Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Coming out of my posting hiatus for a bit to nominate:

wmotyc: lacey evans vs charlotte flair raw 2/8/21

Awful, awful match. nothing but botch after botch after botch. On top of that, both women are completely unlikable.

loving hell, how bad was the match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

OC/Cezar making MOTYC really proves AEW gets graded on a curve

We're on the payroll, after all.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Stall_19 posted:

WMOTY: Jamie Hayter vs Red Velvet

This match was really bad. Red Velvet was terrible in this match. As a fan of Jamie Hayter this was a disappointing return match.

Just catching up on it now. If this is meant to re-debut someone as the “muscle” in a stable, then it was booked all wrong. It should’ve been far shorter, and with Hayter obliterating Red Velvet.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pylons posted:

That would've sucked.

Would’ve been better than the match we got.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Velvet getting ragolled all over the place was good, actually

Well, yes. Less Red Velvet offence, more of her getting ragdolled everywhere. Maybe it was just a lack of chemistry or an off-night, but something clearly wasn't working.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Agreed 100% here. I'm riding the high of it being so fresh in my mind, but I think this is the best PPV I've ever seen. Every match delivered (QT and Paul Wight was inoffensive and short) and the great matches were really amazing. That tag title match deserves to be on the short list of best wrestling matches ever, simple as that.

Even the Gargantuan Spectacle vs QT match did what it had to, and didn't overstay its welcome.

It's definitely a contender for "show of the year."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

HM: Evil Uno & Colt Cabana vs Alan 'V' Angels & Preston '10' Vance
HM: Sonny Kiss vs Joey Janela

Yep. Sonny Kiss vs Janela probably wouldn't have looked out of place somewhere on the All Out card. Plus, it was nice to see some actual progression happen in the Dark Order storyline. So yeah, nice change of pace.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

It's proper hosed to me that Kento Miyahara has 0 MOTYC (because only 4 or 5 people on the forums watch All Japan) but AEW has 64 when Kento is a slam dunk top 15 performer in the world right now. Like, it's cool that western fans that don't want to watch puro/lucha finally have a decent company to support, but Jesus

Since you mentioned All Japan and AEW in the same sentence, it would be neat if AJPW guys like Kento, Jake Lee and Suwama make their way through the Forbidden Door soon.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

I saw a gif of it on Twitter, who was the small guy fumbling about with the chair? That got a chuckle out of me

Homicide?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

HM; Aerostar & Samuray Del Ray vs. Cash Dawson & Dax Harwood, Dynamite 11/3

Oh, Samuray Del Sol? I’d almost forgotten he’d been sacked by the WWE. I take it he did a good lucha thing?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

nthing the Dynamite matches. Show ruled. Except Jericho's comments about Paige Vanzant. That was a bit gross, and reminded me of some of his stuff from WWF that really hasn't aged well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MOTY: AEW Full Gear - all of it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I love that Adam Cole's character is an irrationally angry dickhead who picks fights with goofy people for no reason, drags the Bucks into it, and then inevitably gets his comeuppance in multi-man tag matches.

It's great.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Jungle Boy vs Isiah Kassidy
MOTYC: Bear Bronson vs HOOK
MOTYC: Kris Statlander vs Leyla Hirsch
MOTYC: Sammy Guevara vs Cody Rhodes

All from AEW Rampage 25.12. Total A+ show.

MOTYC for the TNT title match, HM for the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Anna Jay & Tay Conti vs. The Bunny & Penelope Ford in a Street Fight - AEW Rampage 12/31

Holy loving poo poo this match was INSANE

Sweet Jesus yes. I don't think the crowd ever stopped roaring. What a loving brawl.