Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

How Wonderful! posted:

Bingo Bango and I are both sick and decided that with everything up in the air and no ability to get rapid tests done on short notice the right thing would be to cancel our holiday travel plans, especially since my dad is very very ill and in extremely fragile health. So I called my mom to tell her and it went about as poorly as it possibly could. Things had been going really well between us since I came out to her and I feel like I just wrecked it all. At the end of the call I said "I love you" and she just hung up. I feel like such a loving rear end in a top hat.

i'm sorry you're both sick, that sucks. you absolutely are doing the right thing though and I'm sorry your mom doesn't understand that. it's a lovely time and it's not fair that we have to make these decisions, but we do

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I'm very sorry for your poor little kitty but you're doing what you can and I'm sure he understands he is being cared for by someone who loves him

teen witch posted:

my sister just showed up with her boyfriend and while it was to be a surprise (though I knew), I was in the shower and heard her actual voice not over a phone for the first time in two years. just ugly cried in the bathroom. I knew she was coming but like a whole bunch of emotions just clobbered me from nowhere, like my mind was like “let’s just process all this nnnnnnow”

it’s been a rough two years for her and she’s here and home and I just don’t want anything to hurt her again.

:unsmith: even though it's a freight train of emotions it's nice to get to feel good about the situation, I hope you and she have a ball together

How Wonderful! posted:

Bingo Bango and I are both sick and decided that with everything up in the air and no ability to get rapid tests done on short notice the right thing would be to cancel our holiday travel plans, especially since my dad is very very ill and in extremely fragile health. So I called my mom to tell her and it went about as poorly as it possibly could. Things had been going really well between us since I came out to her and I feel like I just wrecked it all. At the end of the call I said "I love you" and she just hung up. I feel like such a loving rear end in a top hat.

you are absolutely doing the right thing, I'm sorry it's so hard on you and bingo bango. I really doubt you wrecked anything, when your mom has the chance to think through the situation she will realize you were just looking out for her and your dad.

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

Another orb for you're doing the right thing. I'm sorry it's not obvious to your mother.

Ass-penny

:wom:Holy moly just got caught up on the last few pages of this thread and sending good vibes to everyone. A lot of you sound like you're going through a lot of stuff and this orb is pulling for you. :wom:

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
just got done making some potato salad and I’d send some to everyone on the last few pages if I could

anyway a few years ago byob got me through some rough times so thanks to everyone who was there to listen to me, a complete internet stranger, vent about my problems

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
internet strangers are just internet friends you haven't met yet. glad we could help and thanks for checking in :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

I'm sorry to always come into this thread and just post negative sad things about myself but this year just sucks, at least it's almost over :( My closest friend just cut me out of her life, she's been like a sister to me for the last 12 years and we've been there for each other through literally everything, but her spouse has always been jealous of how close we were and I guess was so upset that I texted her "Merry Christmas" this morning that they made her block and delete my number and text me asking me to never contact her again. I just needed to post that because she was the only non-therapist person in my life that I could have talked to about something like that and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This also happened when they got together and I didn't hear from her for almost 3 years :smith:

Over the last 5 years, 4 friends have committed suicide, one passed away because of a drunk driver, I cut one out of my life because they were hella toxic, another moved out of state and never talked to anyone again, a bunch of lovely work drama that I wasn't involved with happened and turned everyone at my old job against me before I quit, now my cat is injured and this and I'm left looking around going "whoa, I don't have anyone in my life anymore"

Also I refused to celebrate christmas with my family because they were (as usual) upsetting me and making fun of me for being upset so I don't even have them around right now :sigh: But being alone is probably better than being around that.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 26, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

DDPM, you have had a really rough few years. I am so sorry. You are genuinely one of the sweetest people that posts around here and I look forward to your threads, always, because you're so creative and funny and you make good art.

I wish people would be gentler with you. If you want to come hang out with us, a bunch of us are watching bad Christmas movies and riffing in the Coupons and Deals Movie Night cytube. We would love to have you.

Manifisto

that's really rough deep dish, sorry to hear it. jealousy can be so drat toxic. don't write your relationship off just yet, you never know how things are going to shake out. anyway we're happy to have you with us!

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

ddpm that's fuckin rough and jealous people are the worst. We're here for you buddy.

deep dish peat moss

Thank you BYOB. It's almost a new year and I've been thinking it's time for me to pick up and move on to somewhere new, I've wanted to get outta this city for like a decade now. So I'm just trying to look at next year as an opportunity to get a new start somewhere else and do better next time :unsmith:

JNCO BILOBA

Sending love to all Yob and beyond

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

deep dish peat moss posted:

Thank you BYOB. It's almost a new year and I've been thinking it's time for me to pick up and move on to somewhere new, I've wanted to get outta this city for like a decade now. So I'm just trying to look at next year as an opportunity to get a new start somewhere else and do better next time :unsmith:

Failure is just practice. You haven't been failing, you've been practicing for the big time. Where are you thinking about heading?

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I want to say that I talked to my mom yesterday and it went well. I think she was just sad and not... hurt per se, but unhappy that things were the way they were. Also, since retiring she's made a conscious (and I think understandable) effort to be less 24/7 plugged into the news, and I think she just was not aware of how bad the Omicron stuff so quickly. We had a nice Christmas morning conversation about this and that and she seemed to understand why we decided not to put my dad at risk by traveling.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
She should be commended for unplugging from the news. I groan if I happen to hit google news because literally every story is politics or someone died. I used to be wrapped up in the news hardcore. Now I avoid it.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Yeah. Me and her are very similar and both very uptight. I think over the years I've been better at mitigating that by cultivating different habits, but then again, I've had the luxury to do that because she worked like a maniac for 40 years. So I'm really happy that she's been able to adjust her habits in retirement. She gardens again now and reads historical novels and bakes pies and takes her dog on two hour walks. So in general she's doing really well.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Manifisto

How Wonderful! posted:

I want to say that I talked to my mom yesterday and it went well. I think she was just sad and not... hurt per se, but unhappy that things were the way they were. Also, since retiring she's made a conscious (and I think understandable) effort to be less 24/7 plugged into the news, and I think she just was not aware of how bad the Omicron stuff so quickly. We had a nice Christmas morning conversation about this and that and she seemed to understand why we decided not to put my dad at risk by traveling.

:unsmith: glad you have cleared the air at least somewhat on this

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

Viginti Septem posted:

Failure is just practice. You haven't been failing, you've been practicing for the big time. Where are you thinking about heading?

Well I can't do extreme winters and I'm trying to escape extreme summers, so I think I need to move to the past. But maybe california or hawaii one day...

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
If you wanna crash on the couch here in Austin while you're surveying your next move you can have tea with me ddpm

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Also, y'all are so God drat good people for being vulnerable and opening things up in here it makes. Me feel in ways that make it like family, solidarity with everyone going through these times

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

aldantefax posted:

Also, y'all are so God drat good people for being vulnerable and opening things up in here it makes. Me feel in ways that make it like family, solidarity with everyone going through these times

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

aldantefax posted:

If you wanna crash on the couch here in Austin while you're surveying your next move you can have tea with me ddpm

I hope that offer is open to more people and we can start a BYOB commune.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Today already sucks and I just want to sleep until Friday morning so I can be high for three days and not think anymore.

Bright Bart posted:

I hope that offer is open to more people and we can start a BYOB commune.

*whispers* Oregon is calling

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Cardi BYOB posted:

Today already sucks and I just want to sleep until Friday morning so I can be high for three days and not think anymore.

*whispers* Oregon is calling

Hmm, read something about a Scorpio Moon square Pluto, Jupiter in Pisces, and the Moon square Mercury... Whatever that means.

Sorry :gbsmith:

Bright Bart

Viginti Septem posted:

Hmm, read something about a Scorpio Moon square Pluto, Jupiter in Pisces, and the Moon square Mercury... Whatever that means.

Is this code? Like a numbers station?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Viginti Septem posted:

I genuinely don't know what that means. I just know that everything hurts like I'm peeled in a salt mine.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Bright Bart posted:

Is this code? Like a numbers station?

Yes, comrade.

https://youtu.be/u0F984w4vLQ

Cardi BYOB posted:

I genuinely don't know what that means. I just know that everything hurts like I'm peeled in a salt mine.

I don't know what it means either. But Taurus, Scorpio and Aquarius are supposed to have rough days today.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

For the first time in a very long time I'm starting to not hate my body. I can't stop counting every calorie, I can't stop seeing an elephant in mirror, I can't stop having the intrusive thoughts about "if you just didn't eat for a few more days you'd start to actually lose weight," which isn't how it even works.

But I'm starting to be okay with the way I look. I'm starting to believe people when they tell me I'm pretty. Not all the time, but, at least sometimes. Taking a compliment is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do, because I'm just not used to it. Hell, accepting that people are actually genuinely kind and loving, especially here, was so hard for me for so long. And I'm still here. Despite everything.

I love y'all. And CJ you're good to me, thank you.

styls trill epic

by sebmojo
Everyhitng is an absolutely frozen fail and I've no idea what to do. All I can even do in theory is go to a store and I havn't any money. I went to barnes and noble yesterday. Theres nothing to do due to cold and pandemic and its driving me positively out of my gourd.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Cardi BYOB posted:

I love y'all.

gently caress you, bitch (in a BYOB way) :love:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

gently caress you, bitch (in a BYOB way) :love:

Awww, gently caress YOU, bitch (in the BYOB way) :glomp:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's been a weird couple of days. I'm in a tremendous amount of pain, my anxiety is so bad I'm not really doing very well because of the pain, and I feel very disconnected from people important to me in new and exciting ways. Not handling my poo poo so good right now. I'm trying to be better.

Eta: worst blow yet, all my messages got deleted and so I have no reassuring scroll. I'm...not doing great. Gonna need to take meds early and often for the next couple.

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 10, 2022

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I'm sorry this is happening. I'm sending any good feelings your way that I can.

Do you have access to warm liquids? Water you go into (bathtub). Liquids that you ingest (tasty teas, maybe a cocoa).

They don't solve the core issues but take the edge off for sure. When in doubt - warm liquids.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm sorry this is happening. I'm sending any good feelings your way that I can.

Do you have access to warm liquids? Water you go into (bathtub). Liquids that you ingest (tasty teas, maybe a cocoa).

They don't solve the core issues but take the edge off for sure. When in doubt - warm liquids.

:glomp: thank you

I'm ingesting a hot coffee rn. I will likely immerse myself in the hottest shower imaginable tonight after work. Today, though, it is ktape and high test ibuprofen and hot rice bags and ice packs alternating until something gives.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

do a bunch of shrooms then jump from hot tub to cold pool then back again over and over until near madness like i did one time a long time ago well maybe not no please don't do that

deep dish peat moss

That sounds tough Hamjobs, I hope everything goes well and I hope your liquids stay warm - all of them, except the cold ones.

Oz went in for his surgery today and he was crying as I left the vet's office :'( but it's a relief to finally be here, and the vet cleared his entire schedule for the day (the receptionists were on the phone telling people the doctor has a very complicated surgery scheduled and has specifically requested no new appointments be made for today). So he's coming home tonight with a new metal hip and then after 4-6 weeks of recovery he'll be able to run around and jump and wrestle and play again :unsmith:

I am so attached to that cat it hurts to do anything he doesn't like - like not letting him eat/drink anything since 10pm last night or having to pick him up and wrestle him into the carrier. I grew up in a family that treated cats like sub-sentient unimportant meaningless creatures that aren't worth even taking to the vet and idk how anyone could ever feel that way about them they are the sweetest beings ever and at least my two cats are absolutely never the "rear end in a top hat cat" stereotype and are just full of love and respect because they get all the attention they can handle without misbehaving :3:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 10, 2022

Manifisto

hooray for Oz! :unsmith:

Cardi BYOB posted:

It's been a weird couple of days. I'm in a tremendous amount of pain, my anxiety is so bad I'm not really doing very well because of the pain, and I feel very disconnected from people important to me in new and exciting ways.

:ohdear: stay safe, hamjobs!

Bo-Pepper posted:

do a bunch of shrooms then jump from hot tub to cold pool then back again over and over until near madness like i did one time a long time ago well maybe not no please don't do that

uh excuse me I'll do what I want DAD

ty nesamdoom!

Bright Bart

I hope it gets better for you soon and that you have things to look forward to soon as well cardiologist.

deep dish peat moss

The surgery went well, now this poor lil' guy has up to 6 weeks of recovery time

He had some kind of damage to his hip that caused blood flow to his hip to be cut off at some point, which over time lead to it deteriorating here:

So they shaved away the little ball joint and filed it down and put a metal rod + plate in its place:

I have to do little physical therapy exercises with him starting next week to build up muscle and scar tissue over the metal rod so he becomes mobile again. Also I have to feed him antibiotics and pain meds from a syringe while he's in a cone and in pain and that's a very stressful thought but I'll figure it out. I'm just glad we're past the big hurdle :unsmith:

I have no clue how he got injured in the first place but based on the vet's estimate of the timeframe he probably fell off of something tall he was climbing on in the garage one night (some nights he just wanted to stay out there overnight) or, the hopefully-not case it could be something my mom did while I was living with them because she is not the best about cats or being gentle with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
me screaming at myself: hey dumbass maybe you deserve to be nice to yourself for once, no stop trying to sarcastically avoid the subject!!!!! you can’t cynic your way out of poo poo! people get to like you!!!! this is not a prank I promise!!! hosed up but true: stop seeing niceness and good people as a threat!!! Not everything is a threat you ain’t that special (FUUUUCKK)