Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Cam Heyward rn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Welcome playoff posters

~with arms wide open~

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gatts posted:

Yeah I think so. Our special teams coach apparently may take over

Stefanski calls plays, yes. Special teams coach will be HC, OC Alex Van Pelt will call plays.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Are there any rules about the coach communicating with people on the sidelines if he is not at the game? I swear I read somewhere it’s not allowed but just making sure.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Welcome playoff posters

~with arms wide open~

Shaka, when the Bucs fell

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

jase1 posted:

Are there any rules about the coach communicating with people on the sidelines if he is not at the game? I swear I read somewhere it’s not allowed but just making sure.

There are rules about 'electronic signals' or something like that? Anyway yeah you're not supposed to do it, I remember a Browns GM got in trouble for sending text messages to the sideline or something silly.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kinda weird how an HC couldn't sit at home and call plays. Although I guess there'd be delays and poo poo with what he's seeing?
Setting aside the whole electronic communications thing, of course.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Kinda weird how an HC couldn't sit at home and call plays. Although I guess there'd be delays and poo poo with what he's seeing?
Setting aside the whole electronic communications thing, of course.

It'd be theoretically safe if he had a closed box to himself to communicate, but that's against the rules.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I remember back in the early 2000s after Mike Martz had a heart attack he was watching the Rams from home and tried calling in a play call from home and the team President at the time told him to stop calling and hung up on him and that was the moment he knew he was fired.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Like could you put him in an enclosed glass booth on wheels at the stadium or something? Just roll him around and he communicates through a speaker or whatever

Like a Pope mobile?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gatts posted:

Like could you put him in an enclosed glass booth on wheels at the stadium or something? Just roll him around and he communicates through a speaker or whatever

Like a Pope mobile?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

lmao playoff energy is here

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Still laughing online about a non-newb getting torched by the "hot" thread tag

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

the safe choice is to ignore the very specific warnings about which tags to avoid but also to never create threads, as I have done

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'd like to assure all the non-regulars that puppy bowl is not representative of all Ravens posters. Most of us are much, much worse.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Fifty Three posted:

the safe choice is to ignore the very specific warnings about which tags to avoid but also to never create threads, as I have done

Just post, never create

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd buy this jersey.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:smith:

kiimo posted:

Actually I'll have you know that the Chiefs are in fact the 9th best team in the NFL and the Bills are the 11th

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1346517076983369729?s=21

We are going to lose even more embarrassingly than previously

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1346597822771195904?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Aw I missed The Puppy Bowl autoban shenanigans. Was it because they used the "Hot" tag or another tag?

Shame about the Browns, though. It's going to be a joyless game watching Baker get crushed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kiimo posted:

Actually I'll have you know that the Chiefs are in fact the 9th best team in the NFL and the Bills are the 11th

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1346517076983369729?s=21

I'm gonna complete this idiots life!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints gonna get blown out now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

D-LINK posted:

Still laughing online about a non-newb getting torched by the "hot" thread tag

don't ever look at my rap sheet please

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jordan Palmer is having one hell of a come-up from being the RunPee guy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Alternatively, since everyone is expecting them to lose in the first round, the Saints are going to stomp through everyone en route to their second Super Bowl where they will beat Kansas City. Alvin Kamara will win SB MVP, Brees retires a champ and heads to NBC, and New Orleans has many unofficial parades since all the official Mardi Gras ones will be canceled.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I remember when I was such a homer that I convinced myself Todd Haley was a good coach.

That's why I'm not going to call out Doltos this week

Joe Judge is a good coach, Gettleman is a good GM, most teams can't succeed without a great QB, most of TFF is stupid, news at 11

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Joe Judge is a good coach, Gettleman is a good GM, most teams can't succeed without a great QB, most of TFF is stupid, news at 11

the bears made the playoffs with mitch trubisky

judge and gettleman are bad

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

the bears made the playoffs with mitch trubisky

judge and gettleman are bad

Jones was worse than Trubisky this year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

Jones was worse than Trubisky this year

You can't draft a QB 6 overall who is worse that Trubisky and be considered a great GM. He also had his pick of all 4 tackles in this year's draft and drafted the worst one.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 6, 2021

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Alternatively, since everyone is expecting them to lose in the first round, the Saints are going to stomp through everyone en route to their second Super Bowl where they will beat Kansas City. Alvin Kamara will win SB MVP, Brees retires a champ and heads to NBC, and New Orleans has many unofficial parades since all the official Mardi Gras ones will be canceled.

This is probably what's going to happen and it makes me ill.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Probably 5 guys getting in like usual. Manning and Woodson are automatic and you probably do one of the three Johnson/Wayne/Holt WRs. I think Calvin Johnson was the best of the three but Holt has been waiting his turn for years. Faneca versus Boselli for a OL representative, then the rest of the defensive players hash it out for the 5th spot? Leroy Butler was excellent but if they're doing Woodson, would they do two Green Bay DBs in a year? Zach Thomas probably gets serious consideration. Jared Allen will likely get in eventually but it's his first year up and they might make him wait one. There's a ton of great pass rushers and DEs coming down the pipeline soon though, Allen and Seymour are already in consideration and DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers, and James Harrison will all be considered in the next few years.

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 6, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: oops you got there first.

I don't know if Gettleman should be fired, I do know that the burden of proof is on Daltos here because...well...*points in the general direction of New York and standings and such*

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Silly Burrito posted:

Shaka, when the Bucs fell

That was a metaphor for despair so it should be “Shaka, when the Browns fell”

Ain’t nobody losing sleep over Brady eating poo poo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Hot take: Zach Thomas wasn’t very good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm working on a HOF thread so we can argue about it over there, should be up soon

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
The Bears will absolutely not beat the Saints, any Bears fan will tell you this

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Whoa there Icarus, eventually you'll have to play outdoors

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

D-LINK posted:

Whoa there Icarus, eventually you'll have to play outdoors

So will the other team, I assume :shrug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HOF thread up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3954277

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

*points in the general direction of New York and standings and such*

doltos isn't a stats and numbers kinda guy