Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

Jones was worse than Trubisky this year

You can't draft a QB 6 overall who is worse that Trubisky and be considered a great GM. He also had his pick of all 4 tackles in this year's draft and drafted the worst one.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Also they went 6-10 against a VERY easy schedule in the worst division in NFL history. Their whole "progress" this season is based on one trap game for the Seahawks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Doltos posted:

Barkley isn't even our star player. He's a boom/bust RB that doesn't fit the offense at all. I think it's totally reasonable to lambast Gettleman for the Jones and Barkley pick up but to ignore all the other positive moves he's made is to turn into mcmagic or something equally as worthless.

lol don't take it out on me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Didn't Watson just sign an extension this year? Seems unwise to piss off your franchise QB AGAIN but what do I know?

It was pretty clear when he signed the extension that he would regret it pretty quickly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

The Texans would be stupid to turn down Tua, their pick, 18, and maybe a couple of lower round picks

Of course, they’d be stupid to trade Watson in the first place but it seems like he’s gonna get “culture fitted” right on out of there

The Jets can make them a better offer than that easily.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Deshaun has a no trade clause and he's not goign to let himself be traded to the Jets.

Depends who the coach is. They can make the team attractive for him by hiring a coach he wants like Beiniemy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tua is highly regarded as much as you desperately want to believe otherwise. It’s why the Jets aren’t even being discussed - they don’t have a top tier prospect to offer like Miami. The #2 isn’t it. And the next years picks are question marks.

Jets aren’t even in the same universe. I’d think you’d need a young prospect that still has tons of potential, a top 10 pick this year, and a high future first or a good range first this year. Plus likely smaller picks like a 4/5. Oh and tons of cap space.

Jets have almost all of it. But not Tua to offer.

It’s a weird position Miami is in, but they’re in it.

There are people that like Tua and there are people that like Darnold and the Jets have more 1st's to offer. If I was the Texans, i wouldn't want either Tua or Darnold and would just draft Wilson or Fields with the pick you get in the trade but I'm clearly not the texans and we have no idea what they are going to do. None of these rumors are actually coming from the Texans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Texans are clearly being run by incompetent fools. It's impossible to predict what they are going to do.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who knows anymore. We’ll see. I’m not giving Tua and 3 firsts

lol. Tua has no chance of being as good as Watson is.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Did you respond to the right person or did you read my post wrong or.. what

I'm saying that Tua + 3 1's is a no brainer for the Dolphins.