Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I remember when I was such a homer that I convinced myself Todd Haley was a good coach.

That's why I'm not going to call out Doltos this week

Joe Judge is a good coach, Gettleman is a good GM, most teams can't succeed without a great QB, most of TFF is stupid, news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

the bears made the playoffs with mitch trubisky

judge and gettleman are bad

Jones was worse than Trubisky this year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

You can't draft a QB 6 overall who is worse that Trubisky and be considered a great GM. He also had his pick of all 4 tackles in this year's draft and drafted the worst one.

Wirfs and Becton both definitely look good but Andrew Thomas is looking good too. He had some down weeks but when he got it together he was looking worthy of the pick.

I think the Joe Judge hire was great, the ODB trade worked out great, he hit on a bunch of picks besides Jones and Barkley (Lawrence, Carter, Hill, LeMieux, Slayton, Love, Ximines, Coughlin, Hernandez), signed a shutdown corner on a cheap deal, a great sign and trade for Leonard Williams, a pro bowl caliber LB in Martinez and a pretty good signing in Fackrell and Logan Ryan. They had a top ten defense and an offense that ranked 31st out of 32nd in points. Jones only had Alex Smith, Drew Lock, Dwayne Haskins, Carson Wentz, and Sam Darnold behind him in QB rating. Jason Garrett was a poo poo rear end hire and Jones was a terrible pick. That alone would get most GMs fired but I think Gettleman has done enough to warrant a good GM label. If he can't fix the offensive woes, yea, can his rear end, but most teams would kill for the turnaround he's done so far.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

2017: 3-13
2018: 5-11
2019: 4-12
2020. 6-10

Turn around?

Your team took 6 years to rebuild from Hue to present day. It takes time to develop and assemble talent.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abugadu posted:

I hate defending the Giants, but their star player and offensive focus was out for the entire year.

Barkley is the difference between making the playoffs and not.

They’re still not a good team, but it’s a young team, and they’re not in salary cap hell like some other teams on that tier.

Barkley isn't even our star player. He's a boom/bust RB that doesn't fit the offense at all. I think it's totally reasonable to lambast Gettleman for the Jones and Barkley pick up but to ignore all the other positive moves he's made is to turn into mcmagic or something equally as worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So what is he going to do to address the QB situation and what do you expect their record to be next season? Because if you don't think he'll have a winning record after five years...

Then you can him. I think he's gone no matter what because he missed the boat on the QBs. That's usually the death sentence for GMs and I doubt any draft talent will really turn Jones around, regardless if its Chase, Pitts, or Smith.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My teams marquee players were mistakes but my GM is still good.

You're not wrong. Prior to this year I was calling for Gettleman's head like the rest of them. He built a top ten defense through several decisions that other GMs probably wouldn't have been good enough to do though. That's intriguing. I just wish he wouldn't be allowed to draft offense outside of the line.