Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
MineTweaker uses 'null' so seeing those require a space seems annoying to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Have you tried just sending them your BQ status save? I can't check 1.7 right now but in 1.12 at least it's a subfolder with a handful of .json that tracks it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Some days it's fun to remember the times of the Sacred Rubber Sapling and its terrifying server destroying powers.

For reference:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Mekanism can get super pissy with its configuration so make sure you're setting outputs/inputs correctly as it has separate tabs for liquids/gases/items/energy. And which fluid tank are you using? If it's Mekanism's try the configurator.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 17, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Does the collector crystal have a view of the sky? It also may just be a weak crystal so you'll have to wait ages.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

FPzero posted:

Well, like, Regrowth didn't technically block you through quest rewards, but it was structured in such a way that following the quests also progressed you along the modified tech paths the pack had put together. Basically, I'm looking for something where my progression loosely mirrors a quest book because it just helps me set short and long-term goals and stay focused on them. Agrarian Skies was another example of this from what I remember.

If you want to punch yourself in the dick in skyblock form then Project Ozone 3 set to 'Kappa' mode will keep you going for a long rear end time with a quest book that keeps you on a decent path.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

Compact Claustrophobia

Started this up and really enjoying the meta cube experience.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Easily the best part of Compact Machines and the only way to stay sane when getting lost in the nightmare maze of connections.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hit up archive.org for that link. It might still have the designs.

You don't even have to do that. Just click history at the top of the wiki page and you can see every former page layout.
This revision has the old designs

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Umbreon posted:

This one looks pretty decent so far. I prefer tech over magic, but if I can't find any tech oriented skyboxes then I think I'll go with this one instead

How new are you looking? If 1.12 is still in the range you're looking then Skyfactory 4 is tech-on-tech while PO3 is mostly tech with some magic (and multiple modes with different difficulties). Honorable mention to Omnifactory which is 100% tech focused with zero required combat or exploration. Engimatica 2: Expert Skyblock is also quite good.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Umbreon posted:

Hey, in that breakout modpack, how do I harvest leaves? I need them to make water

Shears harvest leaves as a vanilla mechanic.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
So I decided to tinker with GTNH and immediately got annoyed that the downloader for it didn't respect disabled jar mods at all. Ended up having to rip the entire thing out just to be able to remove infernal & special mobs. Not the best start.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I've been enjoying GTNH quite thoroughly with infernal mobs and blood moons turned off. The building challenge is more than enough for me.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I guess for that matter, I wonder what is a good pack for automation challenges. I did like, for example, the old Agrarian Skies challenges, but it did lean a lot on "install AE2, problem solved."

Project Ozone 3 on Kappa Mode required absolutely tons of automation through every single stage and ends with gross amounts of intermod requirements. It's high up there on the difficulty scale but also nowhere near GTNH. It's also balanced quite well towards shoving you into infinite resources rather early while leaving it open ended for faster / more efficient acquisition that lets you break through to the next tiers or mods so you always feel like you're going somewhere.

It's the only mod where I built a room covered floor, ceiling, walls, and columns throughout of interfaces and the absolute fastest possible ways to move resources because dealing with thousands of inputs/outputs per second was so hard on the system.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 13, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The most complete / recommended version is E2E or E2ES if you prefer skyblock. The others are just on various different minecraft versions and have different levels of completeness. 1.12 was one of the big versions that stuck around for a while in the modding scene.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 16, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It can be okay if there's actually a reason given to go there besides as a checklist. For Sevtech though it's definitely a get to space and declare victory

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

How did Seablock: Rustic Waters end up being? I gave it a shot when it was new, but the updates were coming so fast I kept having to restart after about an hour of play and eventually shelved it till it was more done. Did it turn out okay? Ever really "finished"? Is it actually fun?

It was okay. The gimmick just didn't particularly work well with the modset and once you had the seamoth (yes it had subnautica mod) there wasn't any challenge left with it outside of building new areas.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
You can also get lucky with a tinker's hammer from a King Slime spawner in the steam age. Whether this is worth it or not is up to debate but it was still fun to circumvent the modmakers not wanting you to be able to put down slime buckets for one :v:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Nothing besides being aesthetically pleasing if you're into that.

IIRC the quest even says it's useless except for being able to grind a few things you will probably never use it for.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Omnifactory is pretty close but Minecraft just isn't really optimized to have thousands of small machines. Why usually you just push for higher tiers of machines instead.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
IIRC the first few ages were decently thorough on what you needed to do but it still expected the player to know the mods and to know about things outside the advancement system.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Omnifactory is great just because it can be done on peaceful which makes it a chill experience.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
This reminded me to update to the newest nightly and it broke the texture pack somehow :shepicide:

E: It was just a problem with the version of foamfix they were using.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 22, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

queeb posted:

Wut, is there an omnifactory texture pack?

I just use Sphax and this addon for it: Here (Scroll down). It's very cartoony and not for everyone.

It's for the stable version but still has most of the textures for dev branch.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Omnifactory: The current dev branch is very good if you haven't picked it up yet. Bunch of updates since the last full release.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Early Omnifactory tip: Get a second range extender ASAP for the ore detector. They both stack with the extra range for the module that lets you search for specific blocks.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I made a custom version of the dome-cities-in-water preset for LC and it works really well aesthetically on peaceful. Although I did remove loot chests because it felt too cheaty and also had to disable the meteor spawns because it would cause massive lag flooding.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Ego Trip posted:

Can you share that? it sounds amazing and I'm thinking of restarting with the dev branch instead of picking up where I left off a year and a half ago.

https://pastebin.com/qpQYzcsD There you go. Just toss it in \config\lostcities
Make sure to also go into \config\AppliedEnergistics2\AppliedEnergistics2.cfg and flip B:MeteoriteWorldGen=false from true to false.

If you want to raise/lower the water then I:waterLevelOffset=8 will do it but too high and it'll lag hard.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Nope. The only tiering you'll get is for the cards you slot in.

E: Although apparently it's being added maybe eventually?

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 11, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It has been years since PO2 but in PO3 the best way was a single long line of crop sticks with a 3x wide pool of growth lilypads underneath the entire length. It would be 10/10/10 in a few minutes that way.

Personally my setup had 4 rows at 32 length each and 9 wide lilypads underneath it all. So stone-dirt-stone-dirt-stone-dirt-stone-dirt-stone. Super simple.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 20, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Vacuum Chests are cheap and easy early game for collection.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The Autobreakers can be made legitimately in OF as soon as you get aluminium from the Electric Blast Furnace. So pretty early.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The ever divisive sphax and its OF specific addon, Here

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
No idea. But if you're worried about stability it runs fine and updates don't break saves so no reason not to play.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Hexxit is a crazy blast from the past. Although thinking back on it all I can really remember is breeding chocobos and riding from prefab dungeon to prefab dungeon cheesing them for loot that didn't really matter.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Magres posted:

As well as what other folks have said, I've heard Gregtech isn't actually developed anymore by the Greg who was, by all reports, a complete piece of work. I think some other more reasonable people who liked the core concept of "lets make hellishly complicated machines because building things is fun" took over.

Yep, Greg's out but to his credit he gave everything to the community to do with as they willed. GT Community Edition was, afaik, completely rewritten and is now just GT-but-FUN*

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
HF isn't that bad as you get all the reactant chemicals from common minerals and all the MV machines should be able to be made with a stack of aluminum and a few processing circuits.

Nitro-Diesel otoh is a fun one for later circuits.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Looking through the mod list and it's really just a modernized update to original hexxit. Actually rather impressed.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It's always so easy to have a 2x2 set to accept a few stacks of whatever items that I keep dedicated machines for each and let it refill itself as they get used. Having to wait for things to refine/craft/whatever is just so boring and once you automate the circuits/processors it's a quick jump to automating everything.

Of course I'm also a lazy person who sets up a dump chest that automatically sorts most everything out into their nice, respective places :v:

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I do feel like a big problem with MC automation is that it can be a bit of a mental block envisioning massive interlinked machines all feeding together to build an end product. While this will eventually work for people who like to spreadsheet and map everything out for everyone else it can feel impossible, especially if it requires a ton of machines that make people feel like they have to have them all done before setting everything up. So to that I say: Embrace spaghetti and just automate basics whenever and wherever before sending pipes every which way to send it elsewhere instead of planning for bigger things in a centralized spot.