Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all forgot to make a thread.

N:

V:

Football

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I unbanned you, friend. Sorry about your tag usage.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I posted this in the last thread but I still find it fascinating

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go Saints
Go Browns
Go Bills

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Can you edit Kamra to Kamara?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Reban him, do not edit thread title, keep the self owns for all to see. puppy bowl cancelled due to covid. Go bucs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Phobeste posted:

Reban him, do not edit thread title, keep the self owns for all to see. puppy bowl cancelled due to covid.

This, the thread is cursed now and must be banished to the shadow realm

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Phobeste posted:

Reban him, do not edit thread title, keep the self owns for all to see. puppy bowl cancelled due to covid. Go bucs

I left the "user was autobanned" message, isn't that enough

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A shameful start to wildcard week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
lmao playoff energy is here

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

AndrewP posted:

I posted this in the last thread but I still find it fascinating

This wasn't all Jordan Palmer but I believe he was the one who convinced Josh his throwing mechanics were a damned mess. Josh went to an offseason program that used motion capture to record his throwing mechanics and compare them to what they should be. He then put in a lot of work fixing those problems. Combine that with his physical talents, a 3rd year in Daboll's system and a fantastic pool of receivers to throw to and you get thrown in to the mvp race. I'd still give mvp to Aaron because holy poo poo but Josh even being in the discussion is a huge testament to the work he's put in improving his play.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Puppy Bowl died so that others may post

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remember when I was such a homer that I convinced myself Todd Haley was a good coach.

That's why I'm not going to call out Doltos this week

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

kiimo posted:

I remember when I was such a homer that I convinced myself Todd Haley was a good coach.

That's why I'm not going to call out Doltos this week

Daltos is a good lad who means well

I mean, kinda

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Y'all forgot to make a thread.

N:

V:

Football

🤣🤣🤣🤣

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Phobeste posted:

lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Uh oh stinky

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Imo someone named the puppy bowl should be immune to probes/bans during the postseason.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Should be a fun week of competitive gridiron conflict before the inevitability of the Chiefs washes all over these scrubs.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Sunday Morning posted:

This wasn't all Jordan Palmer but I believe he was the one who convinced Josh his throwing mechanics were a damned mess. Josh went to an offseason program that used motion capture to record his throwing mechanics and compare them to what they should be. He then put in a lot of work fixing those problems. Combine that with his physical talents, a 3rd year in Daboll's system and a fantastic pool of receivers to throw to and you get thrown in to the mvp race. I'd still give mvp to Aaron because holy poo poo but Josh even being in the discussion is a huge testament to the work he's put in improving his play.

I honestly want to say this is one of the first times I've heard of someone rebuilding their throwing motion and it actually working.

In the past its either been A.) Rebuild and its not much of a change (Tebow) B.) Bad and it can't be fixed (Delhomme) or C.) Bad but the player is good enough that it doesn't matter (Rodgers, Rivers, Favre)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oof the Tua of threads

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Getting Diggs did a lot for Allen.

That being said, I want to see a lot more before I am a believer. The overall body of work is just too lovely for this to be the new norm now

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I honestly want to say this is one of the first times I've heard of someone rebuilding their throwing motion and it actually working.

In the past its either been A.) Rebuild and its not much of a change (Tebow) B.) Bad and it can't be fixed (Delhomme) or C.) Bad but the player is good enough that it doesn't matter (Rodgers, Rivers, Favre)

Mahomes and Rodgers both had terrible mechanics coming out of college

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Jordan was on a lot of local media here because of Joe burrow and because he's a former Bengal. He's mentioned before that multiple teams have offered to make him members of staff but it makes way more financial and quality of life sense to basically be a free agent. Dude's reputation nowadays is unbelievable, he can basically pick his clients before they even show interest.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

D-LINK posted:

Mahomes and Rodgers both had terrible mechanics coming out of college

They still do :shh:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1346506627239845888

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jordan Palmer also coaches fellow AFCe luminaries Sam Darnold and Jared Stidham. :colbert:

I just remember him from the poop movie app he was pitching in Hard Knocks back in 08-09.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Its okay puppy we are all so excited for the playoffs.

AndrewP posted:

Allen pr0n

I think fsif had posted an interview or something that Allen literally didn't know "touch" in football passes was actually a thing and that he was just supposed to throw it really hard. I didn't think it was true at the time but I'm starting to wonder. I just couldn't imagine Wyoming coaches wouldn't tell him that he doesn't need to collapse a star every time he throws.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phobeste posted:

I mean, kinda

Yeah, I can see Daltos as New Jersey Pissflaps.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

pasaluki posted:

I think fsif had posted an interview or something that Allen literally didn't know "touch" in football passes was actually a thing and that he was just supposed to throw it really hard. I didn't think it was true at the time but I'm starting to wonder. I just couldn't imagine Wyoming coaches wouldn't tell him that he doesn't need to collapse a star every time he throws.

This sounds like a Favre thing

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Should be a fun week of competitive gridiron conflict before the inevitability of the Chiefs washes all over these scrubs.

Actually I'll have you know that the Chiefs are in fact the 9th best team in the NFL and the Bills are the 11th

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1346517076983369729?s=21

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns Playoffs Status: Everyone has Covid including coaches.

Go Browns, go Bills, go Titans

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

"Touch" is for video games and gynecologists

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

yikes

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i hope my friends, the browns and bills do well

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
And that's the undersized 3rd string guard

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1346561610471649282?s=20

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Disappointed about Joel Bitonio missing this game. Really need that OLine to be at full strength.

And then our head coach too. Man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mr. Nice! posted:

New Jersey Pissflaps.

I'd buy this jersey.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Gatts posted:

Disappointed about Joel Bitonio missing this game. Really need that OLine to be at full strength.

And then our head coach too. Man.

Stefanski calls the plays, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

AndrewP posted:

Stefanski calls the plays, right?

Yeah I think so. Our special teams coach apparently may take over