Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Rey Fenix for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite New Year's Smash Night 1 - 1/6

Absolutely loving incredible. Fenix is sensational and Kenny Omega keeps up with him every step of the way. Their in-ring chemistry is out of this world, they work so incredibly well together.

Big nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HM: Serena Deeb vs. Tay Conti: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year's Bash Night 2

Great match. Love some solid mat wrestling and Tay and Anna's dynamic is so much fun.

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year's Bash Night 2

Loved this match. Made Cage look like a drat monster, Sting did something (and I'm sure it'll be brought up again), Darby won't be bullied into losing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Manik (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Rohit Raju for the Impact X-Division Championship
HM: Eddie Edwards vs. Sami Callahan
MOTYC: The Elite vs. Rich Swann, Chris Sabin, and Moose

All from Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill, 1/16

Nth these.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HM: Private Party vs. Chris Sabin & James Storm, IMPACT ON AXS 1/19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Proud N Powerful vs Sammy Hager vs Jericho and MJF, 1/20 Dynamite

Crazy fun match and maybe the best Hager has ever looked in a match. Props to Jericho for getting up for Sammy's finish. Sammy's swanton was incredible. Incredible.

Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

HM: Rey Fenix vs Baron Black, AEW Dark 1/26

this match ruled

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

MOTYC, 1 / 27 AEW Dynamite, Jungle Boy vs Dax

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Satoshi Kojima, NJPW New Beginning 1/30

This was a better GCW match than anything GCW has done tonight

Nth this, jesus christ

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the NEVER Openweight Title - NJPW The New Beginning in Nagoya - 1/30

EXACTLY like that scene in The Jerk where the assassin keeps shooting the cans by mistake, except instead of bullets it is Dragon Screws and instead of cans it is knees, and instead of by mistake it is deliberate, and the assassin is somehow both Tanahashi AND Shingo. Look, it's a great loving match, okay.

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I know I am a constant ball of negativity about AEW but I'm just not sure all of these matches are MOTYC. These nominations are very important so I think I can only go:

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
MOTYC: Britt vs Thunder Rosa
MOTYC: The Bullet Club vs Pac, Fenix and Mox

(From AEW Dynamite on 2/3/TYOOL 2021)

Nth these.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HM: Joey Janela vs. Jack Evans, AEW Dark 2/9

Super fun, indie-rear end match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Joey Janela vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

HM: Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & KENTA vs. Jon Moxley & Lance Archer in a Lights Out match - AEW Dynamite 2/10

Absolutely incredible sprint of a match, pure chaos and just fantastic.

:yeah:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL, NJPW New Beginning 2/11

Literally a complete waste of time

Yeah, what the gently caress

Does the tag this sprang from count as a separate match because that's a WMOTY too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Positive Chain February 11th
MOTYC

Rika Tatsumi vs Miu Watanabe
Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh vs Neo Biishiki-gun (Saki-sama and Mei Saint-Michel AKA the loving FRENCH :argh:)

HM
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki) vs Arisu Endo and Suzume
Mirai Maiumi vs Yuki Kamifuku
Bakuretsu Sisters(Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Hyper Misao and Shin Ultra Shoko

Real good card, TJPW is great

This is about where I'm landing. Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs Keiji Mutoh for the GHC Heavywejght Championship - NOAH Back to the Budokan 2021

Simply the best finishing stretch I've seen. gently caress yes

Nth. I think Mutoh said "gently caress" 23 times during this match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Best Bros vs Emi/Veny is absolutely a MOTYC vote from me. Holy poo poo.

Nth, that was loving wild.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HM: Baliyan Akki vs. Hagane Shinno, ChocoPro #90 2/13

That match was loving cool.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Yunamon/Ryo Mizunami vs Emi Sakura/Mei Suruga, ChocoPro #90 2/13

Aniki rules

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TTBF posted:

HM: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh vs MAO, Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14

Nth. Didn't really get the tribute element since I'm not familiar with Michinoku Pro but still a super fun match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Yuki Ueno (c) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi for the DDT Universal Championship - DDT Kawasaki Strong (2/14)

Excellent grappling match. Ueno is getting so good. Glad to see the build up with the Shinya Aoki MMA training paid off in the story of the match

Nth. Very good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

AEW Women's Tournament - Japanese Side February 15th
HM

Yuka Sakazaki vs Mei Suruga
Veny vs Emi Sakura
Maki Itoh vs Ryo Mizunami
Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

Nothing groundbreaking from any of them but a nice way to introduce the new faces to a wider audience. Four good to great matches

Yeah, I'll agree with this. Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 2/17

MOTYC: Riho vs. Serena Deeb
HM: Santana and Ortiz vs. The Young Bucks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Emi Sakura vs Yuka Sakazaki
Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

AEW Women's World Championship Tournament, 2/22

Turns out Shida knows how to book a tournament and the people she picked are really loving good at wrestling

Yeah, nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

HM: Eddie Kingston vs JD Drake. AEW Dark 23/02/2021

You'll see better matches this year, you'll see more athletic in-ring presentations, but if you think to yourself "I want to see two veteran bruisers just knock gently caress out of each other for five minutes" this is the match for you.

Yeah, nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 2/24

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs. Isaiah Kassidy
MOTYC:Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker
MOTYC: Lance Archer vs. Fenix

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Friendship, Hard Work, Victory in Nagoya February 23rd
MOTYC
Eruption(c) (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita and MAO)
- God drat Eruption are so loving cool. Even before the bell the match started off right, with Saki coming out to support her partners and the whole Sauna Club coming out together (even though Yuki and Shunma had a kickass match of their own less than an hour earlier). This match completely delivered, and I had some real high expectations considering I nominated the setup match to this a MOTYC. Higuchi is a beast and Yukio is a killer, while MAO and Takeshita are two supremely talented young men who matched them every step of the way. Hard hitting and exhausting (including a crazy looking Stungun/V-Trigger to MAO), this has made me real keen for the upcoming Akiyama/Higuchi rematch. loving awesome, this is right up there with the Eruption/Nautilus match that was my MOTY last year.

HM
NEO Itoh Respect Army (Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes) vs Antonia Honda and Saki Akai
- Three great wrestlers (and Antonio Honda who hits all his regular beats) having a fun little match. Maki joined in on Gon's story time, Chris is tsundere for Saki, Honda got stretchered out and left Saki in a handicap situation. This match had it all.
Sauna Club (Yuki Ueno and Shunma Katsumata vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo)
- I'm beginning to have the sneaking suspicion that these four guys are real good. I sometimes forget just how smooth as gently caress Endo is, definitely the best Tetsuya in wrestling

Nth on all these. Goddamn that main event was great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

NTH

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jon Moxley (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning USA 2/26

Really, really good match that was really only lacking a crowd to react to the good poo poo going on in the ring. And the ending with KENTA flipping off Moxley and going,"gently caress YOUUUUU, MOXLEYYYYY!" before being put down was :kiss:

Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament 2/28

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh
MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs. Yuka Sakazaki
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Riho

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament 3/1

HM: Nyla Rose vs. Thunder Rosa

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

HM: Stu Grayson vs. JD Drake, AEW Dark 3/2/21

this was way better than it had any right to be

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 3/3

MOTYC: Shaq & Jade Cargill vs. Cody Rhodes & Red Velvet
HM: FTR & Tully Blanchard vs. Jurassic Express
MOTYC: Nyla Rose vs. Ryo Mizunami, AEW Women's Championship Eliminator Tournament Finals
HM: "Hangman" Adam Page & John Silver vs. Matt Hardy & Mark Quen

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs El Desperado NJPW Anniversary Show 03.03

Our God is not a merciful God.

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Agree but I wish people would stop doing leg work on Ibushi cos he's never going to sell it

That doesn't work for him, brother.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sometimes I rate things based on "this was worked very well but I didn't quite feel it" and sometimes I rate things on "this was sloppy as gently caress but hell yeah"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Shunma Katsumata (c) vs. MAO in a Kids' Room Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Into the Fight (2/28)

This was fantastic. I love these two idiots. All the spots where they had to argue with the referee over whether something counted as something that could be found in a kids' room owned.

Nth. Super fun match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Change the Wind Direction March 6th
MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Kamiyu vs Mizuki vs Haruna Neko
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

Another real good show from TJPW

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 3/9

MOTYC: QT Marshall vs. Fuego del Sol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

N/L Kingiest of the Ringiest 3/13

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. KUSHIDA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU