Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I've pushed off the 'flawless emerald to make a lens from' to another day by just stepping down a MV combustion generator to my EBF's LV hatch, #fuckit

I've also set up a small diesel plant, so I'm absolutely swimming in the stuff! Juggling cells is a pain so I tossed out another RC Iron tank to hold it all. How to get the fuel back out and where it needs to be without leaving a bunch useless in pipes around the base is also a problem for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Arrath posted:

I've also set up a small diesel plant, so I'm absolutely swimming in the stuff! Juggling cells is a pain so I tossed out another RC Iron tank to hold it all. How to get the fuel back out and where it needs to be without leaving a bunch useless in pipes around the base is also a problem for another day.

My solution is to just let it be in the pipes. Fuel pipes are the best "superconducting wire" until EV.

Look up the Super Tank I. It holds 4,000,000mB in one block, and has auto-output.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Arrath posted:

I've pushed off the 'flawless emerald to make a lens from' to another day by just stepping down a MV combustion generator to my EBF's LV hatch, #fuckit

Flawless gems are easy once you build a sifting machine. You don't even need a machine to get purified ores! If you toss a pile of crushed ore into the cauldron it washes it to purified just like turning impure dusts to normal dusts. Emerald ore is found in the nether down deep along with thorium and beryllium.

Embrace the pipes, run them along the ceiling or underground if you want to, but moving fuel to generators is the easiest way to get power around the base. Never under estimate your EBF's hunger for power, though. I had a full super tank of Naphtha for the longest time, then I upgraded to TPV coils which took FOUR HOURS of cooking at EV power and sucked out 3/4 of the tank. Build big buffers for fuel and get that poo poo automated asap. Look into the oil drilling rig and long distance fluid pipes.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

the sifting multiblock RULES and I recommend getting it the second you start to get annoyed with how slow single block sifting is. it's a great introduction to how strong the gt++ multiblocks are, and unlike the rest of them, doesn't require any alloy blast smelter-specific alloys, so you can make it in MV. even with LV/MV power it's so much better than the single block version.

as for my own doings...

i set up autocrafting for the circuits that need qbit wafers (single step EVs->ZPMs), so I created my first four assline casings!

and it helped point out where my bottlenecks are, which got me to make a few more gt++ multis:

i have the more advanced boards on passive, meaning i need lots of energetic alloy smelted every time i batch some circuits, so that prompted me to make a serious upgrade:

VOLCANUS

bred up some good blazereed ic2 crops and put pyrotheum on passive and crafted some hss-s coils. this thing is amazing.

the only useful gt++ machines i'm missing for autocrafting pre-assline are the 9-in-1 and cutter, neither of which are feeling super vital atm. getting the rest of my assline is only a matter of time (and processing my ~2k platinum ingot shortage)

i still don't have PBI on passive, meaning i don't have advanced SMDs yet, so that'll be my next project. then it's on to the t4 rocket and venus.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hooplah posted:

the sifting multiblock RULES and I recommend getting it the second you start to get annoyed with how slow single block sifting is. it's a great introduction to how strong the gt++ multiblocks are, and unlike the rest of them, doesn't require any alloy blast smelter-specific alloys, so you can make it in MV. even with LV/MV power it's so much better than the single block version.

HV circuits and whatever the hell Eglin steel is?? This will be a bit of a process, hmm.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The Sifting multiblock doesn't give a bonus anymore though, it's just faster.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The sifting multiblock is really good, but it requires HV circuits so it's basically HV. Wouldn't recommend stressing yourself over trying to crank it out in MV. In the meantime, make like an LV sifting machine and run a stack of purified crushed emerald through it. You should get a few flawless emeralds eventually.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

right... didn't mean to suggest it's a priority over your first HV machines. just that it's really good and you don't have to wait until after you've been to the moon or whatever. Worth pushing early if you find yourself sifting a lot for some reason.

elder GTNH players may get a kick out of this (or perhaps a deep feeling of revulsion)

I get a sick sort of pleasure from building minimal setups using low tier machines/single block machines. here's my entire platline setup minus sodium ruthenate->ruthenium dust:

i'm particularly happy with that single blast furnace. through a combination of stocking input bus and quad input hatch, i have it processing:
platinum residue dust
leach residue dust
rarest metal residue dust
crude rhodium residue dust
iridium metal residue dust
tungstic acid
:sun:

i basically just keep upgrading the tier of individual machines as they become bottlenecks. It feels wasteful to set up the whole rhodium line, for instance, at HV when it is nowhere near backing up even with the whole thing at LV. never need to touch it other than to make upgrades. automatically stocks itself with all relevant inputs, so all i have to do is occasionally make sure i have enough plat/palladium/iridium raw dusts going in.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Hey, anyone know how to get Black Walnuts in The Winter Rescue? Lack of apples is baffling on its own but I don't even know what tree walnuts drop from. Plant Oil nutrition seems really tough to get without Trail Mix, so I just need Black Walnuts and Coconuts really.

edit: I figured it out. Leaves have a growth timer now. Black birch has growth on its leaves so I'm guessing that's where walnuts are from.
edit2: okay all my leaves are stuck at 0% even if I leave the generator on for several minutes. It looks like the generator has bad height coverage for its heat but even those within range aren't displaying any growth.
edit3: oh apparently (according to the quick guide in the wiki) Plant Oil nutrition is useless, and it has no negative effects when low. The more I dig into this particular issue the more pissed off I get at how badly it's handled.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 12, 2024

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Alright I'm back with more GTNH: I'm at the reasonably supplied with MV/just poking into HV stage, what are my options for balancing with item pipes or etc?

I want to set up a hands free de-sulfurization loop on my diesel line since H -> H Sulfide -> electrolyze into H/S is a closed loop, but my fear is that the electrolyzer might deadlock with too many cells of one kind or the other if I'm just doing a basic setup of "a barrel of cells that conveyor into the electrolyzer and H sulfide tank (then into the electrolyzer)", since conveyors are just dumb item funnels. The lack of balance wasn't a problem on the cell barrel feeding my sulfuric light/heavy tanks, I just stuffed more than enough cells into the loop and it'll keep trucking. But what is the best approach to ensure that H and empty cells get put into the electrolyzer at 1:1?

Arrath fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 21, 2024

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Arrath posted:

Alright I'm back with more GTNH: I'm at the reasonably supplied with MV/just poking into HV stage, what are my options for balancing with item pipes or etc?

I want to set up a hands free de-sulfurization loop on my diesel line since H -> H Sulfide -> electrolyze into H/S is a closed loop, but my fear is that the electrolyzer might deadlock with too many cells of one kind or the other if I'm just doing a basic setup of "a barrel of cells that conveyor into the electrolyzer and H sulfide tank (then into the electrolyzer)", since conveyors are just dumb item funnels. The lack of balance wasn't a problem on the cell barrel feeding my sulfuric light/heavy tanks, I just stuffed more than enough cells into the loop and it'll keep trucking. But what is the best approach to ensure that H and empty cells get put into the electrolyzer at 1:1?

I don't have GTNH installed right now, so I can't check recipes. However, the solution here is probably the same no matter what -- use item export covers. They can be whitelisted to a specific item, which means you can have hydrogen cells and empty cells being outputted from different sides of the machine. From there, you can use item pipes to do what you need to do. Also, machine adjacency -- use a screwdriver to allow any machine to accept items on their output square, and you can do fun things like bounce a hydrogen/empty cell back and forth between two adjacent machines.

Alternatively, since you're MV, you have access to EnderIO item conduits. These plus the EnderIO item filter upgrades will let you do fine-grained item routing.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'll take a look at those, thank you.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Arrath posted:

I use item conduits for most stuff that requires filters since I find covers to be annoying. You can also use locked drawers as an intermediate stop to function as a filter if making the actual filter items is too costly (which it can be at MV). It might even be a little more foolproof because I've occasionally noticed a full ethylene cell in my tank output (meaning an empty cell was put in) when it should only be able to accept full cells (and spit out empty ones).

Another solution is to not electrolyze the HS. Just making hydrogen from water, sodium, or methane (which is easy to get from refinery gas!) isn't too hard and the HS combines with water to make diluted sulfuric acid (distilled to regular H2SO4). You'll need sulfuric acid for circuits and TNT so making it as a byproduct from fuel production is a great way to do it before you can build dedicated processes for every material ever.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I use item conduits for most stuff that requires filters since I find covers to be annoying. You can also use locked drawers as an intermediate stop to function as a filter if making the actual filter items is too costly (which it can be at MV). It might even be a little more foolproof because I've occasionally noticed a full ethylene cell in my tank output (meaning an empty cell was put in) when it should only be able to accept full cells (and spit out empty ones).

Another solution is to not electrolyze the HS. Just making hydrogen from water, sodium, or methane (which is easy to get from refinery gas!) isn't too hard and the HS combines with water to make diluted sulfuric acid (distilled to regular H2SO4). You'll need sulfuric acid for circuits and TNT so making it as a byproduct from fuel production is a great way to do it before you can build dedicated processes for every material ever.

Yeah, anything you can do to get more sulfuric acid at this stage is clutch as hell. It's an absolute cornerstone of so many materials for the rest of the pack's progression.

I'm currently kinda dogpaddling in UV right now, working on refining and building up infrastructure to make wetware circuits and more superconductor coils. Finally got around to building a few of the mega machines (mega EBF, VC and DT) and kicking myself for not building some of them sooner. I need to do Convocation of the Damned soon so I can get better BM orbs and start getting some of the juicier meteors.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

RocketMermaid posted:

Yeah, anything you can do to get more sulfuric acid at this stage is clutch as hell. It's an absolute cornerstone of so many materials for the rest of the pack's progression.

That's a great tip and it looks like I can handily electrolyze water into e water, crack that into Oxy and Hydrogen and feed those into the de-sulfurization and polyethylene lines. Nice!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Arrath posted:

That's a great tip and it looks like I can handily electrolyze water into e water, crack that into Oxy and Hydrogen and feed those into the de-sulfurization and polyethylene lines. Nice!

Now you're thinking with Gregtech. :drugnerd:

Also seconding all the recommendations for Ender IO conduits, they're what I tend to standardize with when linking things outside of AE i/o or power cables.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

One caveat with Ender IO is its fluid conduits. Never use anything less than an ender fluid conduit. The two lower tech varieties actually retain fluid and simulate gravity, and work weirdly. It's very common to get 1-2mB stuck inside conduits that never leaves. Ender fluid conduits teleport fluid, and can handle an arbitrarily large number of types of fluid. (They have a built-in filter, no upgrade required, as well.)

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Arrath posted:

You can also skip the electrolyzed water step by piping the water into the electrolyzer and adding empty cells to the recipe. Electrolyzing is the most EU expensive way to get hydrogen and is very slow, but it's also the most straightforward and has the easiest renewable inputs.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Desulfuring primary oil fractions is also not very demanding on hydrogen input, either. You can get a lot of desulfuring done with very little electrolysis. I am too lazy to plug in the hard drive from my dead computer to fetch the diagram but for light fuel you needed dozens of distillers before you even got close to saturating even a single electrolyzer doing the slowest electrolysis method.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Desulfuring primary oil fractions is also not very demanding on hydrogen input, either. You can get a lot of desulfuring done with very little electrolysis. I am too lazy to plug in the hard drive from my dead computer to fetch the diagram but for light fuel you needed dozens of distillers before you even got close to saturating even a single electrolyzer doing the slowest electrolysis method.

That fully depends on what type of oil you're distilling. I have a huge raw oil field (~400 per chunk) that's like, 2 stacks of long distance fluid pipe away from my base so I run everything on Naphtha. Raw oil distills 100 to 150 naphtha so with 2 LV distilleries a single electrolyzer can't keep up and that's getting 12 cells of naphtha per hydrogen. I've since set up a DT in the void with a Dimensional Transciever (powered by EIO vibrant photovoltaic cells) but that one super tank of naphtha off 2 LV distilleries fueled my entire base well into EV. It's pretty crazy how much a big fuel buffer can keep you going. I think the lowest it dipped was 2 million when I was running the EV EBF for like, 6 hours straight.

Anyway benzene is great but if you've got a good oil field you can get an absurd amount of energy from it. I never even had to move the oil rig, though I did upgrade it to the 2x2 version recently. Still worth diversifying because there are lots of important wood tar products (I have a bonsai farm feeding a single advanced coke oven that solves that for now).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SynthesisAlpha posted:

That fully depends on what type of oil you're distilling. I have a huge raw oil field (~400 per chunk) that's like, 2 stacks of long distance fluid pipe away from my base so I run everything on Naphtha. Raw oil distills 100 to 150 naphtha so with 2 LV distilleries a single electrolyzer can't keep up and that's getting 12 cells of naphtha per hydrogen. I've since set up a DT in the void with a Dimensional Transciever (powered by EIO vibrant photovoltaic cells) but that one super tank of naphtha off 2 LV distilleries fueled my entire base well into EV. It's pretty crazy how much a big fuel buffer can keep you going. I think the lowest it dipped was 2 million when I was running the EV EBF for like, 6 hours straight.

Anyway benzene is great but if you've got a good oil field you can get an absurd amount of energy from it. I never even had to move the oil rig, though I did upgrade it to the 2x2 version recently. Still worth diversifying because there are lots of important wood tar products (I have a bonsai farm feeding a single advanced coke oven that solves that for now).

Well, yeah, once you're dealing with industrial amounts of oil from a multiblock pump, the equation changes. I was referring more to a fully single block starter setup. By the time one can crank out enough steel for a long LDFP and a multiblock pump, I figure sufficient hydrogen is a solved problem.

At EV, don't forget to make Metrics Transmitter covers for your pumps!

Regarding benzene, I recommend waiting until IV to bother. With some effort, you can make a nitrobenzene setup in early IV that makes 3A ZPM from a single XL gas turbine (HSS-E large rotors.) That setup will give the other distillates as well.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

This took entirely too long to construct, but my spaghetti masterpiece is mostly complete:

Oil goes in, through 3 distilleries each for LF and RG, and 2 for HF. End products of diesel, polyethylene and soon, sulfuric acid.

The floor above is where the power generation happens and it is, well, a fuckin mess.

Is it trying to do too much in one installation? Probably! Is it too spread out? For sure! Does it respect chunk boundaries? Hell no! But its mine :buddy:

Arrath fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 23, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Been seeing these videos pop up recently, it's the sort of render distance I always wanted in minecraft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an8niZOaGPM

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Just dropping that I've been playing and enjoying Stoneblock 3 quite a bit, and I think it fits a good niche in terms of both sandboxy as well as having enough quests to give you basic direction. It also includes ProjectE as an endgamish thing, in case you miss that.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I would like to build a room in another dimension (compact machine, void dimension, w/e) and set it so that when any player joins the server they arrive there instead of where they logged out.

Is this possible on a Forge server? I found the essentialx plugin and a Fabric mod that can do this kind of stuff for the spawn area, but nothing for Forge.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

So a friend and I played Create Astral for a while before petering out, partly for non game reasons but partly because Astral had such janky and unintuitive behavior in a lot of places (its relationship with the multiblock smelter, various machines not working properly with funnels and belts, various recipes that were changed...) and poor documentation of those changes. We got just shy of building the electrolyzer (had about half the blocks made for it) before stopping.

I like Create as a mod, I liked the depth of farming and cooking that Astral provided, and I'm a fan of TC/Hephaesta/whatever it's called nowadays... but I do not need a long quest mod or a ton of overhauls to basic mechanics to enjoy the game. Especially not when those overhauls conflict. Just want to build some machines, grow some crops, and have a nice building environment going to make a model village or something.

Short of making a mod pack myself, what packs are even recommended for Create focused nowadays? Above and Beyond seems very progression focused (if I can ignore the progression or at least not have to dedicate everything to it, that's fine), but is there another good option to work with? Most feedback I've seen is one of those two packs or "make your own".

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

There's the steampunk pack, though that also has thin air and cold sweat, so you've got to manage temperature and have respirators (or diving helmet+backtank) for both high and low elevations (iirc, >128 or <0).

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

taiyoko posted:

There's the steampunk pack, though that also has thin air and cold sweat, so you've got to manage temperature and have respirators (or diving helmet+backtank) for both high and low elevations (iirc, >128 or <0).

We actually tried that before Astral, and the temperature mechanics immediately turned both of us off it. Still have it installed but unlikely to go back.

I guess I can find something without Create if I have to. Just liked that approach for machinery a lot better than the others I've dealt with.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

SkyeAuroline posted:

We actually tried that before Astral, and the temperature mechanics immediately turned both of us off it. Still have it installed but unlikely to go back.

I guess I can find something without Create if I have to. Just liked that approach for machinery a lot better than the others I've dealt with.

You could try Create: Perfect World? It's not heavy- mostly all the Create add-ons, a bunch of decorative stuff, and some farming for a Vanilla + type of gameplay, but if you want Create and farming, it might work. Would just need to add TC/Heph or some other tool mod, because I think this one is strictly vanilla tools otherwise.

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/create-perfect-world

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Heran Bago posted:

I would like to build a room in another dimension (compact machine, void dimension, w/e) and set it so that when any player joins the server they arrive there instead of where they logged out.

Is this possible on a Forge server? I found the essentialx plugin and a Fabric mod that can do this kind of stuff for the spawn area, but nothing for Forge.

I only ever heard of that for initial spawn--not rejoin--and that was well after I had to forcefully code something up for that in 1.7.

That being said, it might be easier to code for initial join/rejoin as a thing than just the first spawn. It might even just be command block stuff now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is someone refining some nightmare fuel in minecraft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc9x1e85L0w

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Cybrans yet live

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

OmniBeer posted:

You could try Create: Perfect World? It's not heavy- mostly all the Create add-ons, a bunch of decorative stuff, and some farming for a Vanilla + type of gameplay, but if you want Create and farming, it might work. Would just need to add TC/Heph or some other tool mod, because I think this one is strictly vanilla tools otherwise.

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/create-perfect-world

I ended up starting with this one and got a little house going near a generated village, so we'll see how it works out. I like it so far. Unfortunately neither TC (not on 1.20) nor Heph (on the wrong framework) work with it, but I can live with vanilla tools.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

SkyeAuroline posted:

I ended up starting with this one and got a little house going near a generated village, so we'll see how it works out. I like it so far. Unfortunately neither TC (not on 1.20) nor Heph (on the wrong framework) work with it, but I can live with vanilla tools.

Is Tetra available? As far as i understand, it's also better than vanilla tools.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I think Silent Gear is in 1.20/Forge, too, that's an option.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I think we really do need a Cursed Minecraft modpack and it needs this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izh0RLarM-Q

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think we really do need a Cursed Minecraft modpack and it needs this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izh0RLarM-Q

Sadly, that is not a mod, that's just a 3d animation mimicking minecraft.
Well, maybe part of it is in the minecraft engine but it's not a functional mod regardless.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 29, 2024

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

GTNH powergen question:

I'm currently powering my base with a pair of fluid nukes putting out a total of 50k eu/t. I'm pushing that up to 72k with some efficiency increases, but i'm concerned that won't be enough to get me all the way to fusion. what are my best options? i'm not a big fan of the massive parallelization route of (nitro)benzene. I was reading about the LFTR because it sounds cool and I like the IRL concept, but the chains for fuel production look brutally complicated on paper. Should I just crank out another nuke or two? vac nukes? crawl my way into a fusion reactor as is? maybe the LFTR isn't as insane as it looks? I've never been this far into the pack and am not sure what kind of demands fusion will put on my power.

assline is automated, just built my first LuV energy hatch. currently putting together the pieces for the precise assembler and hoping to start the naq line after.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hooplah posted:

GTNH powergen question:

I'm currently powering my base with a pair of fluid nukes putting out a total of 50k eu/t. I'm pushing that up to 72k with some efficiency increases, but i'm concerned that won't be enough to get me all the way to fusion. what are my best options? i'm not a big fan of the massive parallelization route of (nitro)benzene. I was reading about the LFTR because it sounds cool and I like the IRL concept, but the chains for fuel production look brutally complicated on paper. Should I just crank out another nuke or two? vac nukes? crawl my way into a fusion reactor as is? maybe the LFTR isn't as insane as it looks? I've never been this far into the pack and am not sure what kind of demands fusion will put on my power.

assline is automated, just built my first LuV energy hatch. currently putting together the pieces for the precise assembler and hoping to start the naq line after.

The LFTR is a massive trap. It has a huge production chain, and the first tier of fuel makes... 1A LuV per reactor. LFTR 1 is intentionally a joke for power, the intention is for it to mostly be for breeding fuel for LFTR 2. LFTR 2 fuel makes 1A ZPM per reactor and it's dependent on probabilistic yields so you can't guarantee any particular throughput.

You are against nitrobenzene, but unfortunately no matter what you choose, it's going to be a lot of horizontal scaling. Fluid nukes are going to add 36k EU/t per one you add, but each nitrobenzene setup (XLGT on fastmode) does 393,216 EU/t (with HSS-G blades, at LuV you have better options iirc.) If you're going to horizontally scale, you might as well choose the option that is an order of magnitude better.

Also you may be overestimating the amount of infrastructure. Here's a screenshot of my initial nitrobenzene buildout. I did this at the very beginning of IV with no autocrafting yet made.

At LuV you can probably afford a Tree Growth Simulator, which will be better at making wood than the farming station. The EIG is growing Sweed for oxygen.

Compare this to the platline I made on that map and you can see that it really is just a small amount of infra:

In terms of power required: fusion itself actually takes almost no power to run. However, making it is another story -- you need to make a shitload of HSS-S, ruridit, LuV superconductor base, and so on. You need to really give your EBFs all that you can (and upgrading to volcanus too is a good idea.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hmmm, fair enough. Nitrobenzene it is, then! It really is too bad, though. The rest of the pack is so good about giving you lots of tools to choose from to solve any particular problem, so I figured there was something i was missing re: LFTR. doubly sad given all the effort some dev obviously put into designing that line and all the quest text. when you lay out the numbers it's pretty jarring just how large the discrepancy is between various fission processes and nitrobenzene. it's just so ridiculously energy dense.

i was mostly meaning all the EBF-ing i'd have to do for fusion causing power strain, not the startup itself. I have one LuV-powered volcanus now, and a few regular EBFs but I'm loath to use the EBFs with how drat efficient the volcanus is. is it better to build more volcani or overclock the one i have to ZPM? i assume eventually I'll be doing both, but I don't mind shoving all my autocrafts into one machine and doing IRL stuff for a couple hours. those volcanus controllers and casings are annoying as hell to craft.

thanks!