Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratatat

sincerebump minibump

Somebody gently caress around and get got. Grab the shotty, shawty—take a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratatat

:page69snypa:

Somebody gently caress around and get got. Grab the shotty, shawty—take a shot.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Areola Grande posted:

the internet was deffo a big mistake

this is from a while ago but yes

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Lock

i feel like 90% of my posting is whitenoise but I believe in the justpost credo so I try to do good

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

i feel like 90% of my posting is whitenoise but I believe in the justpost credo so I try to do good

White noise posting is my personal brand tbh

Lock

Escape From Noise posted:

White noise posting is my personal brand tbh

teach me the ways, sensei

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

teach me the ways, sensei

Never be not posting.

Lock

Never be not posting.

wisdom

Stoner Sloth

Never be not posting.

Ass-penny

my thing is that a lot of times the thread premise is great and I'm just too jelly brained to make a joke that is on topic so that's when I feel like I'd be posting white noise. sometimes the post gets made, sometimes I emptyquote something I liked, and sometimes I neglect to post at all, just hit the :five: on my way out.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

aldantefax posted:

i click on threads and go "yeah"

this was a better way of putting that thought

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

rear end-penny posted:

this was a better way of putting that thought

yeah

deep dish peat moss

cruft posted:

I need to get something off my chest.

The January necro party got me going back over old threads and PMs. Apparently I was a real asshat at some point in BYOB's history, and a couple people called me on it, and I apologized and said I'd do some soul-searching.

I'm really glad BYOB isn't bringing out the worst in me since I came back a few weeks ago. I like it here a lot.

I've been in a weird content depression since the start of 2020 where I am completely anhedonic but also content and not, you know, sad about it. It has made me act rudely multiple times and overall I have felt like my empathy drive has been totally drained, I gave up on maintaining any social relationships I had and I haven't talked to anyone in months except for my parents and my psych because everyone else got sick of my blunt negativity. It is a very difficult process to step back from it, recognize it, be accountable for it and do that soul searching, congrats on making it through the hardest part and I'm glad it's a chill space for you again! It's a tough couple years and it's bringing out the worst in everyone so I am making sure to keep that in mind when I think about a time someone was rude to me or whatever during this whole mess.

Lock

rear end-penny posted:

my thing is that a lot of times the thread premise is great and I'm just too jelly brained to make a joke that is on topic so that's when I feel like I'd be posting white noise. sometimes the post gets made, sometimes I emptyquote something I liked, and sometimes I neglect to post at all, just hit the :five: on my way out.

yeah

Lock

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been in a weird content depression since the start of 2020 where I am completely anhedonic but also content and not, you know, sad about it. It has made me act rudely multiple times and overall I have felt like my empathy drive has been totally drained, I gave up on maintaining any social relationships I had and I haven't talked to anyone in months except for my parents and my psych because everyone else got sick of my blunt negativity. It is a very difficult process to step back from it, recognize it, be accountable for it and do that soul searching, congrats on making it through the hardest part and I'm glad it's a chill space for you again! It's a tough couple years and it's bringing out the worst in everyone so I am making sure to keep that in mind when I think about a time someone was rude to me or whatever during this whole mess.

truth, between a whole buncha non-yobby things I think a lotta good people’s empathy tanks are at or near E. Even in a chill place like this it’s hard not to give in to the call of the internet rear end in a top hat.

but the fact so many here do try to avoid doing that is awesome

take the moon

by sebmojo
i need to get something off my chest

lol Butts

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ass-penny

I woke up way earlier than I wanted to :baduk:

Ass-penny

sincerely excited to kick it later with a good friend I haven't seen in a very long time.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I lost my poo poo because of cough medicine and thought this forum was a clandestine group of hackers monitoring my life. So I called my mother and confessed every sin to her and made a goodbye thread on BYOB saying that what I had said on the phone was true because you all could listen in to everything.

I'm doing much better these days.

cruft

KaBob posted:

I lost my poo poo because of cough medicine and thought this forum was a clandestine group of hackers monitoring my life. So I called my mother and confessed every sin to her and made a goodbye thread on BYOB saying that what I had said on the phone was true because you all could listen in to everything.

Wow, that explains it, then. We were all very confused because it didn't make any sense (on account of us not actually listening to anything; I mean, poo poo, half the time we don't even read each other's posts).

I'm sorry you went through that and I'm glad you're feeling better!

cruft fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 2, 2021

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I told my boss that I can't be on the team anymore and that I'm out one way or another as soon as reasonably possible. There was some crying involved, but I feel better about it now that I'm ready to close this chapter and move on. It does feel a bit sad, but I'm ready to move on.

Stoner Sloth

KaBob posted:

just sincerely glad ur doing better and back posting with us friend!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

KaBob posted:

I'm really glad you're doing better. I know how fucky it can feel to just think and absolutely believe the weird thoughts. Wish we could hang out; you are cool in my book and my friend.

Ass-penny

KaBob posted:

Real glad you're feeling better! I hope you keep posting in byob cause you are a cool person with cool interests!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Ahhh, you gays :)

cruft

KaBob posted:

Lovin' this typo

deep dish peat moss

I've been looking for a new job and it's really disheartening how now, every job goes through a completely different application site that you need to create an account at

So a very common thing now is you see a job that looks right up your alley, and they send you to some specific website to start the application process. You create an account on that website and you have to upload a photo and fill out profile information (not resume stuff, generic bio kind of stuff). Then after doing all of that it says "Now click here to apply offsite" and it directs you to a different job application portal where it tells you that job is no longer available.

It's the worst I hate it so much

deep dish peat moss

At least on the upside there are a lot of remote writing/art postings so one of them should, hopefully, eventually, still be available. I'm trying to get a job writing videogames or doing the pixel art for them

Lock

At least on the upside there are a lot of remote writing/art postings so one of them should, hopefully, eventually, still be available. I'm trying to get a job writing videogames or doing the pixel art for them

that sounds awesome and best of luck friend

Ass-penny

KaBob posted:

cruft posted:

Lovin' this typo

:nyan::geoduck::gifttank:

good luck looking, the whole thing with filling out things on multiple sites and finding out at the second one the job posting is invalid is fuckin rough. it is quite possible looking for jobs is the least favorite thing I've ever done. it just always sucks.

cruft

e: GDI, wrong thread

cruft fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 7, 2021

Escape From Noise

KaBob posted:

That is a way wilder reason than I thought. I'm glad you're doing alright now and that you're posting with us.

Escape From Noise

I am oscillating between weird depression/loneliness stuff, and feeling sorta okay. Life is probably just going to be a weird mess for a while but sometimes I just wish I could hibernate.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I have recently been feeling a need to get out there and hug people and just share some energy and gratitude with other folks, but can't because hellvirus. Hopefully, y'all can get a hug in somewhere and also get some rest.

Escape From Noise

Nah. I'm single and live alone. Just the warm embrace of alcohol for me.

Ass-penny

As much as I love not being at work I've been hanging out with my family since Saturday and it is a lot. I also haven't been drinking or smoking weed since I been here and it is making sleeping very difficult. Kind of ready for this vacation to be over.

nut

byob good

Escape From Noise

Spending a lot of time with family can be rough. I guess that's some "fuckin' goons" trope or something, but I feel you on this. I like seeing them for the most part, aside from one of my brothers, but mostly most of my family starts to wear on me, other than my dad, and even then, I like having my space from him as well. I don't know. It's hard to explain, but I get it.

cruft

Spending a lot of time with family can be rough. I guess that's some "fuckin' goons" trope or something, but I feel you on this. I like seeing them for the most part, aside from one of my brothers, but mostly most of my family starts to wear on me, other than my dad, and even then, I like having my space from him as well. I don't know. It's hard to explain, but I get it.

I thought the goon trope was that you lived in your parents' basement. That's sort of the opposite.

Family can be distressing. It can be difficult to renegotiate the relationship into a peer one, especially when the kids have been so plastic in their behavior, the parents may still be trying to shape things.

For me, things came to a head, finally, when I yelled at my dad about his unhinged right-wing conspiracy theories. I was fortunate in that it brought him back down to earth somewhat, and gave me the opportunity to forgive and just accept some of his more annoying character traits. When mom started really going downhill, it drew us all closer together. Rolling the eyes does wonders now, but realizing that this person I held in such high esteem was ultimately just another guy really helped me out.

I know my situation is unique and not everyone is able to do this. But I don't think anybody should feel like a failure if they aren't skipping through fields of daisies with their parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

My mom just can't leave it sometimes. Like, she's caused me to have panic attacks and I had to not talk to her for a while. As I've gotten older I've come to understand how screwed up her childhood was. Lots of weapons-grade Catholic guilt among other things. Sometimes our relationship is good, but it definitely has cycles.

I think my dad had a hard childhood as well, lots of borderline neglect and some abandonment stuff. He's not perfect, but I guess I always feel like the loving weirdo and my dad's probably the only person in my family who's understanding about my depression bullshit. It's sorta weird because my mom struggles with depression as well but gets very "Don't feel sorry for yourself! Gotta just work through it" about it, so I just don't talk to her about it.