Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Most recently, we listened to a lot season one of Dungeons and Daddies and a friend decided she wanted to run a similar premise, where schoolkids transported to the Forgotten Realms discovered previously unknown abilities.

In the end we had an teenage emo [bard] whose name I forget, the school nurse [cleric] (the one exception to the children rule) who I called Nurse Benis and the name stuck, and a kid in jorts and 3 wolf shirts who does mall kung fu with Sifu Barry [my character, a monk].

We had a lot of fun fighting the Forgotten Realms doppelgangers of our bullies. I found a kung fu move name generator and every time I rolled an attack I called out a new one. The character was a huge dork in the real world and gained confidence in themselves and their abilities in Faerun as they levelled - eventually I lost my glasses and a speech impediment as a nod towards the monk's purity of body/soul progression, which was a fun little addition.

Unfortunately COVID struck and the game fell over a bit, but we all still laugh fondly and idly talk about picking it back up again (and then of course S2 of Dungeons and Daddies came out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU