Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

STEM people are good at trivia contests and writing logic loops and really really really loving bad at things like human interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kalli posted:

STEM people are good at trivia contests and writing logic loops and really really really loving bad at things like human interaction.

I can attest to this.

Edit: actually I’m terrible at trivia

latinotwink1997 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 11, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

latinotwink1997 posted:

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth? (Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks. They are probably bad at their jobs too). Hell, the rioting is due to a bunch of people believing what a politician says is true and not being informed about it.

lol

STEM people: we believe in evidence and facts based analysis and don’t fall for clearly fabricated narratives

Also STEM people: Elon Musk is real life Tony Stark and the smartest man alive and we will go to Mars in two years and also Tesla really is more valuable than every other car manufacturer in the world combined.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

latinotwink1997 posted:

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth?

ahahaha stop stop stop cmon

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The real truth is that your education doesn’t make you more or less smart and your average engineer is as smart (or dumb) as your average car salesman or whatever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

ahahaha stop stop stop cmon

Imagine believing that after trying to explain to one how a bug in their code occurs.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also STEM people: Elon Musk is real life Tony Stark and the smartest man alive and we will go to Mars in two years and also Tesla really is more valuable than every other car manufacturer in the world combined.

I thought that was WSB? I think that company is a farce.

Kalli posted:

Imagine believing that after trying to explain to one how a bug in their code occurs.

Software engineers are another breed altogether. I don’t understand them at all but need them to make my stuff work.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

latinotwink1997 posted:

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth? (Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks. They are probably bad at their jobs too). Hell, the rioting is due to a bunch of people believing what a politician says is true and not being informed about it.

Do you know how many first page of Google search results stemlords have handed me to show that they are right and I am wrong about *my job*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It wouldn’t be on the first page if it wasn’t good, checkmate

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1348415908788764673

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

Do you know how many first page of Google search results stemlords have handed me to show that they are right and I am wrong about *my job*

Ah, I see you have met an architect

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Spoeank posted:

latinotwink1997 posted:

Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks.

First I guess you’d have to prove to me you aren’t wrong at your job for me to take this seriously. And then show that clearly all the poli sci/art/economics/law/etc majors you work with never do this.

This has clearly gone off topic enough. I guess all engineers are chud’s, w/e.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

For being another loser?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

e: ok nvm

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 11, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

latinotwink1997 posted:

First I guess you’d have to prove to me you aren’t wrong at your job for me to take this seriously. And then show that clearly all the poli sci/art/economics/law/etc majors you work with never do this.

This has clearly gone off topic enough. I guess all engineers are chud’s, w/e.

See now I don't believe you're an engineer, because you had the social intelligence to recognize a losing argument

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'm saying that Tua + 3 1's is a no brainer for the Dolphins.

That’s not at all what your reply said

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GD_American posted:

See now I don't believe you're an engineer, because you had the social intelligence to recognize a losing argument

Rofl

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Magicpants posted:

you kidding me, I'd take that in a heartbeat. half a heartbeat. 1/16 of a heartbeat

#3 + #18 + Tua + that contract is enough capital. Plus Deshaun has preference for Miami.

You don’t go higher than that if I’m Miami. It’s possible San Fran outbids us but I’m really doubtful.

Guess we’ll see!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

#3 + #18 + Tua + that contract is enough capital. Plus Deshaun has preference for Miami.

You don’t go higher than that if I’m Miami. It’s possible San Fran outbids us but I’m really doubtful.

Guess we’ll see!

I could see Miami throwing in some midround picks, like one of the four 6th rounders they have this year and anything after a 2nd next year if it got them over the hump, but not a whole lot or a bunch of future 1st rounders like some have suggested.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I could see Miami throwing in some midround picks, like one of the four 6th rounders they have this year and anything after a 2nd next year if it got them over the hump, but not a whole lot or a bunch of future 1st rounders like some have suggested.

I’d be easily open to that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I too believe the Texans should send Watson to Miami for a bad quarterback and a couple sticks of gum.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Not only would accepting that medal now be absolutely despicable but I legitimately can’t see how doing so wouldn’t cause him to lose the lockeroom for all time. There are many very outspoken players on the team who wouldn’t be able to stand with this. And that’s probably true on every team.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Is there a Wild Card aftermath thread? Because that Bears/Saints game on Nick was some of the best announcing for the worst game.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not only would accepting that medal now be absolutely despicable but I legitimately can’t see how doing so wouldn’t cause him to lose the lockeroom for all time. There are many very outspoken players on the team who wouldn’t be able to stand with this. And that’s probably true on every team.

How is there not some sort of committee that confirms who does/doesn’t deserve the medal? Just having the president assigning them all willy nilly is stupid as hell and lacks any real meaning even if it wasn’t tromp.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

Is there a Wild Card aftermath thread? Because that Bears/Saints game on Nick was some of the best announcing for the worst game.

Yeah, I would like to see this become a semi regular thing. Maybe a couple games a year or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Android Apocalypse posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3954919

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
No, bad San Francisco don't you send Jimmy to Houston

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

latinotwink1997 posted:

How is there not some sort of committee that confirms who does/doesn’t deserve the medal? Just having the president assigning them all willy nilly is stupid as hell and lacks any real meaning even if it wasn’t tromp.

A lot of real poo poo people have gotten that medal. It’s basically worthless.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I know it's LaCanfora but I just got shivers thinking about DeShaun on the 49ers

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hm. Watson actually is cheaper than I thought

<<Because the Texans paid Watson a $27 million signing bonus last year the cost is very affordable. A team would be on the hook for $10.54 million in 2021, $35 million in 2022, $37 million in 2023, and $32 million in 2024 and in 2025. The average cost would be just $29.3 million per year which is way under the market for quarterbacks so it would be a bargain bin contract compared to Watson’s talent level.>>

Man i don’t know. That’s a healthy amount of savings. But so much stress on the 2nd and 3rd round playmakers to pan out. But Watson.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Plotting a violent coup is one thing but this is by far the worst thing Trump has done.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

latinotwink1997 posted:

Hey man this sucks and is proving the point lol

gently caress it let's go

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
STEM people are the Adam Gase of the post-secondary educated

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Every STEMlord ever: I am very good at my advanced version of 2 + 2, good enough in fact that I've been able to prove that (fill in technocratic social idea that is equal parts stupid and horrifying)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/kurt13warner/status/1348386784187621377?s=21

Do the Nick broadcast more

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

That kid is like 40

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Is that his legally blind son?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

oh wait his kid has special needs or something

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Hey man this sucks and is proving the point lol

You really are a loving joke, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GD_American posted:

Is that his legally blind son?

I just looked it up - kid was blinded and brain damaged when his biological father dropped him.

that is terrible.