Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

NightGyr posted:

"It's not real fascism because they're bad at it" is the story of the last four years

Yeah unironically, Trump's not a fascist he's just a mask off liberal, there's none of the usual things that make fascism fascism unless you want to make the definition so wide that it just means "right winger that says rude things" in which case the term is meaningless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Declan MacManus posted:

counterpoint: if a guy pulls out a gun to rob you, never takes anything from you, and spends the entire time pointing the pistol at his own dick, were you truly robbed at gunpoint

look even though one side doesn't involve the gun it's still an open-faced robbery on smith & wesson, so it's still a robbery.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i love that a bunch of weirdo libs decided a coup isn't a coup, because if you call a spade a spade someone might do something about it, which will definitely hurt the left

(the left is already getting hurt at max velocity and that ain't changing lol)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah unironically, Trump's not a fascist he's just a mask off liberal, there's none of the usual things that make fascism fascism unless you want to make the definition so wide that it just means "right winger that says rude things" in which case the term is meaningless

your brain must be made of hot lava to produce all these takes

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Crazycryodude posted:

Oh, you're doing a bit. Haha.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

holy poo poo

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she might suddenly drop dead

You're mouth to God's ears.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I can't believe the Rubicon was crossed... classic poo poo LOL

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

Perhaps a mask-off liberal is a fascist?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Truga posted:

i love that a bunch of weirdo libs decided a coup isn't a coup, because if you call a spade a spade someone might do something about it, which will definitely hurt the left

its wasnt a coup because it wasnt a coup

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

what

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

i'm not sure its a gap you're going to bridge. you're right of course, but the internet just can't help but hyperbolize rhetoric

in the past they organized literal street armies with uniforms and officer corps. today they tweet to a bunch of fat, atomized consumers. what's so different between the two?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

close and goldmine

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Perhaps a mask-off liberal is a fascist?

a fair consideration

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Crazycryodude posted:

Thank you for your incredibly stupid and pointless take.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

they'd better have taken a shitload of candy out of the candy drawer, otherwise it was all for naught

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm not sure its a gap you're going to bridge. you're right of course, but the internet just can't help but hyperbolize rhetoric

in the past they organized literal street armies with uniforms and officer corps. today they tweet to a bunch of fat, atomized consumers. what's so different between the two?

the organized street armies are cops now, hth

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its wasnt a coup because it wasnt a coup

i agree, but some people are incredibly insistent on not calling this a coup for a whole different reason lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

*runs out of the building chased by bullets, arms piled high with free tickets to sit in the gallery*

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!
it was definitely more of a putsch imo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

the organized street armies are cops now, hth

i agree, but people are incredibly insistent on not calling this a coup for a whole different reason lmao

i agree that the fascists are in charge already, but that kinda bumps up against "trump is trying to do a fascist coup!"

i think this wasn't a coup because it clearly wasn't a coup. it was a demonstration that turned into a weird police chaperoned riot

people in demonstrations make demands. they think they're part of a revolution. but its obviously different from a coup. i don't think anyone in that crowd seriously expected to achieve any sort of political power that day. hence the selfies and looting and not tennis court oathing

i don't think putsch is right either cuz they're not overthrowing the government. in their mind they're maintaining the existing government. its obviously a weird and complicated situation, but i don't see why people need this to be something more than a riot or a demonstration other than to hype up how much they don't like "those people"

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Jan 7, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I wonder if they'll bring the Babbitt Blutfahne along on their next outing.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

close and goldmine

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

close and goldmine

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

close and goldmine

yeah the funniest day has passed, i will close this thread.

thank you to our brave patriots who fought to save democracy :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

close and goldmine