Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

I can never watch a Maki Itoh match cause then she'll stop my favourite wrestler I've never seen wrestle and will just be a wrestler

Ah, like me and Okato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RealFoxy posted:

MOTYC Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh (TJPW Korakuen 2021 - January 4th)

I've heard a lot of people mentioning that Maki Itoh is their "favorite wrestler they've never seen wrestle before" and if you're in that camp, this is probably the one to watch.

Although pretty story-driven and plays off years of their on/off again feuding, they do a great job catching you up before and during the match. Maki Itoh is a rebellious brat who always bites off more than can chew and sees Yamashita as one of her greatest rivals that she's got to overcome. Itoh tends to proclaim that everyone is her rival that she can't beat and then throws a tantrum if her friends or tag-team partners get more popular than she does, dumping them and challenging them to a fight. Itoh's been trying unsuccessfully since her debut at ever defeating Yamashita

Miyu Yamashita on the other hand bounces between the company's Champion/Ace and working with the rookies to elevate TJPW as a whole. Beating Itoh is a little beneath her as one of the best women in the world right now, but nonetheless she always considers Itoh her friend and constantly tries to show her affection or respect but Itoh constantly pushes her away and gives her the middle finger instead. They have a sort of big sister/little sister vibe, Miyu obviously likes Itoh a lot.

The match itself shows how far Itoh's come as a wrestler since her debut, taking everything Miyu's got while begging for more, with Itoh pulling out some brand new moves and some surprising counters that she's learned from wrestling with and against Miyu for so long.

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1346079663051837444

You can watch the match with English commentary on DDT Universe featuring Chris Brookes for like $8 a month with a free month trial, or you can track down the Japanese audio on Ameba in two parts (Free! No signup required!) Part One and Part Two

Hey now that y'all have gotten the Wrestlekingdom out of your system, watch this match that RealFoxy did a great summary of why it's great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Rey Fenix for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite New Year's Smash Night 1 - 1/6

Absolutely loving incredible. Fenix is sensational and Kenny Omega keeps up with him every step of the way. Their in-ring chemistry is out of this world, they work so incredibly well together.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna watch the Maki Itoh match :getin:

Happy for you

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

ladies and gentlemen, we got her.

I'm super glad Rarity has finally heard the good word of Miyu

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Shinno Hagane - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE #80, 1/11 (local)

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC: Mecha Mummy vs Hyper Misao, Chris Brookes Produce Show 2 Feb 7 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

Chris Brookes Produce Show #2 February 7th
[b]HM

Sauna Club (Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno) vs Chris Brookes and Miyu Yamashita
Baliyan Akki vs Konosuke Takeshita

Real fun show

Nth these too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: Vince McMahon vs. D-Von Dudley, nL Kingiest of the Ringiest (Match #1), 2/7/21

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

2nd, Tsukka went insane in this match, some absolute ludicrous counters from her. Now I feel even worse about not being there.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC: Pop Team Epic vs NEO Biishiki-gun, TJPW Positive chain 2/11
MOTYC: Kamiyu(c) vs Mirai Maiumi, TJPW positive Chain 2/11
MOTYC: Bakuretsu Sisters(c) vs Hyper Misao and Shin-Ultra Shoko HYPER ULTRA JUDGEMENT match TJPW Positive Chain 2/11
MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi(c) vs Miu TJPW Positive Chain 2/11

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Positive Chain February 11th
[b]HM

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki) vs Arisu Endo and Suzume

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kami(fuku) Yu(ki)

I'm lazy and typing it on my phone

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's all thanks to the coolest professional wrestler in the world Miyu Yamashita and the strongest professional wrestler in the world Miu Watanabe.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Yunamon/Ryo Mizunami vs Emi Sakura/Mei Suruga, ChocoPro #90 2/13

Aniki rules

Pylons posted:

HM: Baliyan Akki vs. Hagane Shinno, ChocoPro #90 2/13

That match was loving cool.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

AEW Women's Tournament - Japanese Side February 15th
HM

Yuka Sakazaki vs Mei Suruga
Veny vs Emi Sakura
Maki Itoh vs Ryo Mizunami
Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

Nothing groundbreaking from any of them but a nice way to introduce the new faces to a wider audience. Four good to great matches

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: Riho vs. Serena Deeb - AEW Dynamite 2/17

Putting two 14-15 year vets in the ring together will produce magic. (+1)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Winter ~ Lovers ~ February 20th
Max Heart Tag Tournament Round 1

MOTYC

Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe) vs Cat and Clown (Haruna Neko and Pom Harujuku)
- CAT AND CLOWN

HM
Shoko Nakajima, Hyper Misao, Maki Itoh and Miyu Yamashita vs Suzume, Hikari Noa, Sena Shiori and Mirai Maiumi
- Some good clean chaotic fun to get all the ladies on the card
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Marika Kobashi and Raku
- Mei was the star of the show here but everyone was good, even if it was a foregone conclusion
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) vs Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino)
- MagiRabi rule, Sisters rule

Real good show, tight 90 minutes of wrestling

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
HM: Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar, Kingiest of the Ringiest #3, 2/20

Not as good as D-Von vs Vince, but still very good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Winter ~ Lovers ~ February 21st
Max Heart Tag Tournament Round 2

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) vs BeeStar (Suzume and Mirai Maiumi)
- Super fun, everyone was real good in this, but MSM was the most entertaining part of it for me. She's real good four months past her debut, Sakisama is a great teacher. Not discounting the other side either, Suzume gave one of her best performances this year, and Mirai is a beast as always.
121000000 fka Pop Team Epic (Maki Itoh and Miyu Yamashita) vs Daydream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi
- A couple of cool and tough ladies wearing pink and their less cool partners. A bunch of real good combos and team reversals, Maki and Miyu are developing well as a team and Daydream are great as always.
Nth.

Senerio posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar, Kingiest of the Ringiest #3, 2/20

Not as good as D-Von vs Vince, but still very good.

Also I forgot to add where you can watch this match.

Here it is, in its entirety: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulTemperedBoarKappa-63HQzEd-YL2Tonpp

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

had a little of everything that makes Chocopro so great

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Neodoomium posted:

HM: Yuna Mizumori/Chie Koishikawa vs Emi Sakura/Aja Kong, ChocoPro #92, 2/27

I thought this match was very good, but good on an HM level.

+1

Also +1 to the ddt match. On mobile so multiquoting is a pain.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jordan7hm posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida, Mei Suruga and Rin Kadokura vs. Emi Sakura, Veny and Maki Itoh, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 2/28

Same show:

HM for Yuka v Ryo (but this was reeeeal close for me)
HM for Rosa v Riho

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Change the Wind Direction March 6th
MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Kamiyu vs Mizuki vs Haruna Neko
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

Another real good show from TJPW

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

ChocoPro #93 March 6th
HM
Emi Sakura & Yuna Mizumori vs Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki

Emi Sakura said they'd be stepping up the match quality/work rate on the road to ChocoPro #100 in the wake of the spotlight on Gatoh Move brought by Stardom and AEW, and it's true!

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

HM: Thunder Rosa/Riho vs. Britt Baker/Reba, AEW Revolution, 08/03

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida vs Ryo Mizunami AEW Revolution 08.03

I'm imagining these two sitting backstage, very disappointed at the lack of brutal violence so far and then they just decided to show the boys how it's done.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thank you to everyone who voted the main MOTYC and also WMOTYC, y'all won me my prop bet.

HM Moxley vs Omega Revolution

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Deathlove posted:

MOTYC Mei Suruga/Baliyan Akki v Minoru Fujita/Emi Sakura, ChocoPro 100, 3/27/21

A million miles an hour in eighty square feet.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

27th March
ChocoPro #100 Part 1
HM
Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno (EGG TART) vs CHANGO & PSYCHO

Good comedy match, with some fantastic sequences and spots. Got pretty stiff as well.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

J-Ro posted:

27th March
ChocoPro #100 Part 1
MOTYC
Yuna Mizumori Vs Kaori Yoneyama

Just a full-blown war with some nasty looking stuff. Great match.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Spring Tour '21 ~ The Bullet ~ March 27th
HM

Sakisama (w/ Mei Saint-Michel) vs Moka Miyamoto
- Big match Moka is real, plus Saki+MSM is always a good time
Pom Harajuku and DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Raku and 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh)
- Raku worked great with Miyu/Maki, Clown was great and the ending set up a big match down the track. What more could we ask for

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC Mei Suruga vs Mizuki ChocoPro 100 Day 2

Dang.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

+ MOTYC Baliyan Akki Vs Fujita for the Super Asia Championship

Will +1 that too

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oldskool posted:

MOTYC: D-Von Dudley vs The Undertaker, Kingiest of the Ringiest Finals, Quarterfinal Match

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hikari Noa vs. Rina Yamashita in a Hardcore match - TJPW Inspiration 4/1

This was a hell of a thing, I did not expect a match like this in TJPW.

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Chris Brookes Produce Show 3
HM
Chris Brookes (c) vs Mecha Mummy - DDT Extreme Title
- Some good clean family fun outside of the murder attempts, just didn't reach the heights of Mummy/Misao from the last show
Baliyan Akki vs HARASHIMA
- So it turns out both these guys are pretty good

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Neodoomium posted:

The bloc of us voting up ChocoPro and TJPW matches are doing so because they are loving rad and you should watch ChocoPro and TJPW

Yeah! That said,

TV Zombie posted:

HM: Baliyan Akki vs Chie Koishikawa ChocoPro 4/11/21

This was a straightforward, good technical match and there was one point where they were trading counters and it was mesmerizing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Miyu Yamashita vs. Hikari Noa - TJPW ~STILL INCOMPLETE~ 4/16

This was great, Yamashita is a straight-up badass and Noa going toe-to-toe with her made for a hell of a match.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Bakuretsu Sisters (C) vs. Sakisama/Mei Saint Michel (The loving French!) for the Princess Tag Team Championship - TJPW ~STILL INCOMPLETE~ 4/17

Really good match with some neat spots, but this nomination is mostly for the ending which was so, so well done!

+1

:france: