Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs Brian Cage: NEW New Year's Smash Night 2

Will second this and the HM for the NWA Women's title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Based on gifs and videos on twitter I think I can nominate

WMOTYC: Asuka vs Alexa Bliss, 11/18 WWE Raw

Alexa Bliss is very bad and this is one of the funniest block sequences I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1351378298656481280

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1351378496627609601

Also a mid match transformation or whatever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Proud N Powerful vs Sammy Hager vs Jericho and MJF, 1/20 Dynamite

Crazy fun match and maybe the best Hager has ever looked in a match. Props to Jericho for getting up for Sammy's finish. Sammy's swanton was incredible. Incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Asuka vs Alexa Bliss, WWE Raw 1/25.

This is the best TV WWE has produced in years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

MOTYC, 1 / 27 AEW Dynamite, Jungle Boy vs Dax

Third. Great match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: AJ Gray vs Hoodfoot, GCW Fight Forever: For the Culture 1/29 (sadly it did not go 3 minutes longer so it could span two days.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Satoshi Kojima, NJPW New Beginning 1/30

This was a better GCW match than anything GCW has done tonight

Did they use doors or lighttubes?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Ken Broadway vs. Gabriel Skye GCW Fight Forever: VxS Presents: Rockstar Knights, 1/30

Really good match with super impressive stuff from both guys. Good to see Cash Flow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Everett Connors, GCW Fight Forever: The Wrld on GCW Part 3 1/30

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Beginning in Nagoya January 30th
MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

HM
Will Ospreay vs Satoshi Kojima

Nth. I wish I didn't know the finish to Shingo/Tanahashi as the false finish definitely would've fooled me and made me wonder for a second if I read right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

If you held a gun to my head and told me to give a single detail about 2018 I would have to die

HHH came in at number 31 and eliminated Brock Lesnar.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know I am a constant ball of negativity about AEW but I'm just not sure all of these matches are MOTYC. These nominations are very important so I think I can only go:

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
MOTYC: Britt vs Thunder Rosa
MOTYC: The Bullet Club vs Pac, Fenix and Mox

(From AEW Dynamite on 2/3/TYOOL 2021)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TTBF posted:

HM: The Best Bros (Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki) vs Emi Sakura & Veny ChocoPro #89, Feb 13th

I'm not really a fan of ChocoPro/GatohMove's ringless wrestling but this was great. I think if I hadn't just watched Shiozaki vs Mutoh and Suzuki vs Fujimoto I might have gone MOTYC on it. It is really good.

Where can I view this match?

ChocoPro matches often feel like they are way longer than they need to be but it'd oddly not a bad thing. Nth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From tonight's Dynamite

HM: The Young Bucks vs Proud and Powerful
MOTYC: Riho vs Serena Deeb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

frankenfreak posted:

Stardom Go To BUDOKAN! Valentine Special - Day 1 - Feb 13

HM - SWA Undisputed World Women's Title Match: Syuri (c) vs. AZM
Excellent bout by two great wrestlers. AZM once again proves that she can hang with the big guns and is still only 18.

MOTYC - Wonder Of Stardom Title Match: Giulia (c) vs. Starlight Kid
I went back and forth on this, it's a borderline case. Kid is not an opponent they could default to another Passion of the Giulia match with and everything after the Tombstone + Moonsault was absolutely on point, putting it over the line for me.

I will second these matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

I'll go HM for Archer/Fenix only because I feel like they just missed their peak and were rushing to the finish before going off the air (for a second I thought they were going to a draw to pay off that "TV time remaining" thing they've set up since the beginning of Dynamite and haven't done yet, but then it just ended so oh well).

But only a small nitpick for what was otherwise a fantastic match.

As mentioned they have done it before and it was a taped show so they weren't rushing.

I will second Nyla/Britt for HM and Archer/Fenix for MOTYC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Lmao at thinking things in star ratings rather than going "was this cool as hell? y/n/hm"

I thought of it as ****1/4, AKA "The cool zone." You may have heard of it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Chris Jericho/MJF, AEW Revolution, 08/03

Last few minutes pushed it over the top, very fun finish

The drool made it a MOTYC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC SHIDA/MIZUNAMI REVOLUTION

HOLY FUCKKKKKKK

I agree.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

I voted the worst before the explosion because the match loving sucked

The match ruled.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

:stare:

Rey Fenix just casually dropping an HM against the lesser buck.

This is a nomination.

HM: March 10th Dynamite, Matt Jackson vs Rey Fenix from AEW Dynamite

Matt Jackson is the better Buck but seconded.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Scorpio Sky, Dynamite 3/10

Really good TV match.

Nth, really wild match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All from 3/3 Stardom All Star Cinderella Anniversary

HM: AZM vs Natsupoi
HM: Nanae Takahashi vs. Momo Watanabe

Two great short matches and very different, one a fast paced opener, while Momo and Nanae just threw bombs at each other in a firey wild match.

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs. Yoshiko

Not quite as good as the best Mayu matches last year but she always manages to look like she's been killed and up the drama. Great stuff

HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Saya Kamitani

MOTYC: Giulia vs. Tam Nakano

What a perfect main event. Tam has been trying so hard to win the big one and has especially been unsuccessful vs Giulia, and here with everything on the line the ultimate underdog she finally does it. Giulia is great as a bully and Tam is great as the pure hearted babyface, especially afterwards. Also one of the best Steiner Screwdrivers I have seen in years!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This means NJPW can be counted as Stardom and thus be the best wrestling on Earth again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will nth

MOTYC
Finlay vs Jay White
Finlay vs Will Ospreay.

The finish to Ospreay/Finlay was one of the coolest things I have seen in awhile and I'm genuinely impressed they did that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Jack Evans vs Dante Martin, AEW Dark 3/23

Two great high flying guys doing cool high flying stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Matt Sydal, Dynamite, 3/24

Matt Sydal has been this good for 15 years and this is the first time he really got the chance to show it on national TV.

Nth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think everything else has enough seconds but I will nth Christian vs Kazarian from Wednesday's Dynamite for an HM. Felt like a match near the top of an ROH card from 15 years ago. And not Christian vs Daniels this was better than that!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

WMOTYC - Sheamus vs. Riddle - WrestleMania 37 Night 2 - 4-11-21

Ugly botchfest with Sheamus hilariously stiffing the poo poo out of Riddle.

So it was good then?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

if i'm reading this thread correctly Night 1 is a front run contender for Show of the Year and night 2 is the far and away leader for Worst Show of the Year

Going by this thread Night 1 is going to have 1 WMOTYC, 1 HM and 1 MOTYC making it worse than most Dynamites.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

I think Dynamites match reactions are overrated and people are too liberal with hm's and even moty's. Theres good matches but this thread reacts to every Dynamite like its a NJPW PPV so irs a quantity v quality argument scale.

If you think this thread improperly rates matches it is unwise to judge whether or not Wrestlemania Night 1 was the event of the year based on how this thread reads.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Nth. Turns out that if you put four of the best in the world in a ring and just let them roll with it they do trememdous stuff, who knew?

Nth. Very pleased with how both of them are shaping up.

Nth. The Greek Chorus of interference I think held it back from being a MOTYC but it was well wrestled and had some absolutely stupid spots that I loved.

Matt Hardy's body should really not be put through the kind of damage that would be required to do a match that fun with no interference.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WMOTYC: Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle, Blood and Guts, 5/5

If it ended with the entire Pinnacle beaten down and MJF being threatened with the fork, it'd have been MOTY for me.

Instead, it uh...didn't, and the last commercial break/everything after it was somehow both as much of a joke as the sparklers AND far more boring.

MOTYC: Blood and Guts 5/5. Outstanding match, very heated, very good finish, fun bump at the end. Bloody MJF on top of the cage was a great performance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will add in an HM for Cody vs QT Marshall too. The tombstone reversal sequence was very impressive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/12

HM: Yuji Nagata vs. Jon Moxley, IWGP US Heavyweight Championship
MOTYC: Young Bucks vs. SCU, AEW World Tag Team Championship
MOTYC: Miro vs. Darby Allin, AEW TNT Championship

I will second these. The show got a little weird in the middle, but what a show wrestling wise.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
5/19 Dynamite

HMs for
Christian Cage vs Matt Sydal
Serena Deeb vs Red Velvet
Young Bucks vs Varsity Blonds

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

Nikki beat Charlotte and Ripley two weeks in a row? Good for Nikki. She’s cool.

She went to a two minute draw with both for the victory.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: The Young Bucks vs Penta El 0M and Pac, 6/4 AEW Dynamite

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will give a MOTYC for

G-Raver vs Effy
Orin Veidt vs Nolan Edward
Alex Colon vs Atticus Coogar

and a HM for

Alex Colon vs Bam Sullivan

All from GCW TOS 666

Alex Colon was so over all night and the reaction to the finish of the finals was one of the biggest I've ever heard. Effy was maybe the second most over guy of the night which surprised me since going in I thought G-Raver would be.

Incredible tournament with one of the best live crowds I've ever been in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Christian Cage vs Angelico AEW Dynamite 11.06

Just a rock-solid match on every level.

Very good match, loved to see Christian bringing diving headbutts back for the boys. (I am seconding)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 12, 2021