Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Neodoomium posted:

Best Bros vs Emi/Veny is absolutely a MOTYC vote from me. Holy poo poo.

Nth-ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

had a little of everything that makes Chocopro so great

Nth.

It's really hard to believe that this was Chie's 60th match overall.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker: AEW St patrick's Day Slam 17/03/21

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nth-Ed yes

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Deathlove posted:

MOTYC Mei Suruga/Baliyan Akki v Minoru Fujita/Emi Sakura, ChocoPro 100, 3/27/21

A million miles an hour in eighty square feet.

Nth. What a fun intense matchup.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

HM: Baliyan Akki vs Chie Koishikawa ChocoPro 4/11/21

This was a straightforward, good technical match and there was one point where they were trading counters and it was mesmerizing.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

MOTYC: Match you'd watch again, easily. Love.

HM: Match you'd watch again if someone brought it up. Like.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Suzu Suzuki vs. Masashi Takeda - Ice Ribbon Spring is Short, So You Maidens Should Fight (4/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNSjjKNv_U

Unfortunately the stream skipped the entrances, so you miss out on the commentary team dancing to Rokkinpo Goroshi.

This is the first match in Suzu's hardcore trial series where it feels like her opponent has treated the match as a serious match and not as a bit of a sideshow (which Suzu was very happy about to be treated as an equal by the world's best deathmatch wrestler), as such if you find the idea of watching an 18-year-old girl wrestle a grown man in a hardcore match uncomfortable then I'd recommend not watching.

Nth. I was transfixed at the paper in the mouth. Also, what was sticking out of that ball that they used as a weapon?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta El Cero Miedo - AEW Dynamite, 4/28/21

So much fun.

nth. it was so enjoyable.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi (c) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021 (5/4)

This was very very good

nth. yes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
ChocoPro #110: PENCIL ARMY VS. ACES OF CHOCOPRO

Everything good about Chocopro in one match. A spot fest that told multiple great stories in one 45 minute match. Chris Brookes accepting the Pencil Army. Lulu getting close to her first pin ever. Akki vs. Fujita.

If you only watch one Chocopro match make it this one. If you don't like it, then ChocoPro just isn't for you and never will be.

nth. caught up to watch this. This both felt and didn't feel like 45 minutes. the ending promo is why I've been calling Brooke a monster for the past couple of days.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fez_machine posted:

HM
12th May 2021
Chocopro 115
Chris Brookes vs. Emi Pencil

Some world-class heeling from Brookes, very enjoyable.

Nth. Knowing the story behind the match would help ones appreciation of the match but it was still a very fun match.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: HUB, Shisao & Eisa8 vs. Shota, FUMA & Mil Mongoose - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was really fun, and featured guys I've basically never seen before who all really impressed in-ring. There was a really nice diversity in size that changed up how and what they could (or should) do to each other and overall it just came together in a great package: really, really great as an opener to the show.

Edit:

HM: The All-Star Battle Royal - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was completely over the top and ludicrous and stupid and I loved every second of it, and it had the perfect winner. So many incredible wrestlers in this, so many fantastic little stories and interactions.

MOTYC: Kagetsu, Hazuki, Konami, & Death Yama-san vs. ASUKA, Syuri, Natsupoi, & Mio Momono - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

The emotional background and the circumstances that lead to the match even happening at all lifts this up just that little bit higher than an HM, but the wrestling was also drat good and holy poo poo Kagetsu hasn't lost a step since she her retirement. So many cool spots/moments it does make it feel like this could be the start of further rivalries or developments, and while that probably won't happen given the unique circumstances, it's a match well worth going out of your way to see.

Don't read below unless you want to be spoiled!

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. ASUKA in an impromptu Main Event - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

Out of nowhere ASUKA challenged Kagetsu to a singles match, the retired Kagetsu accepted, they asked Hana's mother for permission and for the approval of the Korakuen crowd, got both, and then proceeded to have a fantastic match that absolutely nobody was expecting or could have dreamed of. Amazing stuff.

nth-ed

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC: Pencil Army VS Chris Brooks, Asuka & Yuna Mizumori, CHOCOPRO #120 5/24/21

While perhaps not quite the same level of excitement as the previous Pencil Army tag match, there were a whole bunch of spots you don't usually see in ChocoPro, including a table splash, an exposed surface DDT, and Lulu Pencil making the whole distance on a jump. The post-match devastation and promo put it over an HM for me.

Lulu Pencil vs. Brookes is the best, most heated feud in wrestling at the moment. You can fight me on that.

Nth. This was amazing. Also, Chris Brookes is a monster.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata & DASH Chisako vs. Mio Momono, Rin Kadokura & Mei Hoshizuki in an elimination match for the AAAW Singles Championship, AAAW Tag Team Championship, Sendai Girls World Championship and Sendai Girls Tag Team Championship - GAEA Japan GAEAISM Decade of a Quarter Century (6/13)

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1404446405071151115?s=19

This is my match of the year so far. The build up has been great between the two promotions involved. The crowd was about as good as I've been in for a clap crowd. Everything once it came down to the final two was fantastic.

Nth-ed. I blinked and missed Iwata elimination but regardless, the final two were amazing and if Mio Momono is not considered a top star in Marvelous, someone's messed up because she had big "gently caress YOU" energy regardless of who she was up against in the ring.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Mio Momono for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle (7/11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV0Qm660RGY

This match is my match of the year as things stand. It follows on from the GAEAISM main event on 6/13 which was my match of the year when it happened. A lot of wrestlers will ignore the size differential between themselves and their opponents in order to get all their cool poo poo in making the match look like something out a video game which can be cool, but in this match these two really played up that Chihiro dwarfs Mio and it made Chihiro look a beast and Mio look incredible for dealing with her onslaught.

There were some truly sick bumps from Chihiro's Germans and an amazing armbar spot from Mio. Chihiro is a monster, Mio is a genius. If I gave star ratings, I'd give 5.

Nth. Really enjoyed this match

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Lulupencil vs Chris Brookes 30 Minutes Ironmen Match ChocoPro 137 7/22(JST)

PENCIL
ARMY
PENCIL
ARMY

Nthed . If you knew the story behind this match, I don’t know how anyone could vote against it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Fujita (c) vs Shinno Hagane for the Super Asia Championship ChocoPro #141 7/31 Local Time.

Nthed . I really enjoyed it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

HM

Dash Chisako vs Mio Momono from Sendai Girls' 5-14-21 Show

It could be argued that there was very little selling in this match. That may be true but this match was good for a couple of sequences. Mio doing a DDT on the apron, then draping Dash across the bottom rope before kicking it and then dropkicking Dash's head. There was also another sequence where Mio did a double foot stomp, pin, double foot stomp and pin. It was mesmerizing to watch and between this and the Hash match, I want to make Mio my wrestler of the year.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/18

MOTYC: Young Bucks (c) vs Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) - AEW Tag Titles

Nthed

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks (C) vs. The Lucha Bros in a Steel Cage match for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW All Out 9/5

This match was crazy and delivered exactly on what was expected, elevated even further by the rabid crowd. Two of the legitimately best tag teams in the world doing the most crazy, innovative and terrifying poo poo imaginable.

nth-ed

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

TTBF posted:

Really wish I could watch all the Japanese matches nominated in this thread

It's frustrating.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 6 October 3rd

Kenoh vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - N-1 Finals
- Holy gently caress these shots :stonk: If you've ever seen a match from either of these guys you know they have no problem going hard

Nth-ed.

Really enjoyed this match, having come into NOAH with relatively no knowledge of the promotion

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki - AEW Rampage Buy In 10/15

Holy poo poo this was INSANE, and they gave it away from free on a Youtube pre-show! It was everything I hoped it would be, just glorious. Thank God for Bryan Danielson, big ups to Satan for Minoru Suzuki.

Nthed. If you didn’t like this, maybe you don’t like wrestling

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

HM: Suguiera vs Mochizuki: Go on to the Demolition Stage 2021.

Dipping my toe into NOAH for a bit and these two have such a tough match, not taking into account the age of these two men. It's brutal and good.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
30th of October
Gatoh Move #168

Best Bros (Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki) vs. Egg Tarts (Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno) for the ASIA DREAM TAG CHAMPIONSHIP

Held my attention again against Kingston vs. Danielson. Left everything in the ring.

nth

Nth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

HM: DDT Tokyo Dome Cup 2021.10.31

Given the venue, I figured things would get wacky and I liked it. The TPJW and 37 Kamina interactions really went over well with me and I have to learn the names of the members of all of 37 Kamina.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

This may be late and I’m posting from a phone but

HM Mio Momono and ? vs ? And Chihiro Hashimoto for Marvelous uploaded to yt in August 12,2021.

I really enjoy watching Mio trying to f everyone up.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Give me a minute while I look it up on cagematch. I typed it up so I wouldn’t forget.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Yes it was! Thank you Jerusalem

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

MOTY08/21 | Toru Owashi vs. Antonio Honda and Kazuki Hirata vs. Danshoku Dieno in a Double Ring Double Singles Match - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan

I finally took the time to watch it and it's chaotic from the start but in a fun way and wrestling should be fun.

also MOTY 37 Kamina vs Chris Brookes/Jun Kasai on 8/21 DDT Peter Pan

I'm so impressed at Shun stepping on those legos on barefeet and Mao getting skewers in his head and then Kasai getting hit in the head with chairs following it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Why hasn’t billibilli users uploaded it yet?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Dramatic Explosion December 18th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs Shunma Katsumata
- Pay attention Hikari, this is how you do a CyberFight flavoured hardcore match. It also helps that Shunma is a goddamn pro, Jesus the amount of thumbtacks they each had in them when they were leaving

This is the match uploaded to DDT's Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqe_vdJVpiI

Nth-ed.

I don't know what public opinion of Shunma is but man, what a professional in this match with his antics in the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

flatluigi posted:

MOTYC: Tayjay vs Bunny/Ford, AEW Rampage 12/31

holy poo poo

nth.

Loved it.