Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

It was 2004, so everyone was absurdly efficient, but yeah, Ben's thing as a rookie was that he could just complete 15 yard passes at will, then they'd get into the red zone and Bettis would rush 7 consecutive times to eventually maybe score.

Also because of how good their defense and running game were, Ben threw a lot less than other QB. IIRC, I want to say his record in games where he had 25 or more pass attempts his first few years was atrocious until Santonio Holmes started showing up around 2008 and their second run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I thought for years that DVOA was a sex thing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nick Jr. Face posted:

He was traded that season too wasn't he? Makes sense why if he was.

Nah, he was traded by Parcells in 2008 when they were blowing up the team after Cam Cameron.

I can't find it at the moment, but I recall an article years ago about how apparently how during Zach Thomas' peak years, Miami was known for basically crediting him with a tackle or assist anytime a defender went down within five yards of him. They, and also Baltimore during the Ray Lewis years, were giving out a ton more tackles to their players than other teams. On the other side a few teams were known for being a lot more stringent with crediting tackles or assists, I recall the then-St. Louis Rams and Seattle being specifically mentioned where their guys were getting credited for lot less.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

Peak tippy top tier username + post combo

:piss:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Jake Bailey All Pro Punter.

in Belichick's eyes this season was a huge success.

Tears of joy not seen since the days of L.T., Mark Bavaro, and Sean Landeta.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

Never been more comfortable in a playoff prediction than I am in that the Bucs are going to wax the WFT.

I find your lack of faith in NFC East clownball disturbing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

mitch watching the last dance and then partying in vegas with dennis rodman before somehow waking up in north korea as the starting quarterback of the "pyongyang cowboys"

Don't forget massive gambling debts!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I hope Houston trades Watson for minimal gain and they go 2-14 the next two years while Watson wins an MVP in Miami or wherever.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/1348389853889761283

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

#3 + #18 + Tua + that contract is enough capital. Plus Deshaun has preference for Miami.

You don’t go higher than that if I’m Miami. It’s possible San Fran outbids us but I’m really doubtful.

Guess we’ll see!

I could see Miami throwing in some midround picks, like one of the four 6th rounders they have this year and anything after a 2nd next year if it got them over the hump, but not a whole lot or a bunch of future 1st rounders like some have suggested.