Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

On Jan 20th, for the first time in 10 years, Congress will be seating the House and Senate with a Dem Majority, 222 Dems to 211 Republicans in the House, 50 Dems to 50 Republicans with a Dem VP tiebreaker in the Senate.

Considering that the latter was enough for the Bush administration to break America and the world, I think its enough for the Dems to send me my GUCKING 2K DOLLARS (and healthcare and stuff).

Vent and keep tabs on the Dems machinations, and the final gasp at electoralism here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
where’s my FUCKIN’ money/legal weed/prison reform PELOSI/BIDEN/HARRIS

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dem control of the legislative and executive branches.

*cracks knuckles*

Time to reach across the aisle and work with republicans.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I would like 2k.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Finally a mandate for brutal austerity and fixing the deficit by decreasing taxes on the wealthy :obama:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

I would like 2k.

If the Dems dont pass HR 1, Card Check, 15 dollar min wage for federal employees and incentives to states like the speed limit, trillions dollar infrastructure plan, weed legalization, major debt forgiveness, immigrant amnesty, emptying prisons, 2k CHECKS plus continued support for the life of this pandemic, snd a half dozen things I'm forgetting right now, gently caress the Dems and national politics in general, seriously

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Give me the GODDAMN money Joe.

Also forgive federal student loan debts. YOU CAN DO IT WITH A loving PEN STROKE JOE. I paid off my loving loans, but only because I had people much smarter than me tell me private college would be cheaper than public college in the long run

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Shageletic posted:

If the Dems dont pass HR 1, Card Check, 15 dollar min wage for federal employees and incentives to states like the speed limit, trillions dollar infrastructure plan, weed legalization, major debt forgiveness, immigrant amnesty, emptying prisons, 2k CHECKS plus continued support for the life of this pandemic, snd a half dozen things I'm forgetting right now, gently caress the Dems and national politics in general, seriously

You can't just do that, you need to build political capital first by working bipartisanly to slash the deficit and the population.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The IRS hosed up my $600 and now I can't get it til I file my taxes lol. Hope they dont gently caress up another $2000.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Shageletic posted:

If you think any of that is happening, you haven't been paying attention.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gimme my loving MONEY

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Good soup! posted:

Gimme my loving MONEY

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

You know what this means?

Infrastructure week.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Bob Socko posted:

You know what this means?

Infrastructure week.

I thought that was this week?

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

The IRS hosed up my $600 and now I can't get it til I file my taxes lol. Hope they dont gently caress up another $2000.

Me the gently caress too, and they absolutely will.

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
Put the money in the bag Joe.
:robble:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

prospects looking good

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/stat...genumber%3D6101

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
You know your political system is broken when you insist on working across the aisle with your political enemies as you gain control of two pieces of the triforce.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Don Pigeon posted:

You know your political system is broken when you insist on working across the aisle with your political enemies as you gain control of two pieces of the triforce.

i also love how it shits on the voters that explicitly went anti republican this cycle. but those are biden's friends.

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
hey i'm a college student and also i WANT MY loving MONEY JOE WHERES THE MONEY WHE

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Don Pigeon posted:

Promising to work across the aisle even as republicans are actively trying to overturn election results

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Republicans: "we will loving kill you"

Democrats: "I promise to work with you on that"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

"Let's compromise, how about you choke me out and throw me into the river"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

C*ons!

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1346857308484218880

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
I'm sorry but we already have a democrat thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946641

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1347252919578595331

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Nyc guido voice: Lets go dems, gently caress da dems

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) said he’s “pushing” the incoming administration “to do as much as possible in the executive order space,” arguing that utilizing that power “creates a little bit of leverage” for legislating.

“If the clouds part and we have opportunities to do real legislating, then great, but if they don't, then at least the Biden administration doesn't waste 18 months, you know, testing the good faith of Republicans to do a bill,” Schatz said of executive orders, calling the power a “beautiful” thing.

but then C*oons strkes

"Not since LBJ has there been an incoming president who had as much respect for the Senate,” said Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), a top Biden ally, noting the “steady loss of the Senate’s relevance and power” over the decades. “If there is ever a moment in our lifetime where the Senate should take the outstretched hand of the incoming administration and work together, that time is now … we would only have ourselves to blame if Biden has to resort to executive action."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/11/democrats-biden-executive-orders-456676

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

dems are a mess!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/sta...genumber%3D7503

I mean I'm ok with this? get me my loving money

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

eh?

quote:

Mr. Sanders said in the interview that he wanted an initial, emergency stimulus package to be “big.” He thinks it must include an additional $1,400 in direct payments for adults and children, on top of the $600 that Congress just passed, along with money for states and cities to fund coronavirus vaccine distribution, testing and contact tracing. He also wants to create an emergency universal health care program, so that anyone can get medical treatment during the pandemic, whether they currently have insurance or not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-budget-committee.html?smid=tw-share

you better get me my money you loving bird

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lol the dems arent going to do anything.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

daddy needs some cash

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Expect Joe Manchin (R) within six months.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Saddle up, liddle Marco better hand it over

https://twitter.com/axios/status/13...genumber%3D7553

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
May as well rename this thread "Two Joes, One Cup" for all the psychic horror Biden and Manchin will inflict on every single CSPAM poster.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want to congratulate Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on becoming the next president and vice president of the United States. All hail their glorious new regime. I'll be doing my part. I have already prepared lists of forums posters who have talked negatively about our nation. They and all those who insult and denigrate this great nation will surely perish for their crimes -- both internet crimes and real-life crimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-7MFOGbbk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tiberion02 posted:

May as well rename this thread "One Joes, gently caress You" for all the tangible horror Biden and Manchin will inflict on every single working class person, especially working class PoC, but I don't give a gently caress about them, because my Leftism begins and ends at giving Wall Street whatever they want, but Wokely