy, but I was very much entertained by Yuka being pure evil against poor Tenma in the leadup to the hot tag. Miyu also took some time out of her busy schedule being the absolute coolest to heel it up as well, plus she deadlifted Tenma like it was nothing which looked super impressive.

Nth on these

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata & DASH Chisako vs. Mio Momono, Rin Kadokura & Mei Hoshizuki in an elimination match for the AAAW Singles Championship, AAAW Tag Team Championship, Sendai Girls World Championship and Sendai Girls Tag Team Championship - GAEA Japan GAEAISM Decade of a Quarter Century (6/13)

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1404446405071151115?s=19

This is my match of the year so far. The build up has been great between the two promotions involved. The crowd was about as good as I've been in for a clap crowd. Everything once it came down to the final two was fantastic.

Nth, this match owned bones

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Stand Proud June 26th
MOTYC
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Sakisama - Princess of Princess Championship
These are two of the best in the promotion, they both know their characters inside and out, and they both utilise heavily kick based offence which I love. Add in their respective partners in the corners yelling their hearts out and the whole thing was awesome

HM
Arisu Endo vs Rika Tatsumi vs Kamiyu
- Bunch of entertaining tomfoolery inherent in the triple threat format. I still believe in Endo, she's going to get that big win any day now

Moka Miyamoto and Shoko Nakajima vs Yuki Arai and Miu Watanabe
- Arai continues to improve, Miu remains strong, Shoko remains BIG, and Moka has the Eye of the goddamn Tiger

Nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Shiro no Yu Presents Shiro no Yu Street Wrestling
MOTYC

Shinya Aoki (c) vs Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata vs Yukio Naya - Ironman Heavymetalweight Title
- Just hook this poo poo into my veins. Much as I love grapplefucking and hard strikes and brutal cagematches and engaging stories (the pain from Tana/Jay is still real :(), I also love four idiots rampaging through a sauna/onsen whilst fighting for a title. Very little psychology here as the boys meandered from spot to spot, but I was absolutely delighted by the insanity. I loved the four way 10 count spot where they were all sitting in chairs just exhausted. I loved bodies being thrown into pools already occupied by naked men getting their soak on. I loved Shunma hitting the Superfly splash into a pool, and then going for the cover...while Chris Brookes was still floating in the water with his shoulder nowhere near any hard surface. I loved that by the end everyone was just exhausted and waterlogged. But above all that, I love that the champion going into this was MMA legend Shinya Aoki who took a break from training for his 58th career fight to dick about at a hot spring with the boys for half an hour, simply because he loves doing silly poo poo like this.

DDT has some of the best wrestling on the planet, but those same guys do some of the most absurd poo poo and I love them for it

Nth. This didn't stand up to some of the absurdity of the larger Rojo events, but was a beautiful sampler. Also, wrestling moves near hard 90 degree corners on wet tile is something to behold.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 6/26

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs Powerhouse Hobbs
HM: Matt Sydal vs Dante Martin
MOTYC: Jungle Boy vs Kenny Omega, AEW Championship

Nnnnnnth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

TJPW Inspiration 7/1

HM: Suzume vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Suzume's best singles match in TJPW.

MOTYC: Miyu Yamashita vs. Maiumi Mirai, UWF rules match

Some great grappling and counters and some loving awesome strikes.

:yeah:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MOTYC: ChocoPro #133: Tropikawaild (Yunamon & SAKI) VS WASSHOI Aniki (Ayumi Hayashi & Ryo Mizunami)

What an awesome match. Amazing lariats, great fire, cool finish.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

SEAdLINNNG ~ Nanae Takahashi 25th Anniversary ☆ ARIGATOU ~ July 11th
MOTYC
Asuka (c) vs Ryo Mizunami
- This was exhausting to watch, it only ran a bit under 20 minutes but it felt like such a physical struggle between the two. It continues to boggle the mind that Asuka is this good this young

Nanae Takahashi vs Arisa Nakajima
- Arisa Nakajima is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world. Nanae Takahashi is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world. These two are former tag team champions and know each other inside and out. They beat the absolute hell out of each other. Riveting from beginning to end

Nth, gently caress YEAH, these matches slapped!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Mio Momono for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle (7/11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV0Qm660RGY

This match is my match of the year as things stand. It follows on from the GAEAISM main event on 6/13 which was my match of the year when it happened. A lot of wrestlers will ignore the size differential between themselves and their opponents in order to get all their cool poo poo in making the match look like something out a video game which can be cool, but in this match these two really played up that Chihiro dwarfs Mio and it made Chihiro look a beast and Mio look incredible for dealing with her onslaught.

There were some truly sick bumps from Chihiro's Germans and an amazing armbar spot from Mio. Chihiro is a monster, Mio is a genius. If I gave star ratings, I'd give 5.

Nth, I can't believe the three matches you uploaded today could all stand at MOTYC, but fuuuuuuck was that rad (and there were like three cool armbar spots, so I'll assume you meant the last one). What a great day of joshi!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 3 July 24th
HM
Arisu Endo vs Nao Kakuta vs Hyper Misao
- Hyper Misao makes everything better, this was hilarious

Nodoka Tenma, Moka Miyamoto and Shoko Nakajima vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) and Yuki Arai
- This was absolutely magic, Nodoka Tenma is as good a comedy wrestler as anyone on the planet in addition to being real strong. She was only a small part of this though, DayDream Idol brought the combo tech and Moka broght that killer instinct. Just incredible fun all around with an unexpectantly tense ending after the lightheartedness that preceeded it

Mirai Maiumi vs Mizuki
- Turns out house show Mirai still has some fight in her, and Mizuki is no less tricksy just because her partner in crime is on the other side of the world

Also, I'll add

HM: Miyu Yamashita v Kamiyu

Beat the poo poo out of each other, why don't you

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/11
MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Young Bucks vs Dante Martin & Sydal Bros
HM: Darby Allin vs Daniel Garcia
HM: Orange Cassidy, Wheeler Yuta & Chuck Taylor vs Matt Hardy & Private Party
HM: Nyla Rose vs Kris Statlander

Nth. Dante is wrestling's future.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Peter Pan August 21st
MOTYC
Atsushi Onita, Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, and Maki Itoh vs Kuro-chan, Super Sasadango Machine, Tetsuhiro Kuroda and Hikari Noa - Current Blast Deathmatch
- I wanted to see Itoh and Hikari in explosions, I saw Itoh and Hikari in explosions. Only thing better if it were later on the show, since it's an outdoor show it would have looked so cool at dusk

Toru Owashi vs Antonio Honda and Kazuki Hirata vs Danshoku Dieno And also Matsui vs Kiso and also a 6-man tag - Double Ring Double Singles Match
- Simulataneous matches, simulataneous entrances, simulataneous music. GM Imabayashi is having none of anyone's poo poo today, going so far as to don the shirt himself when the refs wouldn't stop loving around. This was pure magic the kind only DDT can provide

Chris Brookes and Jun Kasai vs 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and MAO) - Hardcore Match
- Deathmatch legend Jun Kasai pays a visit to Super Hardcore Shunma, it goes about as well as you'd expect. These loving lunatics made such a goddamn mess of the ring with their bullshit

DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao, and Yuji Hino) (c) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, and Saki Akai) - KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship
- Saki Akai absolutely rules, and Yuji Hino is such a loving midgame boss. That beefy fucker does so much by doing so little

Yuki Ueno (c) vs Daisuke Sasaki - DDT Universal Championship
- Ueno is a loving lunatic, and Mad Paulie might in fact be too mad

Jun Akiyama (c) vs Konosuke Takeshita KO-D Openweight Championship
- Uncle Jun remains one of the best old men in wrestling, and Takeshita is an absolute star. What a way to end the show, this was a war

HM
HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura, Yusuke Okada, Reimu Imai, and El Unicorn vs Yuji Okabayashi, TAMURA, Yuki Iino, Mizuki Watase, and Illusion
- This match was a ton of fun, both Unicorn and Illusion looked good in their debuts (and considering their ages (13 and 18) that's real impressive). Highlight was the incredibly convoluted suplex spot that has to be seen to be believed but basically the whole match was giffable

This was the greatest show in the history of our sport. gently caress I love DDT

What a loving show, nth.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

ChocoPro 149 Summer Party Show 8/28

HM: Rina Amikura v Mei Suruga - Watermelon Splitting Special Rules Match

MOTYC: Baliyan Akki v Kagura v Masa Takanashi - Summer in India Rules Match

MOTYC: Summer Vacation Battle Royale

Y'all might not like ChocoPro, but this was probably my favorite complete episode of the show. Everybody has lost their loving minds since Emi left and I love it.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Live with your Time September 11th
HM
Nodoka Tenma vs Maki Itoh
- Tenma is one of those wrestlers that is just so effortlessly entertaining, everything she does is great. Match started really lighthearted but by the end was a real slugfest, would heartily recommend

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Nao Kakuta and Haruna Neko
- That thing I said about Tenma also applies to MSM, she's an absolute treasure. Add to that Nao being a solid hand and both Neko and Sakisama working their characters to a tee and you have a ridiculously entertaining match. That tray shot was so loud for something so ineffective I loved it

Miyu Yamashita vs Yuki Aino
- Death by headkick, which followed another real fun slugfest

TJPW is just so fun, even when the wrestling isn't the best i'm still being entertained

Not quite as energetic as rampage, but a fun show, nth.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Who's Gonna TOP? September 26th
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita (c) vs Chris Brookes - KO-D Openweight Championship
- Edge of my seat, leaning forward. The entire goddamn time. Chris Brookes is an incredible wrestler, but Konosuke Takeshita is a phenomenon that comes around only one or twice a generation. Even if you don't care about either of these guys, WATCH THIS MATCH PLEASE

HM
Daisuke “Zeus” Sekimoto, Kazusada “Beelzebub” Higuchi, Yukio “Susanoo-no-Mikoto” Naya and “Apollo” Akito Vs 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno and MAO) and Keigo "Adam"Nakamura
- Gods vs Humanity was everything I hoped it would be.

Jun Akiyama and YOSHIHIKO vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Kazuki Hirata)
- This is what Jun is capable of now he has a partner he can trust to watch his back

fkaDAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Mad Paulie) Vs fkaDAMNATION (Shuji Ishikawa, Soma Takao and Nobuhiro Shimatani (w/ Yuji Hino))
- Last time these dirtbags get to team together under the Damnation banner, and they put on a hell of a show :cry:

Hell yeah, great show. Nth.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: El Hijo del Vikingo & Laredo Kid vs. Fenix & Pentagon Jr., AAA Heroes Immortales, Oct. 9

Best lucha match I've seen this year, definitely worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T02r0sNB1Nc

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th April
AAA On Space
AAA Cruiserweight Title
Laredo Kid vs Arez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_U1ebRwRQ

These matches both loving rule. Nth.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry, this has completely screwed up my record of votes, are these rematches on different days?

Filmed 10/9, aired 10/21

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW All Rise November 25th
MOTYC
Hikari Noa (c) vs Miu Watanabe - International Princess Championship
- Up Up Girls explode and it absolutely slapped, Hikari just keeps getting better and Miu is an absolute titan

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) (c) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) - Princess Tag Championships
- Yuka decided she wanted to kill the MegaChamp and her annoying friend. Miyu and Maki made her work for it

HM
Hyper Misao vs Kamiyu
- In a shocking twist, Misao wasn't prepared for the special rules attached to this match

Nodoka Tenma vs Shoko Nakajima
- It's easy to forget because her comedy is so good but Tenma is also a pretty good wrestler when she needs to be. Shoko is good as always, she's in the higher tier of performers on the roster

Rika Tatsumi vs Yuki Arai
- It's so hard to believe Arai only debuted 6 months ago, she's already so developed, especially for someone who is part-timing due to commitments outside of wrestling

Great show, TJPW is always so fun

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Inspiration December 10th
HM
Pom Harajuku vs Trans-Am Hiroshi
- This was a very funny match

Hikari Noa vs Nao Kakuta - Hardcore Match
- Definitely a step below Noa's hardcore match with Rina, but she bled quite a bit more than I was expecting which raises the match for me

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) vs TropicaWild (Yuna Mizumori and SAKI)
- Probably my favourite Yunamon match, this started off jokey but devolved pretty quickly into a really scrappy encounter which I enjoyed. Even if I did cheer for that fuckin rabbit as the hometown favourite.

The Inspiration shows continue to be fun little things, looking forward to more in the new year

Post Match of Noa/Nao was wholesome as gently caress, nth to all of these

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
DDT Never Mind 2021 In Yoyogi 12/26/2021 (Japan Time)
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Neo Itoh Respect Army (Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh & Minoru Suzuki)

Hard hitting Pancrase vet poo poo mixed with Maki Itoh killing it with comedy

This match ruled, up there with some of my favorite multi-man matches I've ever seen

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Are you seconding this one? :shobon:

Sorry for not being clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) vs. Nanae Takahashi & Hiroyo Matsumoto (c) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG 2021 Final Battle (12/29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWL082tEyQ

SEAdLINNNG tag title matches are the matches I look forward to most in the world and this one did not disappoint me. It did drag a little toward the end and it wasn't as good as the match where Nanae & Hiroyo won the tag titles but it was a suitable end to Nanae's run in SEAdLINNNG, and continue to cement Makoto as a real fantastic wrestler as she once again was the star of the match. Also Asuka has new gear now.

MOTYC: Arisa Nakajima vs. Ryo Mizunami (c) for the Beyond the SEA Singles Championship - SEAdLINNNG 2021 Final Battle (12/29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMibXkdz33k

SEAd have started billing Nakajima as the "Violence Queen" and she absolutely earned that title in this match. One of the most violent matches of the year, and the crowd broke the rules on several occasions to gasp at what they were doing to each other. Easily makes my top 10 MOTY list.

Nth to these, they ruled.

Pretty sure I've made this post before, but thank you GEORGE W BUSHI for exposing this thread to some bomb-rear end wrestling