Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I love all these morons, post Trump, suddenly finding tweets very interesting to screw over Neera. its obviously unfair to her but that just makes it better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

NEVER STOP POSTING

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
leave it to Tanden to respond to someone wanting to lower corporate taxes, which is of course completely evil and odious, in the most intellectual and mature manner, “you gotta be on drugs or something homie!”

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Bernie is going to cast the deciding vote in favor of Neera.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nothus posted:

Bernie is going to cast the deciding vote in favor of Neera.

it'll be a yes because he's a bitch

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

who the gently caress abbreviates alaska "ala"? she's not from Alabama you idiot. just say "AK".

I thought maybe the old postal codes but I checked and yeah Ala was Alabama so he's just an idiot.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pretend I also emptyquoted that search someone did of tanden saying "Twitter isn't real life" like a hundred times. Lmao

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

LGD posted:

they're not actually in charge though lol, the parliamentarian is an advisory position and their advice can be ignored by the Presiding Officer (who in this case is Kamala, who for s0m3 r3a$0n is never mentioned in this discussion)

as with everything, if it doesn't get done it's not because they "can't," but because they don't care to

They could bypass regular order tomorrow, eliminate the filibuster, and subsequently pass UBI and a lambo for everyone if they wanted.

They don't want to.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Has anyone else noticed this weird pattern where the "bad" politicians take power and then do a bunch of horrific poo poo because they believe in it and nothing's stopping them while the "good" politicians take power and then do nothing because they care more about what the bad politicians and their constituents think than pulling their own constituents back from the brink of ruin

I wonder why the "good" politicians keep doing that even though they get housed in the next election after that every time, someone should warn them

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Demdumbocrats

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlackRedGuard1/status/1364685498334261256?s=19

https://twitter.com/EmericanJohnson/status/1364827941524234244?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Influx facilities is a good one

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

Has anyone else noticed this weird pattern where the "bad" politicians take power and then do a bunch of horrific poo poo because they believe in it and nothing's stopping them while the "good" politicians take power and then do nothing because they care more about what the bad politicians and their constituents think than pulling their own constituents back from the brink of ruin

I wonder why the "good" politicians keep doing that even though they get housed in the next election after that every time, someone should warn them

america needs a strong republican party

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
"influx facilities" lmao

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Listen guys, I know you want change, but it's just been 30 days. What do you expect?

The occupational forces haven't even had time to put together a steering committee to plan a commissioned study into what aspects of the concentration camps need to be revisited, and which ones are legitimate parts of a functioning immigration apparatus. I don't know why you all keep going on about showers...hygiene facilities are essential during this crisis.

Most of the people complaining about this are Soviet agents, anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2022 is gonna be lit

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

In Training posted:

2022 is gonna be lit

democrats are going to crank the scolding up to 11 since they think it's why they won in 2020 and are going have absolutely nothing to run on

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Weltlich posted:

Listen guys, I know you want change, but it's just been 30 days. What do you expect?

The occupational forces haven't even had time to put together a steering committee to plan a commissioned study into what aspects of the concentration camps need to be revisited, and which ones are legitimate parts of a functioning immigration apparatus. I don't know why you all keep going on about showers...hygiene facilities are essential during this crisis.

Most of the people complaining about this are Soviet agents, anyway.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

democrats are going to crank the scolding up to 11 since they think it's why they won in 2020 and are going have absolutely nothing to run on

Maybe we can get kids out of overflow facilities AFTER the most important midterms in history, CHAMP

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

Maybe we can get kids out of overflow facilities AFTER the most important midterms in history, CHAMP

Im at the influx center!

Im at the outflow center!

Im at the combination influx out flow center!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Anyway Jennifer Granholm just became Secretary of Energy by 60 plus votes. A less qualified pick than Rick Perry.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Also

https://mobile.twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1364729766134358018

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1364990730918371335

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
healthcare pls

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i'm just letting myself enjoy the pageantry of it all. also lol that using state resources to own people on twitter is now a thing the executive branch of the govt does.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

healthcare pls

You will attach your identity to beltway insider baseball and you will like it.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Rutibex posted:

america needs a strong republican party

Dems and republicans.

2 sides.
Just like the dao.

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
GOOD NEWS

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1365094448292487169?s=19

FOR ACCELERATIONISTS

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

the whole drat system is out of order

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Democrats are hosed

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

tweet is unavailable to me

doesn't matter though, I already knew both D and R voters were accelerationists

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/BMarchetich/status/1365111105463353345?s=20

I cannot wait for the Dems to stare down a Senate supermajority in 2022

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1365094080712224769?s=20

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/BMarchetich/status/1365111105463353345?s=20

I cannot wait for the Dems to stare down a Senate supermajority in 2022

They'll lose Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, New Hampshire, and maybe Illinois and Colorado if they really gently caress up. Not quite enough for a supermajority but still funny.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Where all weak rear end policy goes to die

https://mobile.twitter.com/samstein/status/1365107497086894081

Tax policy for some businesses!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
well it is funny bc its a tax policy thing which is classic dem, at least its targeted at businesses and it would effectively make the minimum wage $15 - i'm just trying to be an optimist

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shageletic posted:

Where all weak rear end policy goes to die

https://mobile.twitter.com/samstein/status/1365107497086894081

Tax policy for some businesses!

Now add small and medium corporations

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

The Oldest Man posted:

:thermidor:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

The Nastier Nate posted:

Now add small and medium corporations

oh jesus i didn't notice the "large" corporation thing - that means it would probably have no effect at all on getting most jobs to $15 since all the large ones are probably paying better than that anyway for the vast majority of their employees. i guess just restaurant chains/groups would be affected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Vomik posted:

oh jesus i didn't notice the "large" corporation thing - that means it would probably have no effect at all on getting most jobs to $15 since all the large ones are probably paying better than that anyway for the vast majority of their employees. i guess just restaurant chains/groups would be affected?

I’m sure someone along the way will carve out an exception for franchise owners