Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oof the Tua of threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

DVOA is stupid

It is but Marino's rookie season was the best we've ever seen. Herbert was solid and all but it was a different era and Marino still dominated.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Oh agreed. DVOA just sucks in general

It’s confusing beyond belief.

I can’t stand that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Hot take: Zach Thomas wasn’t very good

I guess if you, ya know, ignore the mental part of defense. He was Peyton Manning level of defensive audibles and was even recognized as such by the man himself.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Peyton Manning also said Adam Gase was one of the best offensive minds he’s ever worked with and got him the HC job with Miami so he might not be the best judge of character.

That was chris Johnson and the Jets. So whiff there.

And it’s not really a comparable situation. One was his friend and coach. The other was a direct competitor that he randomly brought up when he was discussing his most notable opponents at linebacker. Whiff number two.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Your entire argument is a whiff. Zach Thomas looked and had the physical abilities of a hobbit, he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame because Peyton Manning complimented him one time lol

No, you’re right, the anecdote isn’t evidence enough. And it wasn’t presented as such. He belongs there because of the impact he had on the game wrt to MLBs calling defensive audibles and as well as the playing awards he won. Hell be a late ballot but he definitely belongs.

Yikes haven’t seen a ram collapse like this since November 11th! Don’t you dare insult our hobbit you son of a bitch

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 7, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

And some point he's going to have way too much soda

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Watson already was extended.

His cap hit in 2022 and 2023 seem to be 40 and 42 million, respectively. 19?? or so this year.

And in 2021 we're expecting the cap drop of roughly 28 million. Not many teams have the space for him. Miami and the Jets are in a very rare position, with Miami only having an advantage if 1. he prefers to be back in Miami + 2. Texans like Tua. Jets have the advantage of having an extra 1st round pick in 2022, either for trading or for rookie talent to replace the cap space you lose.

Plus he might want to play in the biggest media market versus whatever Miami is, like 10. Smaller but it's closer to home with his family, which apparently lives about an hour away north. And he grew up a Dolphins fan.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 8, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trevor Lawrence would be a huge carrot to dangle but it feels like they need more.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Its like a full second longer. My god.

But it was in perfect stride so, good job Tim. Made your daily accurate throw count!

He came into Miami, down 17 in the 4th, and loving beat us. Ive never been so mad at someone I liked (that Ive never met) ((minus when Shia Labeuf started getting arrested)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

That whole season he had like 5 of those, just absolutely comical last minute drives that had no business working, and he just pulled a golden horsehoe out of his rear end over and over again.

Okay, granted most of those were rushing TD's, but still.

The one against Miami would exactly this. Maybe 4 rushes and a few passes, including a 20 yard bullet after the dude was throwing wobbly ducks 3 previous quarters. It was like they flipped a switch. He was barely moving against us but suddenly he was hitting us for 8-10 yard gains on the ground. Ive never seen that team collapse so quickly against a QB that they were otherwise dominating

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And that he hated waiting for fresh subs to be made.

He had to combine those two things

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/10/report-deshaun-watson-would-consider-trade-to-dolphins/

Suck it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Jets can make them a better offer than that easily.

Tua is highly regarded as much as you desperately want to believe otherwise. It’s why the Jets aren’t even being discussed - they don’t have a top tier prospect to offer like Miami. The #2 isn’t it. And the next years picks are question marks.

Jets aren’t even in the same universe. I’d think you’d need a young prospect that still has tons of potential, a top 10 pick this year, and a high future first or a good range first this year. Plus likely smaller picks like a 4/5. Oh and tons of cap space.

Jets have almost all of it. But not Tua to offer.

It’s a weird position Miami is in, but they’re in it.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 10, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

The only missing piece is Houston's interest in Tua. You can't just foist a QB onto another team. Where's Houston's interest?

Think it’s in AFCE but apparently Caserio loved Tua and wanted the Patriots to make a move for him but they were too far down, based on that thread with Mort discussing the rumors coming out of Houston

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who knows anymore. We’ll see. I’m not giving Tua and 3 firsts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

lol. Tua has no chance of being as good as Watson is.

Did you respond to the right person or did you read my post wrong or.. what

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'm saying that Tua + 3 1's is a no brainer for the Dolphins.

That’s not at all what your reply said

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Magicpants posted:

you kidding me, I'd take that in a heartbeat. half a heartbeat. 1/16 of a heartbeat

#3 + #18 + Tua + that contract is enough capital. Plus Deshaun has preference for Miami.

You don’t go higher than that if I’m Miami. It’s possible San Fran outbids us but I’m really doubtful.

Guess we’ll see!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I could see Miami throwing in some midround picks, like one of the four 6th rounders they have this year and anything after a 2nd next year if it got them over the hump, but not a whole lot or a bunch of future 1st rounders like some have suggested.

I’d be easily open to that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hm. Watson actually is cheaper than I thought

<<Because the Texans paid Watson a $27 million signing bonus last year the cost is very affordable. A team would be on the hook for $10.54 million in 2021, $35 million in 2022, $37 million in 2023, and $32 million in 2024 and in 2025. The average cost would be just $29.3 million per year which is way under the market for quarterbacks so it would be a bargain bin contract compared to Watson’s talent level.>>

Man i don’t know. That’s a healthy amount of savings. But so much stress on the 2nd and 3rd round playmakers to pan out. But Watson.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

latinotwink1997 posted:

You really are a loving joke, lol

Stop plz

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Ignore this speak your truth keep going.

Kurt Warner fills this thread with happiness and genuine faith.

Lasts 6 posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
ELIMINATE
ENTITLEMENT

WIN

DONT
LOSE