Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Are there any sort of angled or wedge blocks in All The Mods 6? I really loved them in FTB Revelations and want to be able to make my houses look smooth, but there's so many mods it's a nightmare sifting through all of them. If there isn't a mod that adds these blocks, is there one I can download that's compatible with 1.16.4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anyone got advice on how to branch out into other mods in the All The Mods 6 pack? For example, when I feel finished with MineColonies, how do I find another mod within the pack that clicks with me. The only solution I can think of is to trawl through the mod list and click each one to see what it adds / does, but there's an absolute metric fucktonne of them and that alone will take ages.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Devor posted:

I would check out this guy doing a play through of it - I think this is a link to the full play list, and they have helpful titles. So you could check out ones that sound interesting to you, look at the video for the gameplay a bit, and find a new mod to explore that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PR_HOlkok

Edit: that did not work. But you can go to his channel, and then find the playlist there

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClmdJ2bwqHjZONP9rIK7geA

So this playlist has been a lifesaver. Thanks a bunch. There's so many mods that I never would have even bothered with as they seemed stupid to me, but seeing someone actively work through them made me realise just how useful they can be (mainly the backpack and the rftool drill [I think?]). I also saw how to make the wireless crafting table + computer storage which is what I was trying to wrap my head around for the longest time.

Currently on ep13 and just going to keep trucking through them, really excited to hop back into my main save.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Do trees grow differently in different biomes? Sometimes I see oak trees with 4-block-width bases in forest biomes, but in other biomes they'll just be single logs. I've also noticed oaks grow taller / shorter depending on where they are but I don't know if this is an actual mechanic or if I'm imagining it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

So even if I go and plant the same trees in the biome, they won't grow the same? Cause I love oak trees that are 4-wide, just makes harvesting tonnes of wood much easier for MineColonies.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Where do I find that sapling? And what does it do, spawn a megahuge oak tree?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

What's the computer that has insanely massive storage and let's you pull stuff onto a crafting table within the computer, and also whilst you're away from the computer (with a little handheld wireless gadget)? I really want to make one but I completely forgot what it's called and ATM6 has so many different parts.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Finally got Refined Storage up and running and this computer makes life so much easier. It's not a chore anymore to craft stuff, I wish I'd made it sooner.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

What's up with Mekanism not meshing well? I've got a basic fluid tank filled with magma, a basic mechanical pipe (or whatever it's called) and a magmator for energy production. I wanted to have magma automatically feed into it so I don't have to keep using a bucket to fill it, but I can't get it to work. Even using the configurator to push (from the fluid tank) and pull (into the magmator). Am I doing something stupid or? The fluid tank has been placed two blocks above and the mechanical pipe connects to the bottom of it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Had push and pull mixed round, that sorted it. I'm starting to think using Mekanism piping is going to be a major pain in the rear end. Is there a pipe mod that you recommend? Cyclic cables? There's one that lets you ender transfer items using a block that has "point" in the name. You can just attach it to stuff and it teleports items across, but I can't remember which mod it's a part of.

And yeah, Mekanism is really prissy, and I can't seem to manage the input / outputs without a bunch of trial and error. Even using the configurator and rotate, I've got no idea which side is front / left / right without toying around with the outputs until I can figure out what side is what.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'd like to play some modded MC with my friend, does anyone have cheap servers they'd recommend? That way, either one of us can hop on and we don't need to deal with the annoying bullshit of having to host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

bawk posted:

I've officially graduated from having a few boilers sitting around for piecemal production, to a fully-functional creosote-powered boiler setup. I've also got all the parts I need to build a second low-pressure boiler to use up all of my charcoal that I'm putting together, but I'm saving that for another day when I don't feel quite so tired.

Apologies, which mod is this? And how do I get a sacred oak