Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
MOTYC Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh (TJPW Korakuen 2021 - January 4th)

I've heard a lot of people mentioning that Maki Itoh is their "favorite wrestler they've never seen wrestle before" and if you're in that camp, this is probably the one to watch.

Although pretty story-driven and plays off years of their on/off again feuding, they do a great job catching you up before and during the match. Maki Itoh is a rebellious brat who always bites off more than can chew and sees Yamashita as one of her greatest rivals that she's got to overcome. Itoh tends to proclaim that everyone is her rival that she can't beat and then throws a tantrum if her friends or tag-team partners get more popular than she does, dumping them and challenging them to a fight. Itoh's been trying unsuccessfully since her debut at ever defeating Yamashita

Miyu Yamashita on the other hand bounces between the company's Champion/Ace and working with the rookies to elevate TJPW as a whole. Beating Itoh is a little beneath her as one of the best women in the world right now, but nonetheless she always considers Itoh her friend and constantly tries to show her affection or respect but Itoh constantly pushes her away and gives her the middle finger instead. They have a sort of big sister/little sister vibe, Miyu obviously likes Itoh a lot.

The match itself shows how far Itoh's come as a wrestler since her debut, taking everything Miyu's got while begging for more, with Itoh pulling out some brand new moves and some surprising counters that she's learned from wrestling with and against Miyu for so long.

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1346079663051837444

You can watch the match with English commentary on DDT Universe featuring Chris Brookes for like $8 a month with a free month trial, or you can track down the Japanese audio on Ameba in two parts (Free! No signup required!) Part One and Part Two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Motyc: Okada/Ospreay, Ibushi/Naito, ELP/ Hiromu
Hm: Dangerous Tekkers vs GOD, O'khan vs Tanahashi, Kojima vs Kenta
Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 1

Rumors of Okada being washed have been proven false
Okada seems to only take every other year seriously now which is fine with me, because it lets other people be at the top of the card :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

HM
11th January
DDT Isn't It Dramatic 2021
Akito and Shota vs Danshoku Dieno and Sanshiro Takagi

It's a nonsense match on a show in front of 100 people with 1 camera but this match is fantastic DDT nonsense. Let me just quote Dramatic DDT

"Strap yourselves in folks, Match #4 was weird. Shota hadn’t recovered from the Street Fight he wrestled in yesterday and was worried he wouldn’t last in the ring today. Akito assured him their match against Sanshiro Takagi & Danshoku Dieno would only be a test of mental strength and patience. He came up with a match where everyone wore “Super Mouth Cannons” over their faces that made loud honk noises if they breathe too hard. Both teams started with 10 points and would lose a point if the mouth cannon made a noise. This was meant to teach the wrestlers not to over exert themselves."

So imagine a match where every time they make a sound it's like a duck call. It's loving dumb and good.
Seconding, I saw this match when it aired and it was just the perfect weird DDT spectacle

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

HM: Kushida vs Johnny Gargano from NXT Vengeance 2/14

Flashes of both guys being some of the best Jr Heavyweights in the last 5 years, lots of great spots and near-falls. I'd say it's the best NXT match of the year so far, but NXT style still doesn't hold a candle to the competition anymore, both guys could have put on a MOTY in any other company.

You should still seek it out, I still loved the match but almost every other company gives their wrestlers a lot more freedom to have better matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

HM: Toni Storm vs Io Shirai vs Mercades Martinez from NXT: Vengance 2/14

Another great NXT match, Io Shirai knows no fear and Toni Storm should be immediately elevated to Four Horsewoman level.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TJPW Winter ~ Lovers ~ February 21st
Max Heart Tag Tournament Round 2

HM: Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita (Pop Team Epic) vs Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe (DayDream)

Lots of new Maki Itoh fans here, this is a must-see if you're into her. Yamashita and Itoh have such unique offense based on their gimmicks/personality/abilities, and you're watching four of the best girls in the promotion in one match. I cannot stress how innovative Itoh/Yamashita's offense are when they're tagging together

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fujimoto was one of my favorite wrestlers a decade ago and never would I have thought she'd just decide to do nothing but MOTYC's in her late 30's, she's better than she's ever been.

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20/2
Ice Ribbon #1100 RE:BORN 2021
ICE×∞ Title
Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Rina Yamashita

I think this is my match of the year to this point? Certainly right up there with Cobb Takagi & Ibushi White. The only times I wasn't on the edge of my seat I was just about to pushed back to the edge of my seat. Just absolutely loving stellar wrestling.

Whole show is great but the caveat is it's an iPPV & it's still available to buy for the next week here, & yeah, at 3,350 Yen it's not cheap but the whole show really is very good from start to the stellar finish.

Recently found out Tsukasa got her start at the same time as Hikaru Shida, they were both in an idol group (which also featured Miyako Matsumoto you may have seen have an insane match 13 months ago with Chris Brookes in Gake No Fuchi Puroresu) whose members were in a wrestling themed film, Three Count, & as part of it they all trained with Emi Sakura & Matsumoto, Fujimoto & Shida were the 3 to stick it out & they've all made a career out of it. Fujimoto is tremendous.
Third here, and also Nth to

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd January
Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story
ICE×∞ Title
Suzu Suzuki (c) vs Tsukasa Fujimoto
If you're just getting into Joshi because of Stardom, AEW, or TJPW make sure to watch these matches. Fujimoto is on her way to being the best women's wrestler of 2021.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Shunma Katsumata (c) vs. MAO in a Kids' Room Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Into the Fight (2/28)

This was fantastic. I love these two idiots. All the spots where they had to argue with the referee over whether something counted as something that could be found in a kids' room owned.
Nth!

Shunma does the weird adult-child gimmick so much better than Alexa Bliss. Mao justifying a table as being a "slide" because it was propped up against the railing is A+

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet vs. Shaquille O'Neal and Jade Cargill - AEW Dynamite 3/3

Technically it might have been a mess but they booked and executed this thing so incredibly beautifully it doesn't matter, just a pure joy of a match to watch.
Steve Amell has been dethroned. This is the best celeb match of all time by miles. This was so loving good period.

NTH

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:stare:

Rey Fenix just casually dropping an HM against the lesser buck.

This is a nomination.

HM: March 10th Dynamite, Matt Jackson vs Rey Fenix from AEW Dynamite

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lamuella posted:

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata, Barbed Wire Coffin Match. DDT Daydream Believer, March 14

This match was absurd and graphic and silly and superbly performed. Lots of very very stupid stunts that ended up elevating both guys.
Nth

It was a very silly deathmatch with non-gimmicked barbed wire and thumbtacks, these two are great and Brookes (Loosely translated) exchange with Matsui over the content of the LEGO box was hilarious.

Brookes: What the gently caress is this?
Matsuri: I don't know!
Brookes: Whatever, it's fine!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker from AEW St Patrick's Day Slam

The second best US women's match in the last ten years, bar none. It was drat close to beating Bayley/Sasha from Takeover Brooklyn, but I think these two matches might be the best two women's matches on US soil ever. Britt skipped the Muta scale and was on the Hakuto scale

God drat, what a match, and these women are only going to get better.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 28th
MOTYC
Jun Akiyama (c) vs Kazusada Higuchi - KO-D Openweight Title
- Old Man Jun is an absolute force. Match starting off slow targeting Higuchi's hand before ramping up with stiff shots and bomb after bomb after bomb until one guy couldn't kick out anymore. Loved it

HM
Toi Kojima and Chris Brookes vs Yuki Iino and Yusuke Okada
- If this match was just the Andre slam spot then it already would have been cool, but there was an intense match around it that started the crowd off hot and was a great display of both rookie Kojima and new signing Okada
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno, MAO and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Mad Paulie, Yuji Hino, Daisuke Sasaki and Tetuya Endo)
- Got to love those Sauna Boys, and Damnation played the foils well. Endo remains one of the smoothest wrestlers in the world and Takeshita is strong
Seconding all these recommendations.

I died at the ref stopping Ueno from killing himself and then asking if he missed his spot and Ueno laughing and giving this look like "I ran out of space!" while retreating back to the tag rope

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MOTYC: Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy vs Kip Sabian & Miro from AEW Dynamite 3/31/2021

How do you go from the best women's match on US soil? Just let a bunch of nerds go hog wild.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Match of the Year: Orange Cassidy vs Kenny Omega (c) vs Pac from Double of Nothing May 30th

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Dante Martin & The Sydal Brothers - AEW Dynamite 8/11

What a great opener, and holy poo poo Dante Martin is loving incredible.
Absolutely. I thought The Acclaimed were going to go on the back-burner because of what Max Caster did but Dante broke the hell out, that was a hell of a Trio's match.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dante Martin and Antony Bowens were always The Acclaimed, idk what you're talking about.