Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I think Dak not being a Cowboy next season is even less likely than Watson getting traded to the Colts. No way Jerry lets Dak walk, especially this offseason.

That said... I definitely wouldn't hate having Dak here in Carolina

Jerry once had to be restrained to stop him drafting Johnny Football. He's also 78yrs old. He could for sure do some dumb poo poo.

I think its really unlikely he doesnt get tagged as a minimum though and he'd have to want to come to Carolina because teams could definitely out bid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

quote:

48. Andy Dalton, QB
Best fit: Denver Broncos

The Broncos are combing the available QBs in the carousel, and if they strike out on the big names, the next-best option is signing a veteran to push Drew Lock. Dalton provides flexibility in Denver, which can enter the year with Lock as the starter and have a capable player ready to play if Lock doesn't curb his turnover issues.
I am prepared

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1359887461942497286?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is pretty much a goodbye.

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1361747673871745028

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1362043635458596867

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 17, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Bye honey buns :(

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'd be very interested in the Colts looking into Miller. Does he have anything left in the tank?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

PFF (lol) saying Corey Davis to the Ravens would make sense but I don't see how

I guess the answer is PFF

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
He’s be a good fit there, he’s never gonna live up to his draft position but he’s very physical and makes other dudes better. Excellent blocker, good hands. Reminds me of anquan boldin. Dunno if he would fit with Lamar or not but as long as you aren’t counting on him to take games over I think he’s probably one of the best number two WRs out there

As far the money goes I have no idea, I don’t pay attention to that stuff.

Unrelated note but I will retire from watching football if jj watt signs with the Titans.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

thrilla in vanilla posted:

He’s be a good fit there, he’s never gonna live up to his draft position but he’s very physical and makes other dudes better. Excellent blocker, good hands. Reminds me of anquan boldin. Dunno if he would fit with Lamar or not but as long as you aren’t counting on him to take games over I think he’s probably one of the best number two WRs out there

As far the money goes I have no idea, I don’t pay attention to that stuff.

Unrelated note but I will retire from watching football if jj watt signs with the Titans.

You have a good point, the problem is the Ravens already have a physical receiver who is a very good blocker and fits the scheme (Miles Boykin), even if he's absolute trash on route running and catching. Davis would be a good upgrade but I don't think they need another WR2, they need someone who can be a playmaker. Granted this will be difficulty anyway since their cap space isn't big and there aren't many people who will be available (think guys like Golladay will be at worst tagged)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

For all those above reasons and more, Corey Davis seems like a WR who would be good in any system. Like an ideal “good #2 WR who can be had at a reasonable contract”

E: dang mystic posted before I finished my post. I was referencing the person above them.

But yeah David seems neat.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Strongly agree with both posts. As long as you aren’t expecting a dude who changes the game by himself I think he’s an upgrade on any non Vikings WR room

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

having a bunch of WR2s rules rear end

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

I'd be very interested in the Colts looking into Miller. Does he have anything left in the tank?

He is still very good but is coming off a season ending injury, and he has an injury history. I am pretty sure he'll have a good year for whatever team gets him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Cavauro posted:

having a bunch of WR2s rules rear end

Who is more Alpha, Tyler boyd or tee Higgins?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

You have a good point, the problem is the Ravens already have a physical receiver who is a very good blocker and fits the scheme (Miles Boykin), even if he's absolute trash on route running and catching. Davis would be a good upgrade but I don't think they need another WR2, they need someone who can be a playmaker. Granted this will be difficulty anyway since their cap space isn't big and there aren't many people who will be available (think guys like Golladay will be at worst tagged)

a better #2 could be something that can help turn someone like hollywood into a (serviceable) #1. give defenses someone else to key in on other than just andrews and brown all the time. we also definitely need to upgrade the hands; ravens have to be one of the worst teams in terms of contested catches and dropped passes (which hurts from an efficiency standpoint for how little we bother to throw anyway).

if the ravens can keep the run game going and upgrade the line, they only need to get slightly more efficient on pass plays to be a big threat offensively.

that's just me being realistic. of course, as a ravens fan, i also desperately want a goddamn julio jones or aj green or fitzgerald or any number of the insane wideout talents we never get to see until they're passed their prime.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Davis would make sense in Baltimore if he could be had for 3 mil a year. He can't be so let's not overpay a mediocrity. I'd rather run it back with Miles Boykin hoping for improvement than shell out big money in a limited cap year for slower, slightly better Miles Boykin.

What the Ravens really need need is a super dependable chain mover. Be that a sure handed TE, an over the middle slot WR, or a true #1 you go to when the chips are down. Just somebody that'll catch the ball on 3rd down.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Davis would make sense in Baltimore if he could be had for 3 mil a year. He can't be so let's not overpay a mediocrity. I'd rather run it back with Miles Boykin hoping for improvement than shell out big money in a limited cap year for slower, slightly better Miles Boykin.

What the Ravens really need need is a super dependable chain mover. Be that a sure handed TE, an over the middle slot WR, or a true #1 you go to when the chips are down. Just somebody that'll catch the ball on 3rd down.

go get allen robinson then

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He'd be the perfect fit on the field. Too drat expensive though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/06/tyler-boyd-warned-tee-higgins-play-injured-hamstring/

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Davis is not mediocrity, you bumbling fool!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Disagree

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Corey Davis is Hines Ward

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Wouldn’t mind Davis staying but you know the Jets or someone is going to overpay for him so I hope he gets paid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I know Allen Robinson doesn’t want to be in Chicago and all but the WR franchise tag is almost certainly going to be less than he’d receive on a AAV long term deal if he hit FA.

The Bears franchising him is a no-brainer. Same with Godwin or Golladay. Could be none of them hit the market.

Mega64 posted:

Wouldn’t mind Davis staying but you know the Jets or someone is going to overpay for him so I hope he gets paid.
And because all the good WRs will be tagged the middle class receivers are going to get paid.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Bears don't have the money to franchise Allen without making serious cuts, right?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If the cap was a concern of theirs they wouldn’t be shopping in the Carson Wentz aisle.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Diva Cupcake posted:

If the cap was a concern of theirs they wouldn’t be shopping in the Carson Wentz aisle.

Nobody ever told the Bears “cap” and “crap” aren’t the same thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Bears don't have the money to franchise Allen without making serious cuts, right?

They can restructure players like Mack, Quinn and Jackson to kick some money down the road, and I imagine that guys like Graham and Massie are candidates to be cut, so they'll definitely have the room, though it will be tight. Like everyone else, they're probably just waiting to see where the league sets the cap for this year, and it feels like with every passing week the rumored number gets a little lower.

The real question is whether or not Robinson would sign the franchise offer, and given that relations between him and the team seem to be pretty icy at the moment, I wouldn't imagine that's guaranteed in the slightest. I can't imagine he wants to break in yet another lovely quarterback after dealing with Trubisky and Foles for three years.

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 17, 2021

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
It feels like Jimmy Graham just kind of ran out of shits to give halfway through the season. I don’t know if he just doesn’t have what it takes left in the tank but the dude seemed to rarely make plays even when given the chance, bar that rad catch at the end of the season that didn’t matter.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I don't see Tee Higgins ever being a true number one receiver. He reminds me so much of Housh, the richest possible man's wide receiver number two and a poor man's wide receiver number one. Obviously I would love to be wrong and he's super young. if he ever figures out how to separate more reliably then he can absolutely be a number one, I just don't think he does it.

Tyler Boyd is the best slot receiver I've ever seen play football for the Bengals or anyone else.

Jesus, imagine Chase Higgins Boyd. Sitting here pouring cold water down the back of my neck and reminding myself how many playoff games we won with Ocho Housh Henry or Green Jones Sanu.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

3 million would be an increidble lowball for someone like davis. 8 mil would be something i would be comfortably paying him, even though that's probably still below is market value

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

3 million would be an increidble lowball for someone like davis. 8 mil would be something i would be comfortably paying him, even though that's probably still below is market value

8 million is half of all the Ravens cap money. They have one OLB on the roster. If we spend a huge portion of our limited resources on anyone it better be a player a hell of a lot better than Corey Davis.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Corey Davis is really good what are you going on about

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's cap-a-geddon. Some guys are going to end up on cheap 1 year deals.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Why is it not called the Cleat Sheet?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

8 million is half of all the Ravens cap money. They have one OLB on the roster. If we spend a huge portion of our limited resources on anyone it better be a player a hell of a lot better than Corey Davis.

theres diffrent ways you can distribute a $/year cap hit charge. 3 year 8mil/year would not necessarily mean an 8mil cap hit per year. and corey davis would absolutely be worth 8mil a year - this isn't 2010 even with the cap dropping

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think they could do a lot worse with their money, he’s a good player. He doesn’t really have any weak points to his game aside from maybe separation speed? But that’s what Hollywood is for.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens are about to pay Lamar and Andrews giant contracts. If they're smart they'll try to sign 2 of Bradley Bozeman, Deshaun Elliot, and Anthony Averett to some discounted extensions as well. We also have zero pass rushers on the roster so I assume some money will have to go there. We recently gave Humphrey and Stanley 100 million dollar deals. Cap space is going to be tight for us the next few years. Spending a large amount on a #2 WR seems like a bad idea.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s not “a large amount”. It’s a small piece of the cap and an extraordinary bargain for the quality of player.

Baltimore needs reliable pass catchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not saying Davis isn't worth 8 mil. I'm saying given who the Ravens need to pay and when it's a bad fit for Baltimore financially. I cannot stress enough that all 5 of the Ravens OLBs who were active in the playoffs are free agents. So pass rusher, center, and possibly even RT now are bigger priorities. I think we can fill the reliable pass catcher need cheaper with a #2 TE, slot WR, or one of 2 2nd year WRs who both were partially drafted for great hands.