Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Spring cleaning dead weight.

I had forgotten Sokratis existed for months there. Mustafi, too. How's Xhaka still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal are supposedly looking at terminating Mustafi’s contract. It’s amazing that Arsenal’s transfer dealings over the years have been so bad that they’re paying three players with starting XI sized contracts to just gently caress off.

Apparently the idea with Ozil and Mustafi at least was to just not play them in the hopes that being out of the team would so long would hinder their ability to find new clubs in the summer. And I guess it's working!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Spring cleaning dead weight.

I had forgotten Sokratis existed for months there. Mustafi, too. How's Xhaka still around?

I get the impression that managers actually see something in Xhaka. We’re now on three straight managers who inexplicably rate him.

Looking back, Arsenal only brought in Cech in 15/16 and spent 90m on nothing but Mustafi, Xhaka, and Lucas Perez in 2016/2017 so it’s not hard to see where it all went wrong.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Have you guys thought about staying true to form and picking up Alexis Sanchez?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
if anyone besides me cares Morgan Sanson to Villa is a done deal. He's a lot cheaper than what Marseille said they wanted for him over the summer, but opinions from French media seem to be a bit mixed on him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Odegaard to Arsenal on loan is also a done deal. I remember him being a wonder kid a couple years back but have no clue how good he is now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Odegaard to Arsenal on loan is also a done deal. I remember him being a wonder kid a couple years back but have no clue how good he is now.

He was really good last year. I caught a couple of La Real matches last year where he ran the show.

Also if Jovic's experience is anything to go by, Madrid is just loving these guys up by burying them on the bench, and they just need minutes.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

He had a really good season with Sociedad last year, but I think has never come close to cracking Madrid.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Man I had it in my head that Odegaard was still like 19. dude been on some loans

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic right back Jeremie Frimpong to Bayer Leverkusen for about £11 million is a done deal

Well liked by Celtic fans, toiled this year but so did literally all of our players. With good coaching he could go on to be a good player, as of right now he's got too little final produce that we can turn down that money.

I think Man City get about 30% of the fee for him, too.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Arsenal’s video package was awesome showing him signing with Madrid at 16 then his various loans culminating with Arsenal. Some good exposure for Vitesse Arnhem in there.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Lingard to West Ham on loan is a done deal:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1354881408620253186

My feelings already summed up by Fake Carlton Cole:

https://twitter.com/_CarltonCole9/status/1353782507657973760

This fills up the domestic loan slot freed by West Ham activating the "to buy" bit of the Benrahma loan to buy deal after whatever the thing with his blood was apparently cleared up (I have my own theories about that but lol UK libel laws). Rumour is they'll do the same thing with Greatest Living Centre Back Craig Dawson too in order to free up the other slot in order to bring in a forward on yet another loan-to-buy deal.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lingard to West Ham on loan is a done deal:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1354881408620253186

My feelings already summed up by Fake Carlton Cole:

https://twitter.com/_CarltonCole9/status/1353782507657973760

This fills up the domestic loan slot freed by West Ham activating the "to buy" bit of the Benrahma loan to buy deal after whatever the thing with his blood was apparently cleared up (I have my own theories about that but lol UK libel laws). Rumour is they'll do the same thing with Greatest Living Centre Back Craig Dawson too in order to free up the other slot in order to bring in a forward on yet another loan-to-buy deal.

Uh this isn’t on the official Man Utd or West Ham Twitter. This post is bold and he ain’t sold. MODS

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Alan Irvine, tears in his eyes: "David! You can't just keep turning average, misfiring wingers into goal machines"

Moyes: "haha wide man go middle"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
what is wrong with his veins...?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

oliwan posted:

They’re coursing with power?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Alan Irvine, tears in his eyes: "David! You can't just keep turning average, misfiring wingers into goal machines"

Moyes: "haha wide man go middle"

:sickos:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe it's the lighting but his beard looks uneven

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WestHam/status/1355089552512225282?s=19

They completed the permanent signing of Benrahma to free up a loan spot for Lingard

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1354793769330212866

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

oliwan posted:

Nothing

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Bundy posted:

Nothing

They are oddly prominent. It’s clearly an HDR photo that’s been tweaked further, his face looks weird too.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds haven't signed anyone, but it's very cool to go through a winter window and not see every good player immediately sprinting out the door as soon as the window opens

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

Maybe it's the lighting but his beard looks uneven

Bit generous calling that a beard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bruce has said he wants to sign hamza Choudhury. not sure yet anotehr defensive midfielder is what newcastle need

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

wooger posted:

They are oddly prominent. It’s clearly an HDR photo that’s been tweaked further, his face looks weird too.

An extremely vascular physique is probably a bit foreign to most goons, yes

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Uh this isn’t on the official Man Utd or West Ham Twitter. This post is bold and he ain’t sold. MODS

loving brainfarted on the email I read that was confirming Benrahma's move to free up the slot for him, and I unreservedly apologise for the harm I have caused this fine thread.

(Weirdly he was supposed to have his medical and be signed by 1200 so he could be in the squad for Sunday's game but suddenly it's all gone very quiet, Moyes said at 1300 that he was still in the medical and still no official announcement)

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 29, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

loving brainfarted on the email I read that was confirming Benrahma's move to free up the slot for him, and I unreservedly apologise for the harm I have caused this fine thread.

(Weirdly he was supposed to have his medical and be signed by 1200 so he could be in the squad for Sunday's game but suddenly it's all gone very quiet, Moyes said at 1300 that he was still in the medical and still no official announcement)

I’m glad you’re aware of the mistake and owning it, unlike certain fail moderators who had to be shamed into accepting their fate

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Liverpool are apparently looking at bringing US international and current New York Red Bull central defender Aaron Long in on loan.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol @ "vascular physique :smuggo:"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Post ur tight body itt oliwan

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

https://twitter.com/WestHam/status/1355269487889698822?s=20

JLingz to West Ham on loan is a done deal

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
London is better for fashion designers anyways.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eric Cantonese posted:

London is better for fashion designers anyways.

Plenty of Primarks in London

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
sounds like liverpool might actually sign a CB, one of the many ben davies-es

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

paddyboat posted:

sounds like liverpool might actually sign a CB, one of the many ben davies-es

He was meant to be signing for Celtic before Liverpool swooped in :negative:

paddyboat