Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Joey Steel posted:

People dragging dumb twitter poo poo is exactly what caused the making GBS threads up of the 2nd tarot reading thread that I'm aware of in CSPAM.

the internet outside of SA sounds just awful and it sucks when stuff off site metastasizes into the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah, Harris and Hitchens and Dawkins pulled hard into Islamophobia and racism. Hitchens was crazy and racist but also the only one that was like "sure i'll try waterboarding it's not torture" and then was like "it's 100% torture, we should never do it it's really hosed up, i actually still have night terrors from it and i only lasted a few seconds".

Harris once "posed the question" of whether nuking Islamic nations was permissible as a preemptive self defense move.

Dawkins did the whole "well sure the Christian schools molested boys but we all got molested so it's fine" thing, so willing to defend Christian based society even when it's outright abusive and malicious.

speaking of, in the US we really need to shut down private schooling, at least for Christians

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

hot witch divorcee posted:

looks like the spell to find out which goons are disgusting redditors worked pretty well

https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/hot/

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

source ur quotes

staticman's post they got banned for lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

henkman posted:

that is an intensely racist post that is just flat out baffling to me.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

henkman posted:

:hmmyes: which also appears to have caused weird many-years long grudges not that I blame them

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Marzzle posted:

the internet outside of SA sounds just awful and it sucks when stuff off site metastasizes into the forums

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

staticman posted:

:hmmyes: which also appears to have caused weird many-years long grudges not that I blame them

you're still a hosed up intensely violent little weirdo and massive racist, it's just in the last few years you've become racist in a different, less overt, way

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the driving belief behind much US Christianity, withcraft, new age movements, and even secular stuff like life coaches is the same. It's that if a person can visualize themselves as being better off, hold onto that mindset, and enact certain ritual practices, they can make that vision come true. That this necessitates making some sort of plan does mean it sometimes helps people. Overall though, it disguises how little control individual workers have over their lives, and replaces collective action with individual spiritual practice.

stuff like liberation theology, or other anti-colonial or anti-imperialist spiritual practices that worked mobilized masses of people against their oppresses. For the most part, it wasn't the specific theological beliefs that made those movements progressive. it was how those religious movements merged with wider mass movements.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

tbh liberation theology and whatnot sounds good for a mass movement and it would be cool if the internet witch stuff could build bridges and create solidarity between people instead of dividing people over trivial stuff like "really really believing in spells and tarot cards". at this point and in this specific situation it just seems like an easy in-grouping thing to consolidate power over online platforms

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Americans can't get into any ideology or religion or philosophy without turning it into a vessel for roleplaying Puritanism.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

staticman posted:

Okay real talk:

Timing's way too coincidental for this. Make fun of witches all you want, but if my dumbass take in that thread is literally making you meltdown to the point where you're literally taking to Twitter to harrasss and dogpile on Native American furries, forcing them to lock their accounts, maybe it's you whose the racist piece of poo poo and my accusations towards you as an individual were proven correct? Are you really so broke-brained by nu-atheist white supremacy to think that's at all an okay response?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

think staticman just might be a troll tbh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe if those dumb Natives of 19th century were furries and on twitter, they would deserve some compassion from the online luminaries of the magicks.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think changing your mind is a normal human behavior and welcome people who were bad to start seeing the light, but 4 years is not enough time for me to believe the whiplash from posting to the effect of 'natives are subhuman savages and im glad they were killed' to 'people poking fun at woowoo magic is a conspiracy to further colonial thought and reflects their extreme racism' is a genuine turn.

Uncomfortable seeing you post although I am only one poster.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

lol jackson was a loving monster

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

think staticman just might be a troll tbh

also this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sharkopath posted:

I think changing your mind is a normal human behavior and welcome people who were bad to start seeing the light, but 4 years is not enough time for me to believe the whiplash from posting to the effect of 'natives are subhuman savages and im glad they were killed' to 'people poking fun at woowoo magic is a conspiracy to further colonial thought and reflects their extreme racism' is a genuine turn.

Uncomfortable seeing you post although I am only one poster.

Four and a half :smuggo:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
man i thought the robe and wizard hat thing was just a joke, but apparently it's part of a spell:

quote:

My wife and I are reeling and she's never felt more empowered. And honestly, she looks like she has unlocked a new power inside of her just as she lives her life now.

A little bit of background; we have been married for around 4 years and have been trying to get pregnant for 3. We have been wanting children deeply since then. Of course after about a year of no luck, we went to the clinic and ran through the gauntlet of test on both of us. After every test under the sun, we were placed in the roughly 33% of all infertility category of "unexplained". Of course this was disheartening, but we wanted to try for a few more years before we took on the financial and emotional burden of IVF. So we have been trying naturally since.

A few months ago, my wife and I took a vacation to Salem, MA. She and I both have had at least a latent interest in the occult and we are suckers for historical places. Of course we had a blast, but while we were there, my wife started chatting with one of the store owners about a number of things, including our fertility situation. She advised some things to my wife about things we could try that might help. We found a green candle, a book detailing signs of goddesses, and she found a cute red witch hat.

The Wednesday that we were in Salem was her ovulation day. So on Wednesday night, before we had sex, she lit the green candle, drew the sign of Venus above her uterus, drew the sign of Mars on my penis, and she wore the hat. ... Without going into detail, It was seriously the most passionate sex we had ever had.

Anyway, neither of us really knew what to expect. Or if we had even done it correctly. We thought we might have to do it over several cycles. But sure enough, before her next period came, she was pregnant. We're now 14 weeks along and just learned that there are two strong and healthy girls growing in there!!

We are so happy!! My wife and I are both wondering, did we really cast a working spell?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Andrew Jackson was a boy witch

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I think staticman has indeed changed their mind and has stopped regarding indigenous peoples -- specifically native americans -- as worthless savages and instead as useful props for the purposes of continuing to (wokely) lust after violence and genocide, as evidenced by their rap sheet.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

hot witch divorcee posted:

looks like the spell to find out which goons are disgusting redditors worked pretty well

magicking your monitor on

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

but dont worry staticman this thread was not part of a wider malicious online assault on Woke Native American Furry Twitter Witches, it was just me making fun of the silly witchcraft thread getting people probated for two weeks for saying witchcraft isnt real

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Yet again, reminded how Christians ~purely coincidentally~ never, even once in all history, suffered a genocide or holocaust, yet are always dishing out said genocides and holocausts.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Homeless Friend posted:

Yet again, reminded how Christians ~purely coincidentally~ never, even once in all history, suffered a genocide or holocaust, yet are always dishing out said genocides and holocausts.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - George Custer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - George Custer

The guy he was up against didn't take this sitting down

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

They did, from other Christians

E: How quickly we forget the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

quote:

they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
                          /

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Homeless Friend posted:

basically every religion starts tryin' to genocide if the manage to dominate a culture enough. like even the nice Buddhists will happily crush all opposing religions if they're a threat to their power

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

You have the hussites and french wars of religion. I'm not entirely familiar enough to call them genocides but they were pretty brutal.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Now it's unwoke to be pro-magic

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

You have the hussites and french wars of religion. I'm not entirely familiar enough to call them genocides but they were pretty brutal.

its staticmans post you bastards :negative:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

I am very credulous and always believe everybody is posting their heart. :)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Homeless Friend posted:

The Romans did a little at the start, but I think they got weirded out by the Early Christians being all "oh yes, martyr me daddy"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

quote:

they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
                          /

lol

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

loll whoops

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

christmas boots posted:

The Romans did a little at the start, but I think they got weirded out by the Early Christians being all "oh yes, martyr me daddy"

A History Of Early Christianity

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

oh poo poo we have a turkish grey wolf in the thread

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

christmas boots posted:

making the whole symbol of the religion the roman's execution/torture device was a pretty alpha move by early Christendom

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

That's only true if you take the evangelical protestant (christian takfiri) position that they are the only real christians and catholics and orthodox don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Marzzle posted:

making the whole symbol of the religion the roman's execution/torture device was a pretty alpha move by early Christendom

And then Peter's all like, "do it upside-down bitch"

E: sorry folks this is a christian thread now plz convert

christmas boots has issued a correction as of 21:50 on Jan 5, 2021