Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gettleman is a terrible gm because hes all about the body and potential and not about what's on film or between the ears and that ends badly. Quite often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I feel iffy calling John Lynch a good GM and he built a super bowl team from scratch in 3 seasons.

He at least seems to be really good at finding players to fit the systems that his coaches run which in and of itself is pretty impressive. I know all GMs to this to an extent (well the ones that don't suck) but he and Shanahan kind of seem to just keep pulling guys they can plug in out of anywhere. That team was pretty loving dire too before he was hired. I'd definitely call him good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

it's amazing how much coaching and GM talent the Panthers let walk out the door.

Letting Beane go was the dumbest poo poo we did.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sheen Sheen posted:

As a Bills fan it is a loving trip to hear people saying this about Buffalo Bills front office personnel, I never thought I would live to see the day

Beane was always apparently headed for big things. The team just waited too long.

gently caress knows who they'll hire now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

Name the last franchise QB that didn't re-sign with his team before his rookie contract expired. Kirk Cousins is the only one I could think of.

Also didn't Watson re-sign when they had won their division and hadn't yet traded their franchise left tackle and Hopkins?

BoB for sure sucks but at the time it wasn't... terrible?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Man that one Foles year with Chip though.

Foles has had such a bizarrely memorable career for a guy who's really pretty bad most of the time. But not all of it, and the parts where he wasn't bad he was really damned good.

I had a thread idea today for like. The best player ever who sucks and it might just be Foles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I believe in Taylor henickwhatever