Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Out with the old in with the new. We have been scrounging up clay sand and gravel for the starting smeltery for years now. The same microcrafting for storage systems. Setting up a dropper for charcoal onto flowers for magic juice.

Gimmie the gears and axles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The teens playing minecraft grew up with those weird youtuber higher resolution models, and it's those weird models that are animated in blender into the awkward teen smut they watch.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
A mod with the concept of not needing to go underground to the point you won't need stone for furnaces will have to address the typical minecraft instant step to stone tools. Eventually there's going to be mod tools for stone/iron/diamond tiers, but while living with stone tools it would be neat to have mechanics to avoid needing even those. Like befriending the spirit of a tree so it'll give you logs and tree drops without having to chop it down. Ground spirit that quickly eats dirt/sand/gravel blocks as a tool but has a sorta reverse durability as its fullness. Needs time digesting into a storage container before it'll dig more. Defensive spirits that invisibly harm hostile mobs in an area where you have been keeping them happy. Eventually you'll get the special spirit empowered mod tools to more directly interact with things.

And of course worldgen geysers to access youkai help from the palace of the earth spirits and their Subterranean Animism

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Slimy grass will spread like normal grass, so a few blocks of slimy grass around the tree planting zone should provide some slime grass if trees kill off their own growing surface.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I would be down for the buddycard mod if there was an actual card graphic to look at and not a vague pixel shape item

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It's really really cool to make a compact machine whose mechanical routing and item movement is done in a real slick way

It's also very difficult to tell just how big the eventual machine will be. I almost find myself spending too much time with an outline of my base floor plan in creative to make a schematic that works on a server

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It’s not a great solution, but building a glass dome over one’s island and letting bees free range in there is cute. From rfTools builder to some other mod that has a building template thing to some build guide mod that pack has i futzed with and found weird and awkward

Stop being cowards Modpacks, include Effortless Building

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

For farming crops, do you prefer to have mixed farms with the outputs getting sorted/filtered, or distinct patches for carrots, potatoes etc.?
In the earliest days of modding and item pipes I had a fantasy of having the outputs of everything going down one belt or vertical drop to the storage system. Centerpiece of a room seeing all this crap funneling through.

In actual gameplay I end up with separate storage for every machine for all its specific outputs. Nowadays with Create I’m a big fan of some kinda drawer mod locked to a specific item and upgraded to void excess, a Create funnel inputting into it from the side of a belt. Auto filter and void excess while seeing the early part of the belt full of all the farm outputs.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The minecolonies cave style is slick, though it assumes a maximum density of tunnels that may seem overly rigid for some folks. I kinda prefer to have a smaller style fit into a big cave like that. Dripstone Caves is neat, but also has some hard assumptions of how high up the stalactites are.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There is a certain appeal to having LoD renders distant chunk as a single block

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There is a fan version of A&B for newer versions called Cabin which tries to emulate the original the best it can despite several mods never updating to newer versions. Also makes some quality of life changes such as switching from brass/obsidian resource needs for trains to primarily gold. Ultimately still A&B with its automation quirks of bedrock cobblegen of andesite, needing clay and kelp to make bricks you combine with andesite for andesite alloy, and later mechanisms having some mildly complex assembly processes.

There’s a lightweight pack called Perfect World which focuses more on a vanilla+ experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
For the problems Twilight Forest has, being incomplete, gating biomes behind boss fights, and being old enough to enter grade school are less annoying to me than requiring you wear specific armor, taking away basic exploration tools like food and torches, and completely refusing to integrate with vanilla resources. Basic design decisions in TF like worldgen points of interest always happening on a grid reduces the hopeless wandering for specific dungeons I'll find myself doing in some of these dimension mods.