Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Bird in a Blender posted:

A white, QB, engineering student is a chud? I’m shocked!

What does being an engineer have to do with it? I’d usually expect people with more science based careers to be more well informed. And as an engineer and chud/tromp hater myself, I resent this association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I don't know where you got the idea that being good at science and math also means being well informed on social issues. Book smarts doesn't always equal street smarts.

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth? (Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks. They are probably bad at their jobs too). Hell, the rioting is due to a bunch of people believing what a politician says is true and not being informed about it.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Metapod posted:

Correct most stem people are bad at their jobs

I think you could make that argument for any profession.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Kalli posted:

STEM people are good at trivia contests and writing logic loops and really really really loving bad at things like human interaction.

I can attest to this.

Edit: actually I’m terrible at trivia

latinotwink1997 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 11, 2021

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also STEM people: Elon Musk is real life Tony Stark and the smartest man alive and we will go to Mars in two years and also Tesla really is more valuable than every other car manufacturer in the world combined.

I thought that was WSB? I think that company is a farce.

Kalli posted:

Imagine believing that after trying to explain to one how a bug in their code occurs.

Software engineers are another breed altogether. I don’t understand them at all but need them to make my stuff work.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Do you know how many first page of Google search results stemlords have handed me to show that they are right and I am wrong about *my job*

latinotwink1997 posted:

Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks.

First I guess you’d have to prove to me you aren’t wrong at your job for me to take this seriously. And then show that clearly all the poli sci/art/economics/law/etc majors you work with never do this.

This has clearly gone off topic enough. I guess all engineers are chud’s, w/e.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not only would accepting that medal now be absolutely despicable but I legitimately can’t see how doing so wouldn’t cause him to lose the lockeroom for all time. There are many very outspoken players on the team who wouldn’t be able to stand with this. And that’s probably true on every team.

How is there not some sort of committee that confirms who does/doesn’t deserve the medal? Just having the president assigning them all willy nilly is stupid as hell and lacks any real meaning even if it wasn’t tromp.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Hey man this sucks and is proving the point lol

You really are a loving joke, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m glad to have contributed to one of them at least.

Question: is your penis actually gray?