Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Getting Diggs did a lot for Allen.

That being said, I want to see a lot more before I am a believer. The overall body of work is just too lovely for this to be the new norm now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

It was 2004, so everyone was absurdly efficient, but yeah, Ben's thing as a rookie was that he could just complete 15 yard passes at will, then they'd get into the red zone and Bettis would rush 7 consecutive times to eventually maybe score.

Or fumble at the 1

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Watson is way better than Josh Allen and Lamar

Seattle and KC, maybe GB but Rodgers is old and they did draft Jordan love lol

I want to say San Diego cause I love Justin Herbert but I know I shouldn't yet lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The Pats best player is literally their punter and I'm not exaggerating

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

RIP Tim Jomsula

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Today:

Colts
Seahawks
WFT upset

I'm prepared for all three of these to be wrong

Sunday:
TEN
NO
PIT

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

My brain says Tampa should have no problem with WFT but they also are exactly the kind of team tampa played down to during the regular season like the Giants and Bears. They are better than the bum teams that they feasted on at the end of the year like Detroit

They are either going to:
get blown out
Lose like 21-9 cause all they can do is kick field goals
Eek out a sloppy win by a few points because the Bucs do Bucs things and have dumb penalties and turn the ball over while Brady gets harassed by Young all game.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

It isn’t hard to figure out, either. NFL players are in the highest marginal tax bracket because they can’t really shelter their income like actual rich people. When your effective tax rate is near the top of the highest marginal rate, you’re going to vote for people who say they’re lowering your taxes versus those who ostensibly want to raise it.

They never probe any deeper than their pocketbook because they’re too busy thinking/living/breathing football all the rest of the time.

If regular people don't like taxes, then athletes who get taxed a TON definitely don't like taxes. Voting republican doesn't mean you like Trump either

Athletes get boned pretty good compared to your standard rich people cause every state comes calling for a cut of their game check, agents cut, then you get into stupid poo poo like NBA and NHL escrow. Regular rich people can use all the creative accounting they want

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Papercut posted:

Watson will come to the Niners and in exchange Houston can have a very handsome man

No, Handsome Man is going back to New England :allears:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If Caserio really liked Tua that probably says a lot about how good he is going to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

No, bad San Francisco don't you send Jimmy to Houston